Golden get no credit for the 2 first rd picks

Miami Nights

Junior
IMO. Player development is mostly on the player IMO. Golden is still a ****** coach and should get no credit for so called " developing" these guys. The man Is the worse coach in um football history.

Coaches have some influence on a players development, don't get me wrong, but it's up to the player to apply and put those skills into play.

Advertisement
PD, if not for his gift of speed at birth, there's no chance he'd have gone in the first. I'm not saying he didn't put some work in, but to be a complete receiver he's got a loooong way to go OR the coaches did a horrible job of finding more uses for him. He never showed he was more than a one trick pony, but maybe that's more on the coaches than him as he worked on finely tuning his game. He's going to be an interesting one to watch to see what happens with Luck and the Colts.

I must certainly wouldn't give anyone on the staff credit for him. Flowers, some credit they do deserve for him IMO.

PD, if not for his gift of speed at birth, there's no chance he'd have gone in the first. I'm not saying he didn't put some work in, but to be a complete receiver he's got a loooong way to go OR the coaches did a horrible job of finding more uses for him. He never showed he was more than a one trick pony, but maybe that's more on the coaches than him as he worked on finely tuning his game. He's going to be an interesting one to watch to see what happens with Luck and the Colts.

I must certainly wouldn't give anyone on the staff credit for him. Flowers, some credit they do deserve for him IMO.

Agree on PD. His speed assures he'll have a niche in the NFL but he's far from a complete receiver.

Golden gets credit for nothing. The minute you lose 7 games in your 4th full year, all the while 5 or 6 of your players are getting drafted in the first 3 rounds of the NFL...it's time to kill yourself, or change professions.

Advertisement

I guess I don't understand what your trying to say and your one trick pony comment is more of an indictment on the coaches.

Your speed comment is silly. alot of fast guys like him don't get drafted at all let alone in the first rd. post makes no sense to me.

Should someone get jealous at someone who was born smart and got into Harvard? I mean after all, Harvard would t have taken him or her if they weren't born smart.

I guess I don't understand what your trying to say and your one trick pony comment is more of an indictment on the coaches.

Your speed comment is silly. alot of fast guys like him don't get drafted at all let alone in the first rd. post makes no sense to me.

Should someone get jealous at someone who was born smart and got into Harvard? I mean after all, Harvard would t have taken him or her if they weren't born smart.

I'm pretty shocked myself and how much hype PD has gotten leading up to this draft.

He's a blur. He'll run past you on a 9 route and split any safeties on a post route....but throw him a 3 yard slant and you'll get 3.5 yards. Throw him a zero bubble and you might get 2 or 3 yards.

He's got ZERO run after the catch ability. He takes way too long to accelerate in traffic and isn't explosive with the ball IN HIS HANDS.

I think best case scenario he's Randall Hill. I blame the coaches for A LOT of things...but PD is what he is. The tape don't lie. Don't just watch the bombs...go back and watch the games and watch what he does on short completions.

I'm pretty shocked myself and how much hype PD has gotten leading up to this draft.

He's a blur. He'll run past you on a 9 route and split any safeties on a post route....but throw him a 3 yard slant and you'll get 3.5 yards. Throw him a zero bubble and you might get 2 or 3 yards.

He's got ZERO run after the catch ability. He takes way too long to accelerate in traffic and isn't explosive with the ball IN HIS HANDS.

I think best case scenario he's Randall Hill. I blame the coaches for A LOT of things...but PD is what he is. The tape don't lie. Don't just watch the bombs...go back and watch the games and watch what he does on short completions.

did you watch his senior year? there were plenty of yards gained after the catch

Advertisement
Sorry PAR, but WR's with his speed get drafted, typically about where he was. Find me any at his position in this draft that didn't. Go back in several drafts if you want as well.

Simply put, we'll find out in years to come if he can do more of the things a well rounded receiver can or if he's just a downfield threat. I'm guessing the Colts think they can get more out of him, but when given the opportunity here he didn't run with it.

Sorry PAR, but WR's with his speed get drafted, typically about where he was. Find me any at his position in this draft that didn't. Go back in several drafts if you want as well.

Simply put, we'll find out in years to come if he can do more of the things a well rounded receiver can or if he's just a downfield threat. I'm guessing the Colts think they can get more out of him, but when given the opportunity here he didn't run with it.

6th wr taken, ahead of green-beckham, funchess, strong, Lockett, Conley and Montgomery.

Extremely Deep receiver class, and he was a first rounder. I'm not sure I understand your "blinded by speed" argument.

Are you implying that NFL scouts and general managers don't know the difference between well rounded athletes and dudes that can run fast? Are they just sitting on their couch at home, drinking beer, and jerking off to 40 yard dash slo mo's?

"**** it! He can't run a route, read a coverage, learn the verbiage, or fit in our system. But he's so fast!!!!!"

6th wr taken, ahead of green-beckham, funchess, strong, Lockett, Conley and Montgomery.

Extremely Deep receiver class, and he was a first rounder. I'm not sure I understand your "blinded by speed" argument.

Are you implying that NFL scouts and general managers don't know the difference between well rounded athletes and dudes that can run fast? Are they just sitting on their couch at home, drinking beer, and jerking off to 40 yard dash slo mo's?

"**** it! He can't run a route, read a coverage, learn the verbiage, or fit in our system. But he's so fast!!!!!"

Ted Gin and Darius Heward-Bay says hi... That being said I do think Dorsett is better... Although he was fast I didn't think he was going ahead of Strong, Nelson and DGB... All bigger wideouts that run 4.4 and were more productive in college... However the Colts have 3 awesome wideouts and can bring Dorsett along slow... He'll do well...

Ted Ginn jr and DHB have made respectable careers in the NFL, earning 23.2 and 33.6 million dollars, respectively.

That's some good company.

Next taker please.

Advertisement
Golden does deserve some credit, our kids look like football players! I can't stand the staff x's and o'x on Saturday, but our players look like players. Can't say that for the last coaching staff players coming out. I don't give a crap about his development if he can't compete against the big boys in year 4. win more games!

Sick of hearing about the Wonderlic, NFL draft, blah blah blah. Just WIN SOME GAMES WHILE AT THE U. Six doesn't cut it.

cant take credit for kids that you know would be good out of hs. Its crazy because that was his best recruiting class so this probably wont happen again.

Advertisement
IMO. Player development is mostly on the player IMO. Golden is still a ****** coach and should get no credit for so called " developing" these guys. The man Is the worse coach in um football history.

Coaches have some influence on a players development, don't get me wrong, but it's up to the player to apply and put those skills into play.

Why not spend the moment congratulating our kids instead of the same negativity?

Ted Ginn jr and DHB have made respectable careers in the NFL, earning 23.2 and 33.6 million dollars, respectively.

That's some good company.

Next taker please.

No it's not a "next taker"... Neither one of those guys should have been first round picks... Their speed allowed them to be in the NFL... Ginn is a great return man but even Hester went 2nd round... Heyward-bay is fast but that is it... You can make an argument that neither of them should be in the league... You can even go back to the early 2000"'s and look at Fsbian Washington from Nebraska who was a first round pick due to his speed.

Golden gets 46% of the credit in my opinion.

Expressed as a fraction: 6/13th :hunt_dog_lol:

Advertisement
Back