Goat

Ahh. But, remember half the world hates him. Also you lose points for offing people. We got have some morals here. Also, I’m sure he had to live life within security restrictions. Probably somewhat annoying. He’s scores off the charts on everything else though. :)

That is true. Tons of people can't stand the guy lol. I feel like for him it doesn't matter to much because he is untoucahble in russia lol.

Advertisement
Never really thought about it till this friggin thread. Lol. Also have Chris rocks quote stuck in my head about him scoring high but nobody ever wanting to trade with him cause he’s black.

I don't know enough about the QBs prior to the late 90s to really be able to give a real in depth answer. I know a lot of people would pick Montana. I know a few guys who have been watching football since the 50s who say still say Johnny Unitas is the best. Brady is definitely not a bad choice and may be the best choice.

Generally when I think of who is the GOAT I think of which player would you put on an all time NFL roster. Brady may be the best choice.
Yea it's not that easy but it may simply come down to ones personal choice... however, Montana and Brady are consensus leaders.
I'm an ex-tennis player and a big fan... so goat is much simpler in tennis... Federer period.

I mean what the ****. The dude can do whatever he wants with no security restrictions comparatively, every company on the face of the earth wants to pay him for an endorsement, his marriage to what society considers generally one of the most beautiful and most successful women in the world, he can travel any where at any time, experience whatever he wants, etc etc. I think the only blemish on his life is his moms health right? His kids and everyone else is healthy I think.

Never really thought about it till this friggin thread. Lol. Also have Chris rocks quote stuck in my head about him scoring high but nobody ever wanting to trade with him cause he’s black.
Me neither lol, but now I am very into it. LOL at the CHris rock quote.

Advertisement
Yea it's not that easy but it may simply come down to ones personal choice... however, Montana and Brady are consensus leaders.
I'm an ex-tennis player and a big fan... so goat is much simpler in tennis... Federer period.

Completely agree. Exactly with individual sports it is a lot easier. I am a huge boxing fan which is an individual sport, but even with that though people still argue about who the GOAT is lol. I have heard many times that Federer is the GOAT period so that makes a lot of sense. I also heard Williams is the GOAT for the females lol.

I mean what the ****. The dude can do whatever he wants with no security restrictions comparatively, every company on the face of the earth wants to pay him for an endorsement, his marriage to what society considers generally one of the most beautiful and most successful women in the world, he can travel any where at any time, experience whatever he wants, etc etc. I think the only blemish on his life is his moms health right? His kids and everyone else is healthy I think.

I think you are correct about that. He also knocked up a woman who is worth hundreds of mills and is hot as ****. That is a huge plus in it self lol. The downside though is he can't really enjoy the fame banging tons of other girls.

Completely agree. Exactly with individual sports it is a lot easier. I am a huge boxing fan which is an individual sport, but even with that though people still argue about who the GOAT is lol. I have heard many times that Federer is the GOAT period so that makes a lot of sense. I also heard Williams is the GOAT for the females lol.
Yes Serena is goat as well... just saw her get knocked off at the Aussie Open... hoping American D. Collins can win it.
Hey... wake me up when it's Aug. 31st.

Interesting. I guess the tremendous amount of negative backlash he has now would be the split point. But interesting.

Also the minor detail that he'll eventually be considered one of the worst Americans of all time. Lies, fear, exclusion, mockery and divisiveness don't exactly stand up well to history. We happen to be within real time, which skews perspective due to stubborn polarization. Joe McCarthy still had a 35% approval rating three months after being censured by the senate.

Advertisement
Let's talk about Cassell. It only proves our point.

The Patriots missed the playoffs that year. Cassell left the Patriots, went to the Chiefs and made the playoffs with them.

Belichick has played 7 seasons without Brady. He has made the playoffs 1 time. One out of seven.

Brady is the GOAT QB. Belichick is not the GOAT coach. Don Shula is.

Context is a wonderful thing.

Of those 7 seasons he didn't make the playoffs, one was the year after the SB when they had Tom Brady. Most of those seasons were in Cleveland where he still posted a 7-5 record. The season he had Matt Cassel the whole year because Brady went down game 1, they still posted an 11-5 record. They lost based on tie breaker to the Dolphins which posted their best record in the last 20 years.

Cassell went to a significantly weaker division in the AFC West. The Dolphins were average/above average (still are) while the Jets were an elite team during that time. So Cassell making the playoffs in a weak division at the time is not something to boast about.

Peyton had HOF or HOF-caliber players like Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Edgerrin James, a really good OL.

