Going Down With The Ship.

Based in our schedule tell me what ACC teams you see beating us next year?
How many years do we have to say this only to end up losing to 3 of them?

We SHOULD win 7 ACC games every year but we don’t. We should represent the coastal every year but we have only done it once. We also missed our window to just run the table in the coastal every year because now UNC is relevant and actually loading up pretty good with a good coaching staff

And a side note is it always comes back to being deficient on one side of the ball. We have yet to put both a good offensive season and a good defensive season together in well over a decade. Probably since 04-05ish

Advertisement
Manny just straight up proved to us that he values friendship over Miami. I don’t think this is Manny’s dream job like he claimed. I mean wouldn’t he do anything to keep it if it was? He had the perfect opportunity to extend his tenure at Miami by letting Blakey go. I believe by keeping him on staff he has told administration that he can’t make that tough decision. And with him calling plays on defense this upcoming year I think he has played all of his cards. This might be his last year at the U if we don’t win the coastal fellas. BUCKLE UP. Go canes

True but it runs deeper. For example, why is Blake James still employed? It's the whole ******* university that doesn't give a ****. And it percolates down.

Advertisement
Nope NC will smoke Manny’s system again
Not a mope or sunshine pumper, but when Many called the defense we did well vs UNC.
Interested to see. Hope it works out in our favour, they do lose a lot of firepower.

Im not exasperated.

ywb.gif

Advertisement
How many years do we have to say this only to end up losing to 3 of them?

We SHOULD win 7 ACC games every year but we don’t. We should represent the coastal every year but we have only done it once. We also missed our window to just run the table in the coastal every year because now UNC is relevant and actually loading up pretty good with a good coaching staff

And a side note is it always comes back to being deficient on one side of the ball. We have yet to put both a good offensive season and a good defensive season together in well over a decade. Probably since 04-05ish

I don’t care how many times we’ve said that. The past is the past.

All season I heard how much better the defense played when Manny called plays, how much we needed a technical who can recruit coaching our DBs and how our dline missed a guy like Simpson who would teach our dline something other than a bull rush.

Replacing Baker would have been ideal but because just because we didnt there’s no one who will convince me we won’t win. Coker, Golden and Shannon not doing it is irrelevant.

I don’t care how many times we’ve said that. The past is the past.

All season I heard how much better the defense played when Manny called plays, how much we needed a technical who can recruit coaching our DBs and how our dline missed a guy like Simpson who would teach our dline something other than a bull rush.

Replacing Baker would have been ideal but because just because we didnt there’s no one who will convince me we won’t win. Coker, Golden and Shannon not doing it is irrelevant.

Mindsets stuck in the early 2000s. There might be one acc game next season where the defense is more responsible for costing us a game than ST or offense. The rest of the time most of the game nowadays is about offense. If Miami loses 38-27 to a team like VT or 34-10 to Clemson, the problem isn't the defense. You have to score points. Did anyone watch the Clemson OSU game? Venables is one of the best DCs and with all that talent they didn't stand a chance because they weren't scoring. On the flip side, UFs defense is worse than Miamis and they nearly beat Bama in the SEC championship game because they could keep pace with scoring. People need to stop worrying so much about Diaz or Baker calling plays and worry about who is going to be catching passes next season.

Advertisement
The defense will be better this year..We now a legit secondary coach in Trob and DVD as cb coach learning from a proven secondary coach..with those two together will have our secondary playing lights out and Trob also has DC experience and has learned defensive schemes from Muschamp so We will have some Fresh eyes and mouths in Mannys ear suggesting New ideas ...Our linebacker play has to improve for this to work..We need at least two of our linebackers to play light out every game...I don’t care which two but those two must separate themselves from the other LBs...I’m not worried about the DL Coach Simpson will have them Ready and Nesta and Ford will benefit from Simpsons coaching...it’s coming together U family..just B patient grasshoppers..in my Aaron Rogers voice...R-E-L-A-X..

Manny just straight up proved to us that he values friendship over Miami. I don’t think this is Manny’s dream job like he claimed. I mean wouldn’t he do anything to keep it if it was? He had the perfect opportunity to extend his tenure at Miami by letting Blakey go. I believe by keeping him on staff he has told administration that he can’t make that tough decision. And with him calling plays on defense this upcoming year I think he has played all of his cards. This might be his last year at the U if we don’t win the coastal fellas. BUCKLE UP. Go canes
Absolutely correct.

Not watching a single game next year!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back