Go canes

Advertisement
I have several contacts in Vegas who place proxy bets for individuals that do not trust the internet sports betting (and who place significant wagers).

This is complete hearsay, and they always tell me these corrupt stories on a weekly basis, primarily on off the radar college games.

With that caveat, I was told that multiple "last minute" bets were placed by "not regular" bettors on miami -5 at the Tropicana, Flamingo, Mirage, and Treasure Island.

I am not insinuating anything. Last night's offense of playcalling by Duke was a complete head scratcher. Given the weather, road game, and marginal spread, I don't think it is completely unfathomable that there was some impropriety last night--particularly because losing to Miami under those circumstances is not a fireable offense, not raise any red flags.

I think someone from Duke made a lot of money last night. No other way to explain Duke's suspicious game plan and playcalling.

oh look zero proof

Not to mention the ****** fumbles from the Duke center.............

images

More than likely some smart guys analyzed the outcome correctly. They could have gotten it wrong with how we sputtered on offense.

Advertisement
I have several contacts in Vegas who place proxy bets for individuals that do not trust the internet sports betting (and who place significant wagers).

This is complete hearsay, and they always tell me these corrupt stories on a weekly basis, primarily on off the radar college games.

With that caveat, I was told that multiple "last minute" bets were placed by "not regular" bettors on miami -5 at the Tropicana, Flamingo, Mirage, and Treasure Island.

I am not insinuating anything. Last night's offense of playcalling by Duke was a complete head scratcher. Given the weather, road game, and marginal spread, I don't think it is completely unfathomable that there was some impropriety last night--particularly because losing to Miami under those circumstances is not a fireable offense, not raise any red flags.

I think someone from Duke made a lot of money last night. No other way to explain Duke's suspicious game plan and playcalling.

Lulz at implying Cutcliffe on the take.

Advertisement
Everyone of us is dumber for having been "rigged" into reading this.

Didn't say it was Cutcliffe. Could have been a coordinator or a player. I am just relaying what I was told. Take it for what it's worth. It could be nothing. It was just a very suspiciously called game by duke. Miami is Swiss cheese and Duke put 52 on them last year

Advertisement
Didn't say it was Cutcliffe. Could have been a coordinator or a player. I am just relaying what I was told. Take it for what it's worth. It could be nothing. It was just a very suspiciously called game by duke. Miami is Swiss cheese and Duke put 52 on them last year

We played a different scheme then they expected. Jumped up 9-0 real quick. Maybe we just messed up their game plan. Miami has beaten Duke 8 times in a row before last year and was only a 5 point favorite at home. This was just a bad spread based on Duke beating up the sisters of the poor, last year's 10 win team, Miami giving up 350 yards rushing to NU, and last year's game.

Last year if we have Duke Johnson we probably beat Duke. Duke has a serious athlete disadvantage to us. They have no business having a close line on the road to us. Its really just things going back to normal which is a good thing to bet on. AND DESPITE ALL THIS DUKE ONE PLAY AWAY FOR COVERING SO PLEASE GO BACK TO YOUR NORMAL SCREENNAME AND NEVER POST IN HERE AGAIN *******!!!!!!!

Ok, I'll bite. First let me say that anyone out there who doesn't think College football is infiltrated at times by gambling interests is completely naive. HOWEVER, if last night's game was rigged in Miami's favor, someone forgot to tell the refs. Case in point, the unexplainable reversal and non-reversal of two identical catches; one that kept a Duke drive alive and the other that took away a Cane TD. Then there was that absurd unsportsmanlike penalty on Perryman.

Advertisement
Back