Goat

Advertisement
Jeezus dude... you are one long winded poster. I would think that goat encompasses all things/stats, but SB wins is included as well by most sports writers/commentators.
Brady whether you or I like it will be goat. It's like if the question was asked on Family Feud who's goat... you bet your *** it will be Brady... it is what it is dude.
And hey brother... no long winded answer, lol.

LOL! I like to debate. Not for nothing though, but you were first one in the the thread to say Brady is only arguably the best QB currently. So if he is only arguably the greatest now than he has to be arguably the Greatest of all Time. I'm not even saying he isn't the GOAT. I am just saying that you can't just say X won the most super bowls so he is the greatest of all time.

To say someone is the GOAT is basically saying if I was to create a super team from all the players ever to play the game. Who would be my starting QB. That is the GOAT. Superbowls doens't play into that because the greatest guy could have been surrounded by scrubs.

LOL! I like to debate. Not for nothing though, but you were first one in the the thread to say Brady is only arguably the best QB currently. So if he is only arguably the greatest now than he has to be arguably the Greatest of all Time. I'm not even saying he isn't the GOAT. I am just saying that you can't just say X won the most super bowls so he is the greatest of all time.

To say someone is the GOAT is basically saying if I was to create a super team from all the players ever to play the game. Who would be my starting QB. That is the GOAT. Superbowls doens't play into that because the greatest guy could have been surrounded by scrubs.
Real talk right there...think about this...Matt Cassell made millions from The league after his season in NE that he won 11 games and threw for almost 4,000 yards....system bro. Dude is the epitome of a 3rd string QB.

Real talk right there...think about this...Matt Cassell made millions from The league after his season in NE that he won 11 games and threw for almost 4,000 yards....system bro. Dude is the epitome of a 3rd string QB.

Exactly, great point as always bro. People just look at Brady, but don't look at the players around him on Offense and Defense or the coaches and their schemes. People don't want to talk about Cassell because it completely destroys the point they are trying to prove.

Lmao... now you're tag teaming on me... I'm a bit sleepy but I'll get you tomorrow... I ain't finished with you yet... lol.

Advertisement
Brady is in the Mount Rushmore. But when I think GOAT I think someone that always has a chance. There's been plenty of QBs that throw a Hail Mary to win a game and NO ONE'S surprised. Bradys never been one of those guys. Belichick always has enough trick plays and time outs(GOAT Schemer). Dont get me wrong Brady has thrown bombs. But not into double,triple coverage like Rodgers,Farve,Marino,Montana,Elway. Even Romo And Roethlisberger have done it. If Championships count so much Eli Manning is Tom Bradys Kryptonite and we all know how laughable that is

Bill Bel is what makes that system go. Yes Brady is talented and great but you plug in any good QB in that system and they will flourish. Matt Cassel went what 10-5 starting? Brisset was undefeated, Jimmy G 2-0. **** from all accounts Bill was ready to move on from Brady for Jimmy G.

Then you have a talented guy like Rodgers stuck with an idiot of a HC who should have more than 1 ring

Brady is in the Mount Rushmore. But when I think GOAT I think someone that always has a chance. There's been plenty of QBs that throw a Hail Mary to win a game and NO ONE'S surprised. Bradys never been one of those guys. Belichick always has enough trick plays and time outs(GOAT Schemer). Dont get me wrong Brady has thrown bombs. But not into double,triple coverage like Rodgers,Farve,Marino,Montana,Elway. Even Romo And Roethlisberger have done it. If Championships count so much Eli Manning is Tom Bradys Kryptonite and we all know how laughable that is

If SBs meant everything than Eli would be a top 12 QB of all time. I am a huge Giants fan and I will tell you right now, that is not the case.

Advertisement
That is why the GOAT argument is just that. An argument. No one can say X is the GOAT. It is impossible to decide. No one would have said put Lebron on the team and they never lose a series. You aren't dealing with anything. You are trying to push an agenda with facts that don't have anything to do with the GOAT discussion. Does Brady have the most rings? Yes. That is all this proves. It has nothing to do with who the GOAT is. I can't believe you still can't get that through your head. It is mind boggling, but maybe it is because you have your Pats shades on. Hypotheticals are the only way to even discuss a point like this.

Otherwise you are going to have one guy saying Brady is the GOAT because he is the SB leader. Another guy saying Brees is the GOAT because he is the pass yards, completion, and passing TD leader. Another guy saying Montana won 4 SBs quicker and would have won more if he wasn't injured and then sat out 2 seasons.

Maybe you have a different def. of GOAT than I and most people do. The GOAT is not the guy with the most wins. It is the best QB of all time. All things equal who comes out on top. In that discussion SBs mean jack schit because it is a team sport.

So of course you will refuse to answer any question that shows how stupid your, "but 5 rings" response really is. What will be your next dumb argument? Charles Haley is better than Jim Brown, Walter Payton, and Bo Jackson combined because he has more rings than all 3 of them put together?
yea because all I said was “5 rings” lol. Dude has GOAT numbers AND GOAT amount of rings AND super bowl appearances AND GOAT amount of game winning drives. GOAT is the guy who comes out on top when you take numbers, rings and performance in big games into consideration, I never said “5 rings enough said”. No one has a better combination of numbers, rings and big performances in big games so = GOAT.

