Golden and the officials

rok

Great Poster
Anyone else tired of Golden arguing with the officials all game?

To me, this is the mark of someone who is easily flustered. It also reeks of desperation and gives off the sense that we can't win if the officials aren't on our side.

I'd much prefer to see him coaching his team; special teams in particular. Every game he gets hung up on one call and never lets it go. It's a distraction for the players and it takes the focus off of what he can control.

Advertisement
Its called sticking up for your players and fighting for what you believe to be true.
Have you ever coached?
If so, I'm convinced you probably didn't just sit there when you felt a call went against you.

Weak post

To me, this is the mark of someone who is easily flustered. It also reeks of desperation and gives off the sense that we can't win if the officials aren't on our side.

I'd much prefer to see him coaching his team; special teams in particular. Every game he gets hung up on one call and never lets it go. It's a distraction for the players and it takes the focus off of what he can control.
Completely disagree. There are plenty of things to complain about. This is not one of those things.

I'd rather he stopped worrying so much about things that are out of his control. You can't get a call overturned by arguing and letting it consume you for 30 minutes.

Its called sticking up for your players and fighting for what you believe to be true.
Have you ever coached?
If so, I'm convinced you probably didn't just sit there when you felt a call went against you.

Weak post

What are your main beefs with Golden?

Advertisement
Can we the mods just start one thread called "All Rok's ****" and just have him post in there?

We all get it, no one on here is happy with Golden, and we don't need 5 more threads a day saying the same thing. Bring a unique, meaningful take or post it in an old thread.

Can we the mods just start one thread called "All Rok's ****" and just have him post in there?

We all get it, no one on here is happy with Golden, and we don't need 5 more threads a day saying the same thing. Bring a unique, meaningful take or post it in an old thread.

None of the threads I've started recently have anything to do with Golden with this one exception.

We're currently T-107th in penalties per game and 114th in penalty yards per game. A team that commits that many penalties is an indication that it's very poorly coached, which doesn't reflect well on Golden, which is why he's losing his cool on the sidelines more frequently. Simple.

I'd rather he stopped worrying so much about things that are out of his control. You can't get a call overturned by arguing and letting it consume you for 30 minutes.

right that's what the challenge flags are for...either throw one or STFU

Advertisement
Some of those ref's the other day needed to get kicked in the nuts... That **** was crazy bad...!

The two calls he argued the most any coach would have gone ballistic on. The PI against Fentress against GT and the personal foul against Cincy on 4th and 1. Those were crucial plays in the game and the calls did not go our way when they probably should have.

No, and this is a dumb issue. When Radio was here, people b*tched NON STOP that he never stood up for the team, never challenged the officials the way that good coaches like "Saban, or Meyer or ***" did. Now we are going to complain that our HC yells at the refs TOO much when they make a bad call?

There is plenty to criticize Golden over. This is just silly nonsense.

I personally prefer the coach that will jump on the officials for making bad calls against us, since it seems that we are ALWAYS getting f*cked by bad calls, than a passive coach sitting on the sidelines just taking it and not saying anything. Its to our benefit to keep the heat on the officials. Its harder for them to make sh*tty calls when they know a coach will be in their face after every one. Its human nature. Most people try to avoid confrontation, so after a bad call, if an official thinks he's about to get his *** chewed out again, he may just let the next one slide. ALSO, it helps when they are NOT calling something, like holding on the other team. Players complain to the refs all the time, and eventually, it helps a ref key in on something going on, and they may start calling it.

I don't see the downside here. Golden has failed as an HC, but not because of this.

Advertisement
The only comment I'll make on this is that I've definitely noticed he has been doing this a lot more this year. In the past he's been a lot more calm when it comes to this stuff.

Could be a response to seeing us get victimized by biased officiating for years (especially in conference games), or could be another small symptom of him responding to pressure.

He's taking out his frustrations on the officials. He's clearly feeling the heat. Wouldn't be surprised to see a full blown melt down coming.

Advertisement
It's more the way he argues. He's always smiling that ****-eating mattress salesman grin when he yells at them.

I wanna see veins popping and slobber when they work the refs.

Have you ever coached?

Weak post

What are your main beefs with Golden?

Everyone's main beef is the same: the team blows. It is boring and frustrating to watch, plays way below its talent level, and every week he tries to tell us we aren't watching it right.

I like how he added this yelling at the refs to his act this year. The refs don't even look like they take him serious. In the past he always played nice guy and chestbumped with the players. Now he's just being more of the ******* that he is.

What are you Ron Cherry's agent? We rarely get calls in this conference and that goes back to the year we entered the conference. You think the ACC officiating of our games this year has been good?

Advertisement
Back