Golden as a talent evaluator

5Ringz

Thunderdome
This guy does not care about stars and rankings. And there is no question he truly EVALUATES players whether they are high school, JUCO, or transfers. Whether theyre rated high or not rated at all.....hes evaluating them based on what he sees not by scouting services. Yeah the highest rated kids are obvious and easy to scout.....but a lot of them are primo donnas and you can't argue that.

But my goodness just look at this list of kids that would have gone elsewhere and balled. He finds talent. Mixes big name recruits with hard working under the radar recruits with a chip on their shoulders.

Rashawn Scott - kid is freakishly talented and nobody even offered him
Eddie Johnson - All ACC Freshman. Just unfortunate that he don't listen
Thomas Finnie - played a ton as a freshman and would be our #2 corner. No other Florida scholl offered. Just a bonehead tho.
Olsen Pierre - this kid is on his way to the NFL the way he is progressing. But Golden Al is recruiting like he's still at Temple Lulz
Ereck Flowers - do I really need to say anything here? This kid's offer sheet was laughable. NFL 1st round bound.
Rayshawn Jenkins - did you see him at the end of last season? Iowa State really wanted this kid lulz
Gabe Terry - was a special teams monster. Sky was the limit for this kid.
Ladarius Gunter- best corner on the team

And we still haven't seen many of the others who redshirted.

Now yes there are a few fallouts. But Golden has very few misses

Briscoe
Vernon Davis (left mainly cuz he was scared)
Dequan Ivery
Ricardo Williams
David Thompson (baseball)
Preston Dewey

Dude is a legit talent evaluator

Advertisement
Golden isn't the only one that evaluates all the prospects. Recruiting, finding prospects, & evaluations is a full team effort. Over the last couple years our staff has collectively done a good job.

Golden isn't the only one that evaluates all the prospects. Recruiting, finding prospects, & evaluations is a full team effort. Over the last couple years our staff has collectively done a good job.

Hey thanks for the one up there captain obvious

I remember an interview with Kehoe where he said how unique and great it was working with Golden in terms of recruiting because the whole staff gets together and discusses everybody. Al has no ego and puts the personal evaluations of coaches above all else which Kehoe said doesnt happen at a lot of schools.

Advertisement
This guy does not care about stars and rankings. And there is no question he truly EVALUATES players whether they are high school, JUCO, or transfers. Whether theyre rated high or not rated at all.....hes evaluating them based on what he sees not by scouting services. Yeah the highest rated kids are obvious and easy to scout.....but a lot of them are primo donnas and you can't argue that.

But my goodness just look at this list of kids that would have gone elsewhere and balled. He finds talent. Mixes big name recruits with hard working under the radar recruits with a chip on their shoulders.

Rashawn Scott - kid is freakishly talented and nobody even offered him
Eddie Johnson - All ACC Freshman. Just unfortunate that he don't listen
Thomas Finnie - played a ton as a freshman and would be our #2 corner. No other Florida scholl offered. Just a bonehead tho.
Olsen Pierre - this kid is on his way to the NFL the way he is progressing. But Golden Al is recruiting like he's still at Temple Lulz
Ereck Flowers - do I really need to say anything here? This kid's offer sheet was laughable. NFL 1st round bound.
Rayshawn Jenkins - did you see him at the end of last season? Iowa State really wanted this kid lulz
Gabe Terry - was a special teams monster. Sky was the limit for this kid.
Ladarius Gunter- best corner on the team

And we still haven't seen many of the others who redshirted.

Now yes there are a few fallouts. But Golden has very few misses

Briscoe
Vernon Davis (left mainly cuz he was scared)
Dequan Ivery
Ricardo Williams
David Thompson (baseball)
Preston Dewey

Dude is a legit talent evaluator
Well there is no doubt that he is a legit talent evaluator, he proved that at Temple. This is a good post but a couple things. I feel like nobody from the 2011 class should be listed as a positive nor a negative outside of Pierre who was a kid he already had committed at Temple, as he had just over a month to put together almost an entire class, we don't really know which of those kids he would have taken if he had the full cycle. Lastly, by December everybody wanted Flowers but most coaches were smart enough not to waste any time on both Duke and Flowers, just sayin.

I was just talking with my uncle about this today. When your in the most talent rich area in the country, and your head coach can find under the radar studs, AND develop them... You are creating a monster.

Advertisement
This program is great shape with Golden as its head coach. He has to wind this year, and I truly believe he will. This is Miami's most talented team since the 2001 team.

Good thread. I disagree that Finnie would be a #2 here. I think he would have slowly slipped down the depth chart.

Advertisement
Dalton Botts was part of that 2011 class as a JUCO, too. Turned out very well.

Advertisement

If it was so obvious why didnt you include it?

Bcuz only mentally retarded porters wouldn't already know this. But thanks for clearing it up for them

LMAO@ 5Ringz arguing with porsters. Ignore the retards, bruh, the gist of your point is obviously spot on. Goldens just gets it.

If it was so obvious why didnt you include it?

Bcuz only mentally retarded porters wouldn't already know this. But thanks for clearing it up for them

Oh of course. That's why you only mention golden in all the successes and failures of his recent recruiting classes. & whenever we miss on a Dlineman it's fire jethro, because of course he was the only one talking to the recruit.

Advertisement
Back