Golden Doesn't / Can't Recruit S FLA.....WRONG!

Al Golden isnt the best recruiter in the SFL area though....

James Coley, Tarvaris Robinson, and Michael Barrow i would say are the top 3.

The problem is Al Golden's buddies from Temple have done little to nothing to help Miami recruit talent in SFL and in the South East....

D'onofrio, Jethro, and Paul Wiliams... none of them have shown the ability to be able to recruit at an elite level or even above average level in the 3 years they've been here which makes it worse and also contradicts Al Golden's belief that "A good coach has to also be a good recruiter."

James Coley on this staff is going to help a lot but the defensive staff, outside of Barrow, needs a complete overhaul.

Advertisement
Not to be a debbie downer because he is doing a very good job, but there is still too much elite talent going elsewhere.

Agree but as long as the $ec is spending $$$$, elite talent will go elsewhere. Let's not be naive here. The bagman is all over South Fl

FreePawn, its a moot point because my definition of Elite and your definition of Elite are WAY diff. The only Elite guys we let get away in recent memory that totally did or could have changed the direction of this program are Patrick Peterson, Lamarcus Joyner, Matthew Thomas, Janorris Jenkins, Kelvin Benjamin, Alex Collins, Amari Cooper. Off the top of my head... THAT'S IT! Everyone else is replaceable. Rashard Robinson?? Really? Elite?? Avery Young? Keith Bryant? This is what you call Elite? Is Keith Bryant even playing? Elite guys FIND A WAY to get on the field! You are really reaching bro. Talk about Al all you want when it comes to our defensive schemes. When it comes to recruiting? He is a boss.

I don´t really care about what whose def of elite is. I am talking about very good players, so are you. The majority of very good players have been leaving SoFla for the last 3 years.

Just because a freshman isn´t playing yet doesn´t mean he isn´t very good. GTFOOH with that BS. Our staff was desperate to sign Bryant, so they obviously disagree with your assessment of him.

Free Pawn, when wrong I see you deflect the argument. So you sit back and cry and bytch and moan about who we lost. Boo phuckin' hoo! You probably one of them people who been crying every year since we lost Marvin Jones back in 89' about SoFla kids leaving. Get over it. Matter of fact, stop following recruiting. Fade to black...

We're still bringing in a top 5 class even though we've had looming sanctions for three recruiting cycles and we haven't won 10 games in TEN YEARS!

Advertisement

The problem is Al Golden's buddies from Temple have done little to nothing to help Miami recruit talent in SFL and in the South East....

D'onofrio, Jethro, and Paul Wiliams... none of them have shown the ability to be able to recruit at an elite level or even above average level in the 3 years they've been here which makes it worse and also contradicts Al Golden's belief that "A good coach has to also be a good recruiter."

James Coley on this staff is going to help a lot but the defensive staff, outside of Barrow, needs a complete overhaul.

Paul Willams got Tracy and Deon. Jethro got Chad and Moten. So suck ***** Zone. You soft shouldered *****.
Also why I like Barrow and think he's a pretty **** good recruiter he couldn't get his cousin who attends his alma mater and is coached by his boy to commit to us. So shut the **** up about that. Also he kinda ****ed up with the whole DK72 thing. Again kindly suck ****s mother ******. Anti Defensive staff propaganda spewing clueless *** dumpster.

Last edited:
I remember Chad saying Jethro showing up at his concert when no other recruiter asked about it was HUGE. And Tracy talking about how much him and his family liked Willams. His mom even defended him before Tracy committed to UM on twitter when Genron was ripping him.

But since it fits with your anti Defense argument you'll pull anything out of your *** huh? ******* biggest piece of **** on this site aside from Genital Warts. Someone link the thread Zone made the 3rd week of the season about our defense being able to go toe to toe with Alabama. ******* lame *** mother ******.

INB4 Zone calls me a ***** ***** and makes up some more excuses for how bad our offense is. Sucks Coleys **** even tho play calling is horrendous and ******* some more about Doritos

Advertisement
That's a dumb *** list ^ .... By a dumbass

Says the biggest dumbass of them all. Next time be quiet hoe.

Ummmm Eddie Goldman, PJ Williams, Leonard Williams, Whitfeild, Jayron Kearse were not South Florida guys among a few others on your list.

Yes we lost, but what can you do, we've been playing catchup for a while now even before Golden got here. Jimbo was out recruiting Shannon, and is out recruiting Al. Al has free reign now, no one knows how much the NCAA hurt us, but that excuse is gone now and 2015 must be a huge year to compliment this years very good class.

Leanord Williams was a south Florida guy. Doesnt matter if Goldman, Whitfield, Kearse(south fort myers), etc..... are south Florida guys. All of them would have contributed. Goldman is starting at fsu as a TRue sophomore, Leanord balled out as a freshman at USC and is projected to be a first round pick, Jayron is playing safety at clemson as a true freshman, pj Williams starting at corner as a true sophomore. People also le o harp on the "youth" issue but ELITE talent can still make significant impacts as freshman, sophomores.....,

Fsu has a true sophomore, Mario Edwards jr who is either a true sophomore or redshirt freshman, and Tim Jernigan true junior all starting on the dline. Doesn't seem to be a problem.

