Gilbert Frierson Season Highlights

RangerGranger

Gnome Sayin'?
Epitomizes position-less football; this especially can help Kevin Steele disguise what he's doing. Can effectively play any position on defense besides D-Line and Mike.

Where should Gil play? From a birds eye view, it looks like he should be our Strong Slot on 1st down & should then move inside on obvious passing downs.

Not only does he check the physicals box, but the guy has great football instincts. It blows my mind that his PT dropped off from 2020 to 2021.

Advertisement
Epitomizes position-less football; this especially can help Kevin Steele disguise what he's doing. Can effectively play any position on defense besides D-Line and Mike.

Where should Gil play? From a birds eye view, it looks like he should be our Strong Slot on 1st down & should then move inside on obvious passing downs.

Not only does he check the physicals box, but the guy has great football instincts. It blows my mind that his PT dropped off from 2020 to 2021.

I don’t think he plays which is disappointing because he was one of my favorite players.

Who are you taking off the field to play him especially if we get those portal linebackers ??

I really have no idea. You just don't get many players with Gil's ability. I mean, he can hit and play man coverage pretty well. He's has the ability of JOK (Cleveland Browns). I just wished we'll used his skillset to the best of it's ability.

Advertisement
Frierson will be used in the same role that Jamein Sherwood was used in Auburn’s defense.

Hybrid Safety/Nickel Backer, go watch Steele’s Defenses from 2017-2019, he played Nickel quite a bit.

I can all but guarantee you we won’t play in base with 3 LB’s on every snap, Steele is a defensive wizard, he throws all kinds of exotic looks out there with sub-packages & personnel groupings.

Even watching his Defense at LSU, you’ll see varied formations & sub-sets.

Frierson will play plenty.

Frierson will be used in the same role that Jamein Sherwood was used in Auburn’s defense.

Hybrid Safety/Nickel Backer, go watch Steele’s Defenses from 2017-2019, he played Nickel quite a bit.

I can all but guarantee you we won’t play in base with 3 LB’s on every snap, Steele is a defensive wizard, he throws all kinds of exotic looks out there with sub-packages & personnel groupings.

That comp to Sherwood is striking! They have the same build even. You know Kevin Steele has already considered that. Pretty cool..

Advertisement

He was criminally underused, Mandy’s obsession with Carter was head scratching.

Guys, seriously go watch on old highlight tape. There were about ten plays total on that, and only 3-4 are what should be considered a “highlight”.
Homeboy is more like DVD than Ed Reed. Let’s not forget ole DVD and his dancing for 30 yards after an overthrow in which he was completely roasted on. That’s all I saw, a lot of dancing and flexing.
That Cine kid from UGA had more highlights than that in the NC game alone. We need to reset the bar fellas.

I think Gil can help us, but I’m not going to sit here and scratch my head as to why he didn’t play a ton. There were all kinds of reports of him in terrible shape. Welp that’ll do it.

Hopefully for the team and himself he shows up ready to ball out. Cause there’s a savage looking to take his spot! And that dude probably more naturally physically gifted.

Advertisement
Guys, seriously go watch on old highlight tape. There were about ten plays total on that, and only 3-4 are what should be considered a “highlight”.
Homeboy is more like DVD than Ed Reed. Let’s not forget ole DVD and his dancing for 30 yards after an overthrow in which he was completely roasted on. That’s all I saw, a lot of dancing and flexing.
That Cine kid from UGA had more highlights than that in the NC game alone. We need to reset the bar fellas.

I think Gil can help us, but I’m not going to sit here and scratch my head as to why he didn’t play a ton. There were all kinds of reports of him in terrible shape. Welp that’ll do it.

Hopefully for the team and himself he shows up ready to ball out. Cause there’s a savage looking to take his spot! And that dude probably more naturally physically gifted.

Funny Face Reaction GIF

His highlight tape from his junior season was far more impressive, Gil can play. Excited to see what he does this year, don’t write him off. Watch the clemson game in 2020, was by far the best player on defense

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’ve had My arguments on here several times with dudes about development vs talent.
My argument has been that a bad mfer is a bad mfer regardless who’s coaching. And that development is dependent on what you start with.
But Miami has recruited at a high enough level to not lose as many games as we have in a conference that we have dominated in terms of recruitment.

If the development and coaching guys are correct ( which I believe they are ) then we should see dudes that have been stifled by poor planning coaching and preparation break out this season.

It’s his contract year. He’ll be motivated…

I’ve had My arguments on here several times with dudes about development vs talent.
My argument has been that a bad mfer is a bad mfer regardless who’s coaching. And that development is dependent on what you start with.
But Miami has recruited at a high enough level to not lose as many games as we have in a conference that we have dominated in terms of recruitment.

If the development and coaching guys are correct ( which I believe they are ) then we should see dudes that have been stifled by poor planning coaching and preparation break out this season.
Just with decent tackling, we’d have won two more games. Fix that and we good,..

Advertisement
Back