Other than two seasons when Randy Moss was unstoppable most of New England’s WRs and RBs were nothing more than very good players. Gronk is the exception, he’s a HOF-caliber TE.

Brady makes everyone around him better. Belichik runs a great organization with great coaches, great front office, and a great QB.
Brady is so good them announcers were talkimbout Edelman for the HOF. Brady is Jordan.

Last edited:
Those saying Brady had better teams around him haven't paid attention. No matter who plays on his teams they are great, that is until they leave for more money. Wes Welker for example. Brady is not only the greatest QB of all time, he just may be the greatest athlete of all time. Marino was more fun to watch and had a better arm but winning on the big stage is what matters and nothing is more difficult then making it to the Super Bowl. Lebron James keeps changing teammates so that he can win although looks like he hasn't done so well in LA (regardless of injury). Jordan had pretty much the same players year after year. The NBA sucks today since any team willing to spend the money can build a champion. The NFL the more you win the lower you draft and staying at the top like Brady has is unimaginable. Besides Gronkowski who on the Patriots makes them a great team? One man...TOM BRADY!

Advertisement
Meh. Brady is a system QB. :eek:
I agree. Watching yesterday, I don't think Brady threw more than 6 or 7 passes more than 10 yards downfield. Their scheme gets Edelman open all freaking day about 8 yards beyond the line of scrimmage. (Welker before this) I knew they were going to take Berrios and in a few years it will be him in the slot.

Peyton Manning wins a ton of Super Bowls if he and Tom trade teams.

I agree. Watching yesterday, I don't think Brady threw more than 6 or 7 passes more than 10 yards downfield. Their scheme gets Edelman open all freaking day about 8 yards beyond the line of scrimmage. (Welker before this) I knew they were going to take Berrios and in a few years it will be him in the slot.

Peyton Manning wins a ton of Super Bowls if he and Tom trade teams.

If my aunt had a ****, she'd be my uncle.

"System QB" is the biggest laughable argument against Brady's status that's out there. The dude has multiple seasons with numbers better than Manning's. And Manning has never faced the roads to the playoffs that Brady has on MULTIPLE OCCASIONS (just to name a few, he beat 15-1 Pittsburgh team, on the road, in 2004; beat Manning's Colts' teams multiple times; took down a juggernaut in KC this season).

Manning will go down as the second greatest of all-time. But anyone who thinks he's above Brady is just lying to themselves. That argument ended years ago.

Advertisement
Tom Brady is without question the most overrated athlete of all-time. It's really not a comparison.

He's a GREAT player playing in a generational system with the best football coach who has ever lived. He's absolutely not the best QB of all time.

Tom Brady has a worse playoff QB rating than Mark Sanchez LMAO. Couldn't be my GOAT.

Tom Brady is without question the most overrated athlete of all-time. It's really not a comparison.

He's a GREAT player playing in a generational system with the best football coach who has ever lived. He's absolutely not the best QB of all time.

Tom Brady has a worse playoff QB rating than Mark Sanchez LMAO. Couldn't be my GOAT.

Trash take. Let's look at some numbers:

Brady is 6-3 all time in the playoffs against teams with 13 wins or more.
Montana? 1-3.
Peyton? 4-5.
Rodgers? 2-2.

In Brady's last 16 playoffs games, he's 12-4, with 5,000 yards and a 36 TD/14 INT ratio. MVP numbers.

Brady v. Manning in Super Bowls:

Peyton Manning: 103-155 for 1,001 yds, 3 TDs, 5 INTs & 77.4 QB rating in 4 Super Bowls.
Tom Brady: 235-357 for 2,576 yards, 18 TDs, 5 INTs & 98.0 QB rating in 8 Super Bowls.

Drew Brees & Aaron Rodgers combined playoff stats (31 games): 786 CMP / 1,210 ATT / 9,217 YDS / 69 TD / 21 INT / 99.7 RATING / RECORD 17-14
Tom Brady's WORST 31 playoff starts: 790 CMP / 1,278 ATT / 8,387 YDS / 46 TD / 33 INT / 82.2 RATING / 22-9 RECORD

Should I keep going?

Let's talk about Cassell. It only proves our point.

The Patriots missed the playoffs that year. Cassell left the Patriots, went to the Chiefs and made the playoffs with them.

Belichick has played 7 seasons without Brady. He has made the playoffs 1 time. One out of seven.

Brady is the GOAT QB. Belichick is not the GOAT coach. Don Shula is.

Advertisement
Back