Golden and the officials

It's a mix as you want to see him stick up for the players but also want to see him coaching at the same time. A lot of penalties are because of coaching so yeah...........

Advertisement
It's more the way he argues. He's always smiling that ****-eating mattress salesman grin when he yells at them.

I wanna see veins popping and slobber when they work the refs.

Yeah, just say your piece and be done with it. Stop smiling and carrying on for half a quarter. Shut up and coach your team.

This is based on my observations of an incredibly long tenured, well respected head coach in Dade County:

It's the head coach's job to work the officials. The most effective way to get what you want from the officials is to have a singular voice coming from your sideline. One coach, preferably the head coach, needs to be that person. The officials will never take you seriously if your entire bench is crying over every call. You need to pick and choose your battles. The only way for that to happen is to have one person in charge of talking to the officials.

The key is to have consistent contact with the officials so that they know what baseline is. You can throw in mild complaints here and there, but your explosive reactions need to be saved for key situations, while the game is still in reach. You will almost never get a call reversed, but you will often see a makeup call. It helps to show appreciation following the makeup call. At the end of the day, the officials are in control of the game.

This is based on my observations of an incredibly long tenured, well respected head coach in Dade County:

It's the head coach's job to work the officials. The most effective way to get what you want from the officials is to have a singular voice coming from your sideline. One coach, preferably the head coach, needs to be that person. The officials will never take you seriously if your entire bench is crying over every call. You need to pick and choose your battles. The only way for that to happen is to have one person in charge of talking to the officials.

The key is to have consistent contact with the officials so that they know what baseline is. You can throw in mild complaints here and there, but your explosive reactions need to be saved for key situations, while the game is still in reach. You will almost never get a call reversed, but you will often see a makeup call. It helps to show appreciation following the makeup call. At the end of the day, the officials are in control of the game.

You're the guy who flew the banner?

Advertisement

You're the guy who flew the banner?

Ah, bc of my username. Nope, different #Westendzone.

Advertisement
Back