God **** It: It Is Time To Re-Examine Mario Cristobal

Fans don't deserve this breh but everything else u said was facts
I'm sorry but after the things I've seen throughout my time here and reading the utter nonsense on these sites I gotta say I disagree with what the fanbase deserves. Yes i know it's not the majority. But its FAR too many. They talk nonsense just to hear themselves. Mario is the perfect example. What did he do wrong to deserve the **** he takes here? Cause he left alfraud and got his salary doubled? It was widely known only reason he took the job here was to keep his name in coaching circles and because he didnt have anything else solid. Him coming here was a coupe for alfraud and a favor for mario. Everyone knew that. He got an offer from bama,usc and arizona after a few weeks here. Bama offered him double the money AND the chance to work under Saban & learn opposed to being tethered to a sinking ship. Anyone in the program knew how bad that staff was.(just like this 1) mike quit to get away. Working for alfraud was essentially suicide to **** near everyone there. How can people talk **** bout that? If people disagree hes a good coach that's fine. Cant find issue with that. But all the other stuff is just stupidity. If people knew the staff mario was lining up they'd be bent over asking for the ****. That's what they dont comprehend. It's not about mario. Its he knows how to build a squad,staff etc cause other than fiu hes been part of nothing but winning. Period

Advertisement
I'm sorry but after the things I've seen throughout my time here and reading the utter nonsense on these sites I gotta say I disagree with what the fanbase deserves. Yes i know it's not the majority. But its FAR too many. They talk nonsense just to hear themselves. Mario is the perfect example. What did he do wrong to deserve the **** he takes here? Cause he left alfraud and got his salary doubled? It was widely known only reason he took the job here was to keep his name in coaching circles and because he didnt have anything else solid. Him coming here was a coupe for alfraud and a favor for mario. Everyone knew that. He got an offer from bama,usc and arizona after a few weeks here. Bama offered him double the money AND the chance to work under Saban & learn opposed to being tethered to a sinking ship. Anyone in the program knew how bad that staff was.(just like this 1) mike quit to get away. Working for alfraud was essentially suicide to **** near everyone there. How can people talk **** bout that? If people disagree hes a good coach that's fine. Cant find issue with that. But all the other stuff is just stupidity. If people knew the staff mario was lining up they'd be bent over asking for the ****. That's what they dont comprehend. It's not about mario. Its he knows how to build a squad,staff etc cause other than fiu hes been part of nothing but winning. Period

good points. I mean, would we think Mario is smart for sticking with golden over Saban? the guy who was afraid to play Nebraska?

Mario leaving for Bama proved the only thing that matters in this whole conversation. He is a very smart guy who's going to analyze a situation and make a decision that's best for him and his family. He did it then and he'll do it going forward.

Right now, and for the foreseeable future, Oregon is a better opportunity for him. Anyone thinking he'll come back here and all it's challenges instead of the ideal situation he's currently in is crazy. He's not going anywhere.

Advertisement
Your spot on everything here. He got crap cause our fans and fans in general are stupid and only want what benefits there favorite team, they could give a **** if it helps the individual. I was only skeptical on Mario coming here was the rumor was he was bringing coley back as OC. I have no doubt he can put together a good staff and roster

The 2 defense i respect they played......

they barely ran for 4 yards a carry.

Mario is smart to recruit and emphasize on physcality...especially in that conference of finesse. He can win long term being Washington like.
I agree on defenses he plays. But any fan of ours complaining about their conference and defenses he plays is simply a hypocrite (not saying u r brother) just saying his conference and his schedule RIGHT NOW is tougher than ours & it's not even close. Its a process but I'd trust that process with him. I'd trust that process with plenty of other coaches as well. Just none currently employed here.

Mario leaving for Bama proved the only thing that matters in this whole conversation. He is a very smart guy who's going to analyze a situation and make a decision that's best for him and his family. He did it then and he'll do it going forward.

Right now, and for the foreseeable future, Oregon is a better opportunity for him. Anyone thinking he'll come back here and all it's challenges instead of the ideal situation he's currently in is crazy. He's not going anywhere.
b.

if he turned down Saban to work for golden that would make him an idiot and James would have hired him!

Just shortening this up for posterity...but, that's pretty impressive. Texas Tech and Washington State are the Tatooine of college football.

He's basically the greatest coach in Texas Tech history. He took them to their ceiling.

He's currently pushing Mike Price as the greatest coach in Washington State history. He's taken them to **** near their ceiling as well.

The critiques are valid, brother...I get it. Trust me, I do.

In an alternative universe where Donna Shalala listens to Donald Trump, I think Mike Leach's story turns out different and our story, too, turns out differently.

I used to be on the side of those against Leach...he doesn't run the ball, and you know I hate that ish, brother. But...I think we've made too many mistakes and turned down too many good coaches - Leach included. If I'm writing Mike Leach fan fiction...he ends up pretty good here at minimum.
Yeah. But you have to realize the validity of the issue with him. Hes one dimensional and was able to take those two squads to their peak because hes been in conferences where defense is a foriegn concept. In major college football you cant thrive year in and year out doing nothing but throwing the ball. By thrive I mean compete for championships not just 10 win seasons. I get it, 10 win season's would be wonderful here. But just like richts it would be a facade.

Advertisement
Ur right. Mandy getting his lisp loving tranny asss gang raped by junior colleges was a much better option. Ask temple what they feel after getting paid 4 mill to hand him back.
Temple made Blank James a saint and every day they light candles to St. Blake to bless him for saving their *** from Diaz.

Absofvckinglutely... Mario isn’t as stupid as many here make him out to be. He got slapped by Al G. and Blake cause they’re pussys with no gonads... and Mario said who the fvck wants this shiit, I’m outahere to a better and real program. Believe me Mario does not want to come to this **** hole, and Oregon is a dream job for him. Besides weez gonna get the 69 yo Butch next year to work miracles.

oregon.jpg

Advertisement
Great post, OP. Good analysis.

El
Oh
El

At some people on this board. Dude wins 11 and the conference in year 2 in the only conference that plays 9 conference games a year and its “wait and see”.

Yeah he had a stud QB, he also convinced that QB to come back for his senior year instead of going in the Top 5.

He developed / recruited a badass OLine In a short time, one of the best in the country. In fact he has turned Oregon...******* Oregon...in to a physical team that no one wants to play against.

Has always hired great staffs, as OP pointed out.

Would have bitten Blake’s arm off for the job (know this for a fact).

He ain’t Urban Meyer but he’s light years better than what we have right now.

Just to extend the conversation...

Can we at least agree to a NO on Marcus Arroyo as OC?

My lord, this man runs screens like Matt Canada runs jet sweeps. Thats a hard no thanks.

Advertisement
The knock on Mario is from his FIU days. He peaked at 8-5, then regressed to 3-9. People are rightfully cautious. We've been burned before.

That said, his ability to pick coaches seems above average in retrospect.

let’s see him next year without a top 3 quarterback, it’s easy to win games with a nfl talent like that

Exactly.

Everyones favorite offensive genius Mike Leach had an 11-2 team last year with Gardner Minshew.

He went 6-6 this year with Anthony Gordon under center.

Temple made Blank James a saint and every day they light candles to St. Blake to bless him for saving their *** from Diaz.
Every time I start getting mad about Shanny, I'm reminded that Flake actually PAID 4 million dollars to TEMPLE when he hadn't even corched a single game there. Then I get irate.

Advertisement
Back