Golden interview 10/15

Golden will be here for a while. He sees the development of these kids on and off the field as a challenge and is a proud papa when they accomplish athletic and academic success and graduate into life. You don't have this opportunity to better someones life in the NFL, where the players think they are in charge due to the money factor. Miami and south Florida will continue to be a pipeline into a historic college football program with the right captain at the helm. Captain Al.

Im starting to believe all of this. I don't think he wants to say it publicly, but this man is as big a fan of the 'Canes as all of us. He grew up watching ball in the 80's and was as impressionable as the rest of us, in a part of the country where Miami is popular. I even think his brother was a walk on at Miami right? It feels like we have one of us in the coaches chair and it feels good.

Advertisement
Cot dammit, that's my coach.

12.jpg

Sums it up
+1

Wow!! What a tremendous leader for this university. The man is a college coach. I really don't think we have to worry about him going to the NFL at any time.

Great read. What can you say? He's just one helluva guy. Right person at the right time for UM.

Advertisement
Im so thankful and grateful for the state of the University of Miami right now. We are living through an historic moment that will be talked about for decades. Enjoy the ride fellas!

Al Golden is everything a college HC is supposed to be. First time I cried as a man was when my father died in my arms. Next time was 25 years later when my mother did the same. The third time was watching that scene and next dozen have been every time this is discussed. I would trust this man behind me in the jungle with his M16 on full auto and saftey off. You old farts like me, know what I mean.

Luck is not the right word. We and our players are Blessed to have this MAN as our HC.

Yeah but...

1. What is his salary?

2. Can we afford to keep Golden?

3. Why is he doing interviews, he did not win any games today?

4. Beat a showcase opponent?

5. Does Al realized he will be judged SOLELY on whether he lands Lane or not?

6. Why does Al keep his lackey coach D around?

Yeah but...

1. What is his salary?

2. Can we afford to keep Golden?

3. Why is he doing interviews, he did not win any games today?

4. Beat a showcase opponent?

5. Does Al realized he will be judged SOLELY on whether he lands Lane or not?

6. Why does Al keep his lackey coach D around?

and on and on-he gone, doom and gloom, oh well!

Advertisement
I seriously love that man. Dude is our savior. We were on the verge of never msking it back. Now we got a top tier head coach and an absolute beat recruiter.

I think the reason why Al Golden gets so excited when the team is having success is

1.) He was a player so he has that same player mentality, to just chest bump and hug and just enjoy everything when a player makes a play or when the team wins an exciting game.

2.) Even though Al Golden coached at Temple previously, Miami is really his baby, and being able to put in ur coaching philosophy, go through the turmoil, and finally see the fruits of your labor start to pay off, would make anyone excited.....

It's being happy for the guys in your program, players and coaches, but also feeling like your "philosophy" is being validated. it's easy to talk a good game, but it means nothing if there is nothing to show for it..... seeing success and the light at the end of the tunnel is an adrenaline rush.

Boom.

Add to the fact that it's always good to see someone being punished for others' actions rise up and succeed, and you can see why he gets so emotional when it comes to this group.

I've said it in the past but I can see Golden being a career college coach. Now his success driven mind could pull him to the NFL (and of course who could blame him) but he seems wired perfectly for the college atmosphere.

Golden has ties back to early 80's and just plain gets it. I hope he is our 5th NC winning coach very soon.

Advertisement
Props to the Sentinel for getting a beat writer to follow the Canes that gets it as well.

If Golden doesn't get Lane then he's got to go. He shouldn't be giving writers interviews, he should be camped outside of Lane's window.

Advertisement
Al Golden is an exceptional coach and leader. But I think what he did more than anything for this team is he proved that Miami is a destination program. If he stays for 10 years, god bless him, because we'll be in the NC every other year and win more than half of them. But even if he goes pro, Al has proven the model, and we'll get the best young head coaches from the college ranks banging down our door now.

Miami can keep the top local talent. The players aren't out of control, but in fact thrive on being as tough as nails. They want to take direction from hardasses like D'O, and actually approve of booting selfish teammates like EJ and Finnie. The alumni are an asset that no other team has. The fans will turn up to big games (just don't schedule Savanah State ever again). And even the media wants the Canes back as a powerhouse. Certainly the ACC loves it.

We climbed back thank to Al Golden. But we no longer need him to stay back. He's already done the U a great service, something probably only a handful of others could have pulled off, and probably all of them were too expensive for us to afford. At the same time, because of his success, Al now has the option to stay with Miami for as long as he wants and coach a perennial BCS team, or have the pick of several pro jobs over the next few years that will come his way. So the benefits go both ways.

Advertisement
Back