Golden get no credit for the 2 first rd picks

Golden does deserve some credit, our kids look like football players! I can't stand the staff x's and o'x on Saturday, but our players look like players. Can't say that for the last coaching staff players coming out. I don't give a crap about his development if he can't compete against the big boys in year 4. win more games!

What are you talking about? "Look like players"? The last staff was putting out players and they are having productive careers in the NFL... They were always the top performers among their position groups at the combine... Oh stop it... This doesn't make any sense... Some of of you try so hard to excuse Golden or over credit him it's sad... Funny thing is most of his draft picks either signed or committed to RS... PD, Duke, Feliciano &Walford were all signed or had committed to RS...

Man it's sad that Golden inherited 4 NFL backs, 3 NFL tight ends, several NFL O linemen and 5 NFL wideouts yet he claimed he was deficient of talent. The team was never this bad. It's great we were able to get back in the first round but our teams always had talent... We were never this bad...

Advertisement
Dude can take the top off a defense. No way a team stacks the box with the colts.

Yes he can but it won't be easy man... The NFL db's will draft him... I know TY and Antonio does it but the funny thing is I rarely remember those guys getting deep passers while they were in college... Due to the limitations of their qbs they knew how to run a lot of routes... I don't think PD is going to just come in the league running past everyone... It's going to take time...

I never understood the negativity from Cane fans about PD. I remember his Jr year and we got retards talking about how he should have been dropped off the depth chart behind Waters, Coley, Scott etc. I've felt like PD was going to be a good one from day 1. I didn't expect 1st round prior to this year due to some inconsistencies with drops, but he has gotten better each year and really seemed to put it all together in his senior year.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I just always found it funny watching people call him overrated all the time. Now everyone is talking about how underutilized he was.

Disagree. I'm not a fan of Golden, but his flaws come down to X's and O's and not being a good gameday coach... I think he does a good job of developing talent.

No reason in the world why other college coaches get credit for "developing" players like Saban, who has been getting 15 five stars every year but didn't have as many first rounders as we did, but we wouldn't give credit to Golden.

If player development is just on the player, then at least Golden gets credit for brining the right players in. Cause we didn't have a first rounder the entire Shannon regime.

Advertisement
I never understood the negativity from Cane fans about PD. I remember his Jr year and we got retards talking about how he should have been dropped off the depth chart behind Waters, Coley, Scott etc. I've felt like PD was going to be a good one from day 1. I didn't expect 1st round prior to this year due to some inconsistencies with drops, but he has gotten better each year and really seemed to put it all together in his senior year.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I just always found it funny watching people call him overrated all the time. Now everyone is talking about how underutilized he was.

Not negative, just that there's no way I would personally have drafted PD ahead of Duke or Denzel.... but that's just me. I think Duke going in the 3rd is way too low. Dude will have a much bigger impact on the offense than Dorsett will, IMO

Disagree. I'm not a fan of Golden, but his flaws come down to X's and O's and not being a good gameday coach... I think he does a good job of developing talent.

No reason in the world why other college coaches get credit for "developing" players like Saban, who has been getting 15 five stars every year but didn't have as many first rounders as we did, but we wouldn't give credit to Golden.

If player development is just on the player, then at least Golden gets credit for brining the right players in. Cause we didn't have a first rounder the entire Shannon regime.

tumblr_n9ij0ekQmc1setsv8o1_400.gif

kenny-phillips.jpg

Not negative, just that there's no way I would personally have drafted PD ahead of Duke or Denzel.... but that's just me. I think Duke going in the 3rd is way too low. Dude will have a much bigger impact on the offense than Dorsett will, IMO

WR typically don't become effective until their second or third year.

Dude can take the top off a defense. No way a team stacks the box with the colts.

Yes he can but it won't be easy man... The NFL db's will draft him... I know TY and Antonio does it but the funny thing is I rarely remember those guys getting deep passers while they were in college... Due to the limitations of their qbs they knew how to run a lot of routes... I don't think PD is going to just come in the league running past everyone... It's going to take time...
lol... U can't be serious..

Advertisement
Lol, right. The worst coach in Miami football history just had two players drafted in the first round. Yeah that guy sucks at developing players for the NFL.

This is not just directed at you. People were dogging PD out last year like he was some kind of scrub. Again, I never expected him to be a 1st round guy, I was always thinking 2nd -3rd rounder before this year. Just amazes me how many people dogged him last year and everyone is all over him now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd0S0LwhEDU

Last edited:
Lol, right. The worst coach in Miami football history just had two players drafted in the first round. Yeah that guy sucks at developing players for the NFL.

Everyone says Shannon sucked and he had a first rounder too.

Shannon was just a guy that had no business coaching as a head coach. Al Golden on the other hand, had a track record of putting players in the pros.

Advertisement
I don't care how many players Golden develops and gets in the NFL, I'm not giving him any credit even if he deserves it.

I don't care how many players Golden develops and gets in the NFL, I'm not giving him any credit even if he deserves it.

He deserves plenty of credit. These are his guys he's putting in the pros. And he's going to continue to do so in the 2016 draft.

Advertisement

He deserves plenty of credit. These are his guys he's putting in the pros. And he's going to continue to do so in the 2016 draft.

You see guys...Don Bailey Jr and Joe Z do visit these boards.

Why doesn't he get credit? Guys like Saban and Meyer gets all the credit for putting guys in the pros. But a coach as good as Golden doesn't get the credit? Put the Gatorade down for one minute and just look at his work at getting players ready for the draft.

You see guys...Don Bailey Jr and Joe Z do visit these boards.

Why doesn't he get credit? Guys like Saban and Meyer gets all the credit for putting guys in the pros. But a coach as good as Golden doesn't get the credit? Put the Gatorade down for one minute and just look at his work at getting players ready for the draft.

Are you trolling or are you really one of the last remaining *** kissing retarded Golden apologists? You're so over the top ridiculous that I honestly can't tell.

Man this is a foolish statement. You do realize that most of the selections this year committed or sign to RS right? PD, Duke, Walford, Feliciano were all RS guys... I'll give Golden credit for Perryman despite he being a priority for RS but Barrow had to beg Golden to bring him along. Al has been relying on RS players since he got here... But lets stop pretending like RS didn't bring in talent... Golden inherited 4 NFL backs, a nfl qb, 5 nfl wideouts, 3 nfl tight ends, several nfl dlinemen and olinemen... Can we say we Golden left today that there are 4 nfl backs on our roster? No... Can we say we have 5 nfl wideouts? No... Can we say there 3 nfl tight ends? As of now no... We give Golden too much credit... Credit for guys physical gifts (PD blazing speed) and for guys he didn't bring in...

Advertisement
Back