LMAO looking forward to it my brother!
Ok... so if there was a published qualifications check list for being Goat where do you think that SBs won would be. It seems to me that it's a stat that weighs heavily along with TD's, total yards passing etc. Our beloved J. Kelly shows up somewhere in the goat list for simply being in four consecutive SBs... an accomplishment that may never ever be equaled. Even when Marino was still the yardage king he still wasn't seen a "the goat" by most polls because of SBs won. And yes for every goat nominee there's a team around him that can be argued about... and as to how much it was a factor... but how much does that weigh in at the coronation?
I'd love to play Family Feud against you brother cause I know your *** is toast...lol.

Pats went from 18-1 and destroying the league to scratching and crawling their way to 11-5 and missing the playoffs....but you don’t think that was a huge drop off ? Lol

Advertisement
So whoever can throw bombs into triple coverage is the goat lol. Dude has 12 GW drives in the playoffs. That’s what goats do

So whoever can throw bombs into triple coverage is the goat lol. Dude has 12 GW drives in the playoffs. That’s what goats do

I started my conversation by saying he deserves to be in the Mount Rushmore of QBs. But since Marino and Alot of other GREAT QBs didn't have a situation like Brady it means they are lesser? Brady plays in a Era that keeps making it safer and safer for QBs. Brady Pump fakes and the Defensive end pauses. The GREAT QBs I put ahead of Brady didn't have that luxury. I'm not going to sit here and bring up the countless instances that Brady needed luck to go his way because at the end of the day he seems to capitalize. Brady reads and reacts like the GOAT. But the Term GOAT has alot of QBs in the conversation. Appreciate Bradys Greatness and Belichick but dont be a prisoner of the moment. Not many QBs have had A Belichick caliber coach. And like a previous person said Belichick was ready to move on to Jimmy G. If everyone blossomed in the Patriots system its probably the system. What round did Brady get drafted in again???

Pats went from 18-1 and destroying the league to scratching and crawling their way to 11-5 and missing the playoffs....but you don’t think that was a huge drop off ? Lol

Obviously Brady is better than ******* cassel, but they still won 11 games with him starting which 99% = playoffs

Take Luck out of the Colts, they blow
Take Rodgers out of the Packers they blow
Take Peyton from the Colts they blow

Take Brady out and the Patriots last 24 games without him are 19-5

Advertisement
Obviously Brady is better than ******* cassel, but they still won 11 games with him starting which 99% = playoffs

Take Luck out of the Colts, they blow
Take Rodgers out of the Packers they blow
Take Peyton from the Colts they blow

Take Brady out and the Patriots last 24 games without him are 19-5
Packers blow even with Rodgers. You seen them? Going from 18-1 and being one ine of the greatest teams of all time to missing the playoffs is a bigger drop off than say going from 11-5 to 4-12 like those teams you mentioned

I started my conversation by saying he deserves to be in the Mount Rushmore of QBs. But since Marino and Alot of other GREAT QBs didn't have a situation like Brady it means they are lesser? Brady plays in a Era that keeps making it safer and safer for QBs. Brady Pump fakes and the Defensive end pauses. The GREAT QBs I put ahead of Brady didn't have that luxury. I'm not going to sit here and bring up the countless instances that Brady needed luck to go his way because at the end of the day he seems to capitalize. Brady reads and reacts like the GOAT. But the Term GOAT has alot of QBs in the conversation. Appreciate Bradys Greatness and Belichick but dont be a prisoner of the moment. Not many QBs have had A Belichick caliber coach. And like a previous person said Belichick was ready to move on to Jimmy G. If everyone blossomed in the Patriots system its probably the system. What round did Brady get drafted in again???
Those great QB’s you put ahead of him probably had twice the amount of talent on offense. Manning had Wayne and harrison for a decade. Montana had Rice and an elite running game Rodgers and brees get to throw the ball 50 + times a game to inflate their numbers. We saw what Brady did in 2007 when he had a legit #1 receiver that one year (before all the rule changes that make it easier on offenses) you hold it against him that he’s had a great coach and yet you don’t hold it against the other QB’s that had a lot more talent on offense to help their stats

34669B3B-387A-4E28-AFB4-757284E2A681.jpeg

Those great QB’s you put ahead of him probably had twice the amount of talent on offense. Manning had Wayne and harrison for a decade. Montana had Rice and an elite running game Rodgers and brees get to throw the ball 50 + times a game to inflate their numbers. We saw what Brady did in 2007 when he had a legit #1 receiver that one year (before all the rule changes that make it easier on offenses) you hold it against him that he’s had a great coach and yet you don’t hold it against the other QB’s that had a lot more talent on offense to help their stats

I didn't know Tom Brady played with bums.

Advertisement
Back