Gilbert Frierson Senior HL

Advertisement
Playing CB this year out of need, but the fact that he can play it at a high level tells you that he will be special once he settles in at FS in a year or two.

Need to land some stud CBs so he can move to FS, where he belongs (IMO).

DBs for 2019 Season as of now:

CB: Ivey/Bandy/Blades/Bethel/Frierson

FS: Frierson/Hall

SS: Carter/Hall/K. Smith

Striker: D. Smith/Carter/K.Smith

So, before I say what I am about to say I need everyone to know that I am not saying I expect him to be a Top 5 pick, NFL All Pro...

But that tape reminded me of Patrick Johnson/Peterson

Advertisement
So, before I say what I am about to say I need everyone to know that I am not saying I expect him to be a Top 5 pick, NFL All Pro...

Nah tyson was the closest thing to PP......he just didnt have the nfl body yet. Gilbert is filled out almost but way less explosive than PP. PP is a rare breed.....this kid will be good though n should make the nfl

Man, Gil is so Miami. He just plays like one the 01 boys. This 18 class is gonna be so special. If we hit on Jarren, put the college football world on notice.

Nah tyson was the closest thing to PP......he just didnt have the nfl body yet. Gilbert is filled out almost but way less explosive than PP. PP is a rare breed.....this kid will be good though n should make the nfl
Not sure he has the same athletic traits as Peterson but Gilbert by far was one of the most explosive returners in Florida other than probably pope. He had something crazy like 10 special team punt and kick returns within the last 2 season

Last edited:
Not sure he has the same athletic traits as Peterson but Gilbert by far was one of the most explosive returners in Florida other than probably pope. He had something crazy like 10 special team punt returns within the last 2 season
I wouldnt put him on kick return, Pope different story thats a kid I would put on KR. I wouldnt put Hall or Gil but there explosive but they just arent returners IMO.

Advertisement
I wouldnt put him on kick return, Pope different story thats a kid I would put on KR. I wouldnt put Hall or Gil but there explosive but they just arent returners IMO.
Frierson was arguably the most dynamic one in Dade county the last few years at it in returning kicks

Man, I'd try everybody at KR. Our sht is weak af, so if Nesta wants a shot I'm all for it.

no.
PP was as polished and elite athleticism as you will ever find. The definition of 5 star prospect. This kid is good but he is not plug n play ready. He needs time, high 4 star tho. Happy to have him, great talent.

PP polish and high end talent was out of this world.

Advertisement
I always thought he was up there with TC and Ps2....he can be a nfl corner or safety.... has the tools to plat both positions at a high level....I think he stays at corner for future experience purposes...depth is a big issue right now....after MJ leaves..... Frierson looks like the next bigtime athlete to fill his shoes...i see him as a lockdown corner....

I get that people would love this kid at FS but that arm length is why he's starting at CB. Ivey and Frierson give us two tall and lanky CB's in this class.

Advertisement
I get that people would love this kid at FS but that arm length is why he's starting at CB. Ivey and Frierson give us two tall and lanky CB's in this class.
Exactly you are potentially looking at another Carlton Davis who played at Auburn with that size and physical play at corner. Gilbert is more explosive though

I see Aqib Talib.

aq.png

Aqib Talib-Player Profile Advanced Football Stats, Metrics & Analytics

Exactly you are potentially looking at another Carlton Davis who played at Auburn with that size and physical play at corner. Gilbert is more explosive though

What Davis COULD have been. After a promising freshman year, Davis underperformed.

Advertisement
Back