Gino Resigning

Advertisement
Good start.

Frank Martin should also be considered. He's a Miami guy that also knows Miami basketball for those cross-discipline kids. Miami culture is important
Jon Jay. Vast coaching experience in the majors. Miami kid. Played here. Won a title. Dad is well connected in the community and Starke.
Casey Stengal. He's a little old, but i don't think there's anyone on earth (dead or alive) that knows more baseball than him.
Al Kaline. He vacationed here as a yute and therefore is familiar with Miami and its culture. Plus, he's in the HOF, which says alot.

Stengel's not interested. I know his family.

Two years? I thought they won the Atlantic and hosted a super in 2022?
You are correct. I thought they had missed the tournament in 2022 as well.

To me, that makes him an even stronger candidate. It’s 1 off year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Big day guys.

Have to give credit to Gino for stepping down classy just like Mark Richt. I applaud him for that because that takes serious guts.

We have the resources now. I want to see the biggest and baddest national search this institution has ever done… and wherever we land I’m ready

Big day guys.

Have to give credit to Gino for stepping down classy just like Mark Richt. I applaud him for that because that takes serious guts.

We have the resources now. I want to see the biggest and baddest national search this institution has ever done… and wherever we land I’m ready
I'm throwing my name in the hat but only if you will be my hitting coach.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I did not intend to imply that. I'm sure Rad didn't just decide to fire Gino. He had to be thinking about it early in the season. He was thinking, "If we don't get to a super regional, Gino has to go. I don't want him anyway. Let me start working on his replacement."

I don't like it when coaches are fired in any sport and the AD has no clue of who the list of replacements could be. That leg work for the candidate list should have already been done. It's a matter of working your list from the top candidate down.

Any decent AD keeps a list of potential replaced for every sport. Some also take their internal list and will involve national searches to make the public happy as well. I’d be shocked if Rad didn’t have a couple guys in mind

Advertisement
Back