Goat

Wins is more coaching than anything. Manning has had high success regardless of the HC. Brady's had Belichick. Belichick has shut down high scoring offenses multiple times. Brady's a great QB, but coaches should be getting measured by wins and losses, not QBs. Marino never won a SB, yet Joe Flacco has. Am I to believe that Flacco is a better QB than Marino? How about Eli Manning? He's 2-0 against Brady in the SB? Is he better than Brady (he isn't)? You see how asinine it is to focus solely on the number of SB rings a QB has?

Edit: You also had a lot of people judging Malik from the 2017 season because of our W/L record. We saw how that worked out.

You measure a player over his career not over a few games. Getting to the SB 9 times and winning 6 will probably never be done again.

Advertisement
That play was first down on the plus 40 with over a minute left and 2 TOs. That wasn't a play that won/lost a game, which was what the INT he threw against KC was. Or the fumble he lost against Oakland was. Or the INT he threw to Robert Alford was.

Dig in those heels......Got it.

Montana isn't even close either. Neither Montana nor Brady could hold a candle to Aaron Rodgers. He's lightyears better. Just different situations. Put Rodgers in New England in 2000 and he's got 10 rings and they're blowouts. Tom Brady was sacked once in 3 games this postseason and his OL knocked people around to the tune of 160 YPG rushing. Oh, and the defense is led by the best coach ever. Your GOAT had the ball in his hands against the worst defense in the league 2 weeks ago with the game on the line and threw a pick. But Dee Ford lined up offsides. Oops. The GOAT gets a do-over, and of course he capitalizes, cause he's a great player. But he ain't the GOAT.

Aaron Rodgers light years better than Brady! :rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg::rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg::rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg:

People like you are why I get a kick out of these debates. There's no question who the greatest of all time is, but there'll always be somebody taking the contrarian point of view. You do you, though.

Belichick is the GOAT when it comes to looking more miserable than anyone else while achieving more success than anyone else.

Advertisement
Luck is BS argument when it happens over 17 seasons......It is conveniently used one way to justify a position, while ignoring all contradictory "unlucky" things that have happened.

For example......Articles like this all always somehow just ignore that insane, Kearse freak catch bouncing off his leg that puts Seattle in position for Brady to get lucky by them not running it with Lynch in 2014.

seahawks-get-lucky-super-bowl.gif

• Or what about Manning escape and Tyree catch that cost him a Superbowl for example.
  • Or the Miracle in Miami play that make NE have to play the AFC Championship game in KC instead of home this year (Which they overcame).
Point is you only want to remember the times "Luck" benefited the Patriots/Brady.....I am sure if you go over the 17 years of their/his dominance you will find equally amount of "unlucky breaks" they got that would basically even them out.
This one comes to mind, but that's sports.

Aaron Rodgers light years better than Brady! :rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg::rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg::rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg:

People like you are why I get a kick out of these debates. There's no question who the greatest of all time is, but there'll always be somebody taking the contrarian point of view. You do you, though.

Ask Tom. He'd tell you the same thing. Really not even close. Swap McCarthy and Belichick, the dynasty would be in the midwest, not the northeast.

You measure a player over his career not over a few games. Getting to the SB 9 times and winning 6 will probably never be done again.

Cool. Bill Russel won 11 titles with the Celtics as the main guy. That's never happening again in the NBA and most people don't even consider Russel the GOAT. If you want to label Tom Brady and Belichick the best coach/QB combo, then have at it. There's no better pair. Brady's gotten SB wins with mediocre performances whereas other QBs who put up similar numbers lose. Brady has the GOAT HC to help cement his legacy. I guarantee you if you put Rodgers or Manning with Belichick, they get identical success if not better.

Advertisement
Cool. Bill Russel won 11 titles with the Celtics as the main guy. That's never happening again in the NBA and most people don't even consider Russel the GOAT. If you want to label Tom Brady and Belichick the best coach/QB combo, then have at it. There's no better pair. Brady's gotten SB wins with mediocre performances whereas other QBs who put up similar numbers lose. Brady has the GOAT HC to help cement his legacy. I guarantee you if you put Rodgers or Manning with Belichick, they get identical success if not better.

Indisputable.

7 first half points in 3 games. I said that above. That's what the Pats gave up this year in the playoffs. 7 points in 3 games. And a Brady led offense was losing or tied in the 4th quarter in 2 of those games, when Belichick DOMINATED the opposing offense, at least for a half. And last night, for an entire game.