What can be done, is to improve recruiting..... Like I said THIS signing day will provide a more accurate picture as far as recruiting goes. I understand the "cloud" and like you said there's no way to measure the TRUE impact it had on certain kids.

I hear ya on all of the above. Leonard Williams however was from Daytona Beach....mainland high school to be exact

Ummmm Eddie Goldman, PJ Williams, Leonard Williams, Whitfeild, Jayron Kearse were not South Florida guys among a few others on your list.

Yes we lost, but what can you do, we've been playing catchup for a while now even before Golden got here. Jimbo was out recruiting Shannon, and is out recruiting Al. Al has free reign now, no one knows how much the NCAA hurt us, but that excuse is gone now and 2015 must be a huge year to compliment this years very good class.

I agree. Just to review Geography and South Florida. It depends on what your definition of South Florida includes

Goldman was from Washington DC (Safe to say not South Florida)

L. Williams was from Daytona Beach, FLA (hour north of Orlando)

PJ Williams was from Ocala, FLA (hour+ north of Orlando)

Whitfield was from Orlando, Fla

Kearse was from Fort Myers, Fla

I think people would include the following counties in South Florida: Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach

Paul Willams got Tracy and Deon. Jethro got Chad and Moten. So suck ***** Zone. You soft shouldered *****.
Also why I like Barrow and think he's a pretty **** good recruiter he couldn't get his cousin who attends his alma mater and is coached by his boy to commit to us. So shut the **** up about that. Also he kinda ****ed up with the whole DK72 thing. Again kindly suck ****s mother ******. Anti Defensive staff propaganda spewing clueless *** dumpster.

I remember Chad saying Jethro showing up at his concert when no other recruiter asked about it was HUGE. And Tracy talking about how much him and his family liked Willams. His mom even defended him before Tracy committed to UM on twitter when Genron was ripping him.

INB4 Zone calls me a ***** ***** and makes up some more excuses for how bad our offense is. Sucks Coleys **** even tho play calling is horrendous and ******* some more about Doritos

But since it fits with your anti Defense argument you'll pull anything out of your *** huh? ******* biggest piece of **** on this site aside from Genital Warts. Someone link the thread Zone made the 3rd week of the season about our defense being able to go toe to toe with Alabama. ******* lame *** mother ******.

OH ****!!

260.gif

LMFAO... WHO IS THIS GUY? I see Big Sky Likes you 3 times lol

Boy if you wasnt so dumb you would be stupid, u know that smh

You act like i said these guys were terrible recruiters, re-read my post. It's true they arent elite recruiters in this area. Jethro in what will be his 4th year here finally has a couple of quality d-line commits under his belt.

As far as Paul Williams, why are you making **** up?... do you really think that Al Golden was going to make Paul Williams the main recruiter for Tracy Howard and Deon Bush? Al Golden recruited both of them personally.

Jamal Carter and Artie Burns were recruited by Michael Barrow.... and why are you even dissing Barrow anyway? are you related to Dorito? The Denver Kirkland and Matthew Thomas fiasco was Al Golden's fault more then anybody, i see you just like to make **** up when you rant.

Like I said none of the Temple coordinators are elite recruiters, if they were Miami will have depth, recruiting one elite DB per year isnt how you establish depth, and Paul Williams isnt personally responsible for any of the "elite" DBs on this team. Antonio Crawford and Ladarius Gunter are all Al Golden.

Jethro is probably the best out of Dorito and Paul Williams but he isnt an elite recruiter, re-read what i said, where did i disrespect them?... what is wrong with you lol.

As far as "me making excuses for this offense".... you showed yo hand when you said that, u mad b/c u and the rest of you clueless ppl who thing the defense was great were wrong?

Al Golden’s tenure has seen great progress — on offense. The offense has improved from 38th in 2010 to 6th this year. For those questioning the accuracy of that stat, this is precisely why I have been screaming about the pace of play all year. When they have the ball, they do an overall great job. They just don’t get it enough. This is also why a defense not forcing three-and-outs becomes a major issue, even if the opponent doesn’t score.

On the other hand, the defense was ranked 13th in 2010, and is now 84th (after finishing 88th last year). The net result? The combined efficiency of the team (which also accounts for special teams) has gone from 23rd in 2010 to 29th now. It has essentially flatlined.

Why would i have to "make up" anything about this offense..... they arent a high powered Baylor offense b/c of ur favorite defense of all time that you keep **** sucking. I dont have to mention other real reasons like injuries to the best players on the offense and a lingering injury to the QB. But none of that adds up to clueless individuals like you and whoever agrees w/ yo dumbass.

James Coley is going to prove to be the best offensive coordinator we've had in awhile at Miami from both a recruiting and coaching stand point.

U MAD.... lol of course you are, look at you.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm going off quotes from Chad, Deon and Tracy. Not making **** up. Also I have NEVER called the defense elite. That was you homeboy. You said we could go toe-to-toe with Bama and challenged Winston to go against a "defense like Miami's" after the Florida game. When other told you to chill you called them stupid or soft shoulders *******. But nice try ******.

Advertisement
Back