Gino Gets Extension

suck my dick wwe GIF

Advertisement
I’m more concerned about Arteaga still around. He stinks as pitching coach.
I disagree. He's been one of the best college pitching coaches for a long time, and I am not sure his hands weren't tied w how guys like Jake Smith were handled (but don't have anything other than a suspicion on that). Palm made the transition to starter very well, McMahon and Slade were drafted high, etc.

I am far more worried about our ability to get the big hit when we need it, run the bases and play consistent defense - those are the areas that don't seem to get fixed.

Advertisement
Hiring the kid of a big booster is never good. Hopefully, after 2 yrs starting this season, if this team continue to under achieve, he’s out of here.

Hiring the kid of a big booster is never good. Hopefully, after 2 yrs starting this season, if this team continue to under achieve, he’s out of here.
why extend him int he first place? it isnt like DiMare is one of the bigger voices anymore. just a bad move by the new AD

Advertisement
why extend him int he first place? it isnt like DiMare is one of the bigger voices anymore. just a bad move by the new AD

Yeah, I agree; but, the silver lining it’s only 3 yrs, so I assume if things go to bat ****, his firing would be palatable towards some old guard BOT members

new AD same bull**** it seems. least Mario controls football
Rad is here to build things and spend money on football. That’s it. Not surprised at all by this. He did the same with Brownell at Clemson. Just kept him around for essentially no reason. Hired Lee for baseball, which was a good hire at the time, but wasn’t a break the bank splash hire.

Gino and Coach L will probably be outta here the same year. By then football should be self sufficient, so maybe he can put some effort into bringing in the right guys for those two programs. Don’t count on them being anything major though.

Advertisement
Rad is here to build things and spend money on football. That’s it. Not surprised at all by this. He did the same with Brownell at Clemson. Just kept him around for essentially no reason. Hired Lee for baseball, which was a good hire at the time, but wasn’t a break the bank splash hire.

Gino and Coach L will probably be outta here the same year. By then football should be self sufficient, so maybe he can put some effort into bringing in the right guys for those two programs. Don’t count on them being anything major though.
iur baseball legacy is as good as football

Advertisement
I like rad so far but that would be a huge disappointment imo. we can't let the baseball program fall.
It’s slipping closer and closer to irrelevance like we have seen in football for so long. Only difference is we recruit top 5 nationally in baseball… but many on this board including myself think we don’t recruit the proper guys but that’s a topic for a different day

I agree, but it’s been this way for years now. The baseball program has already fallen. It’s no longer in the top tier.
Sad, but true, and I think Gino is one of the best recruiters in D1BB (yet to prove his coaching prowess). The HS baseball talent is almost on par w the football HS talent in S Fl.

If the U committed to baseball the way we have to football, we could win more titles there and be competitive in FB and Basketball at the same time. I know, I know ... nobody gives a hoot about anything other than football, but it's a smarter plan. Since NIL and its ramifications, parity may soon return to football in the near future.

Sad, but true, and I think Gino is one of the best recruiters in D1BB (yet to prove his coaching prowess). The HS baseball talent is almost on par w the football HS talent in S Fl.

If the U committed to baseball the way we have to football, we could win more titles there and be competitive in FB and Basketball at the same time. I know, I know ... nobody gives a hoot about anything other than football, but it's a smarter plan. Since NIL and its ramifications, parity may soon return to football in the near future.
We’ve been discussing it for how long on here? The pride of the university getting shafted, when it would be an easy and relatively cheap fix. What a shame man.

Advertisement
Back