Golden and Cristobal visited Alin Edouard today

Advertisement
Stands tall, light on his feet, excellent athleticism. Solid arm strength, excellent deep ball, calm in the face of the rush.

His throwing motion is just fine for a high school junior. He has a very quick release, and I really like his recognition skills.

He only has one read and go normally and that'll take some time, but I'd love to get my hands on him if I were a QB coach. He will rip it up at the college level if he keeps working and listens to his coaches. This kid is the best of the QB prospects for next year that I've seen us heavily involved with and is better than Winky at the position for what we do on offense.

Keep in mind it's more about tools at this point than a finished product and this kid is both production and physical talent.

That run at the 1:50 mark...

I'm at work and can't access the video. However, If its the same one that was posted here before, there's a play towards the end where I think he throws a bubble to a teammate who takes off for a huge gain. Edouard, hits another gear and WALKS DOWN the ball carrier (who is running at 100% effort) to pick up a block or two. Its one of the freakiest things I've seen on a high school tape.

On an unrelated note, there's another QB in south florida by the name of Wade Freebeck who I'm also a fan of. UF is going after him hard, but definitely deserves a look from us.

Isn't it amazing the way work interferes with what's really important in life?

Somehow, we have to straighten out our priorities. Back in the '80's, I used to take an extra hour off from work, take the subway home, and put in a second tape to keep taping the NFL draft. At least I could balance the two.

On an equally serious note, what does it say that the staff has been spending so much time during this recruiting season contacting 2014 players? Does this mean they are pretty much satisfied with the way the class looks and are pretty much done with 2013? I think it's a good sign. I don't recall in years past hearing or reading about so much time being devoted to players for a subsequent recruiting year.

Not a QB coach or anything but is that what you would consider a "typical" throwing motion? doesn't look like it to me. Looks like its that abbreviated snap of the forearm thing that J12 used to rock.

Anyone else who knows about this stuff care to chime in?

His throwing motion reminds me of Marino. I was amazed when I first saw Marino in the early '80's. He wouldn't bring his arm back very far, he would just snap it, and he could throw it hard or throw it long. He had a very quick release and and very strong arm. It was a very efficient release. Not many QBs could do that.

This kid seems to have a very strong arm, and doesn't have to wind up or use a lot of motion to get the ball going, and he seems to have velocity.

And he can do one thing Marino couldn't do--run. He's fast and elusive.

I'm not an expert on QBing, anybody disagree, please say so.

He told me his time is 4.57

That'll be sub 4.5 in a couple years. ****

Fast enough. I don't remember us ever having a QB who could run like that. He was elusive and running away from guys. He'll be faster in 2-3 years. This would give a whole new dimension to our offense. We'd have a legitimate running threat at QB. It's always a nightmare for DCs.

Advertisement
That run at the 1:50 mark...

I'm at work and can't access the video. However, If its the same one that was posted here before, there's a play towards the end where I think he throws a bubble to a teammate who takes off for a huge gain. Edouard, hits another gear and WALKS DOWN the ball carrier (who is running at 100% effort) to pick up a block or two. Its one of the freakiest things I've seen on a high school tape.

On an unrelated note, there's another QB in south florida by the name of Wade Freebeck who I'm also a fan of. UF is going after him hard, but definitely deserves a look from us.

Isn't it amazing the way work interferes with what's really important in life?

Somehow, we have to straighten out our priorities. Back in the '80's, I used to take an extra hour off from work, take the subway home, and put in a second tape to keep taping the NFL draft. At least I could balance the two.

On an equally serious note, what does it say that the staff has been spending so much time during this recruiting season contacting 2014 players? Does this mean they are pretty much satisfied with the way the class looks and are pretty much done with 2013? I think it's a good sign. I don't recall in years past hearing or reading about so much time being devoted to players for a subsequent recruiting year.

I seem to recall Golden's signing day press conference last year when he said he was out on the road, EVERY night for the final 3 weeks. The guy is an animal, and it is instilled in the entire staff. 2013, 2014, 2015 - Golden is on them all. His preparation skills are off the charts, always sticks to his master plan. It doesn't hurt that the 2014 S. Florida class is absolutely loaded.

One thing that bothers me about Flowers is that I'm pretty sure he completed less than 50% of his passes this past season. I know stats for a HS QB aren't the end all be all, but I would be interested in finding out what Edouard's completion % is like

One thing that bothers me about Flowers is that I'm pretty sure he completed less than 50% of his passes this past season. I know stats for a HS QB aren't the end all be all, but I would be interested in finding out what Edouard's completion % is like

I think I read somewhere he's at 57%

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back