Golden bad coach but class act

Advertisement
Super Character on Al's part.....just a shame he couldn't put better results on the field.

Nice PR move for him.

He still threw kids under the bus, chose his friend over the players, held us up for a huge extension when we were at our most vulnerable, and is making 7 mil to NOT coach the team.

Class act? Hardly.

I have zero problems with Al Golden the man. I have all the problems with Al Golden the Head Coach.

Played a big factor in Artie's life as his dad is in jail. Nice gesture but he also had nothing on his schedule either.

Advertisement
Not to diminish what he did but honestly, are the expectations so low of him (or people in general) that this is considered some great feat of grace? I would have been shocked if he didn't do it.

god speed to Artie and his family.

Don't be surprised if Fraulden has a hand in the new HC selection process.

Advertisement
Nice PR move for him.

He still threw kids under the bus, chose his friend over the players, held us up for a huge extension when we were at our most vulnerable, and is making 7 mil to NOT coach the team.

Class act? Hardly.

I don't trust anything that ******* Benedict Alfred does.

All he sees are opportunities to promote his own self.

This thread is actually doing his work for him.

Absolutely a class act. I'm going to send him a letter of best wishes once he settles somewhere. At those road games I saw several positive and classy gestures that never made it to the media.

Advertisement
It's one act of kindness that all people should be capable of. It doesn't make him a class act or define his personality in totality, so stop trying to use the kids (again) and their real predicaments to save his disgraced face. Stop being a man-worshipper ala Paterno at PSU (see the connection is was trying to establish--worked). As stated above, there's more proof to the contrary according to our history in association with him. Narcissists are known to mimic the humane behaviors of healthy individuals. Stop it...pleazzze.

People easily become accomplices and sympathetic of narcissistic abusers especially when they are finally exposed as the frauds they all are. I've been to several away games and he has never interacted or even glanced up for that matter as they came out to the buses, as we supported and cheered them in defeat. He stares downward, boards the bus, and flips open a portable video player to analyze just how he will refuse to change the poor schemes that had yet again been proved unsuccessful. U dudes have been victimized and now suffering Stockholm's Syndrome.

Nice PR move for him.

Class act? Hardly.

Wow dramatic much?

It's the administration's fault for hiring the guy. All he did was attempt to keep his job

And everyone refers to him throwing kids under the bus like he did it all the time. He said it one statement over the course of 5 years referencing "me" players

And guess what, we've lost a few games becuase of players. Fsu last year and VT two years ago off the top of my head for fumbles

We can all agree he wasn't a great coach but that doesn't mean he was a terrible person, he never did anything wrong for the players which is why the players didn't want him gone. You're ignorant fan if you can't see that. People hate him becuase he wasn't a great coach but that's not his fault that our administration was dumb enough to hire someone unqualified

Advertisement
Outside of the football issue, I have nothing bad to say about Golden. He did seem to treat others with respect even when he knew things weren't going well....

Day after being fired Golden goes to the hospital to visit Burns mother

Fvck Al Golden.

I'm not applauding him for doing something any normal human would.

Sorry ,but isn't that something any decent person should do?

I'd hope any person worth their salt would do that in the same position.

Advertisement
Back