Gino Resigning

Uhh, NO. Look at the original statement. OP aid Gino did absolutely nothing which is incorrect. I made a factual statement. His teams didn't get to Omaha and losing in the regionals 2 years in a row is what really got him pushed out.

I'm not defending his coaches because I think the hitting approach or lack there of required replacement. I'm just not going the bash the man like he did absolutely nothing. He obviously loves UM, but needed some better coaching in certain areas.
Dude, certain areas????? Basic fundamental things my high school kid knew. Disciplined smart baserunning, disciplined smart batting approach, always advance the runner approach. Smart pitching approach, how to spin the ball etc. I have coached baseball and had two sons play. Gino's teams were terribly coached in the fundamentals and allowed to be undisciplined. Good riddance. We could have been so so good with this talent, period.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Gino took over a Jim Morris squad that had barely gone over .500 the prior 2 seasons, and went 41-20 in his first year. I never thought Gino would get us deep into the CWS, because he sucked as a game manager and had JD as the pitching coach.

Here we are.
Too bad it turned out that Gino was the only person in a position of power genuinely bothered by the lack of postseason success.

Advertisement
JD makes Gino look like Joe Torre. A least Gino kept us relevant.
You would have thought JD would have love to start out with a bang. What makes this season look even worst is the success FSU is enjoying. At least if you don't have enough talent, or your talent is young, have your team be fundamentally sound, and not looking like the bad news bear defensively.

Advertisement
Back