Belichick and Flores put on a clinic with defense this year. Especially given that the rules now favor the offense considerably.

7 first half points in 3 games. I said that above. That's what the Pats gave up this year in the playoffs. 7 points in 3 games. And a Brady led offense was losing or tied in the 4th quarter in 2 of those games, when Belichick DOMINATED the opposing offense, at least for a half. And last night, for an entire game.

Brady also manages games, when there is no need for him to throw it 50 times he doesn't. Taking time off the clock in many cases is as good a running a game up. So when a games on the line you'd rather have who as QB instead of Brady?

Advertisement
Brady GOAT and it isn’t even close
He is simply amazing
All the right calls/reads/checks

And oh by the way it is amazing to listen to Romo broadcast.... he is unreal!

Romo is the GOAT broadcaster. He brings something that none prior have. Troy Aikman is also very good.

Belichick and Flores put on a clinic with defense this year. Especially given that the rules now favor the offense considerably.

Just ridiculous what that defense did the last few weeks.

The GOAT had THREE POINTS with 10 minutes to go in the game. THREE! That's the GOAT? Thank god they weren't playing the Saints. Belichick is the master, but Brees/Payton sure as **** weren't gonna be held to a FG for an entire football game in the biggest game of the year with 2 weeks to prepare. Jared Goff is asscheeks, and was the majority of the year as a pure dropback passer. Gurley being hurt killed them, but regardless, the Rams did NOTHING on offense for 3 quarters and the GOAT put up 3 points.

Montana isn't even close either. Neither Montana nor Brady could hold a candle to Aaron Rodgers. He's lightyears better. Just different situations. Put Rodgers in New England in 2000 and he's got 10 rings and they're blowouts. Tom Brady was sacked once in 3 games this postseason and his OL knocked people around to the tune of 160 YPG rushing. Oh, and the defense is led by the best coach ever. Your GOAT had the ball in his hands against the worst defense in the league 2 weeks ago with the game on the line and threw a pick. But Dee Ford lined up offsides. Oops. The GOAT gets a do-over, and of course he capitalizes, cause he's a great player. But he ain't the GOAT.

You are cherry picking individual plays and situations out of a nine Super Bowl, record shattering, hall of fame career.

Whenever someone resorts to that their argument usually doesn’t hold water. Because for every play like it there are hundreds where he made plays that changed or won games for the Patriots.

Look at the big picture man. He’s got six rings in nine tries and is playing at an elite level at 41 years old, yet another thing no one has ever done like him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Brady also manages games, when there is no need for him to throw it 50 times he doesn't. Taking time off the clock in many cases is as good a running a game up. So when a games on the line you'd rather have who as QB instead of Brady?

Brady's an excellent clutch QB. You guys make it sound like he's the only one that does it. Manning has plenty of performances where he's done the same thing. As has Rodgers.

Let's not forget that Brady got bailed out by Dee Ford being lined up just inches off-sides in which he had no impact on the play. Yet Brady threw an interception. Then there's the Seahawks foolishly outsmarting themselves by not running Lynch on the 1-yard line. Or let's talk about the Falcons who could've easily made their game a 2-score game (similar to the Pats last night) if they just ran the ball and kicked a FG. Brady's a great QB and this is in no way to knock him as a QB. Having said that, when people start talking about Brady as the GOAT, you force the rational group to start talking about context. Brady's a great QB. He's also probably the luckiest QB to ever play in the NFL as well.

Just ridiculous what that defense did the last few weeks.

The GOAT had THREE POINTS with 10 minutes to go in the game. THREE! That's the GOAT? Thank god they weren't playing the Saints. Belichick is the master, but Brees/Payton sure as **** weren't gonna be held to a FG for an entire football game in the biggest game of the year with 2 weeks to prepare. Jared Goff is asscheeks, and was the majority of the year as a pure dropback passer. Gurley being hurt killed them, but regardless, the Rams did NOTHING on offense for 3 quarters and the GOAT put up 3 points.

Yawn

Brady didn't put his team in a position to win either right? That dime in triple coverage to Gronk just happened by accident.

I swear the tears from adults over a guy whose dominated for 20 years is comical. You must be trolling at this point. Take away Peyton's last title because he was a dumpster fire compared to Brady last night.

I think it is Belichick. When Brady retires, I have a sneaking suspicion that the Patriots will still be consistently good. He'll plug someone else in at QB and the train will keep rolling on.

Advertisement
Back