Gil being a leader

Handsome Squidbum

The Strongest Steel is Forged in Dumpster Fires
Premium

Great to see. Sounds corny, but they willed themselves to stop NC St when the game was on the line. Would it have been better if they'd played hard all game so the last second heroics wouldn't have been necessary? Of course. But the takeaway is that the defense HAS the ability to stop most teams, they just need to give as much effort on a drive in the middle of the second quarter as they do when it's 5 min left in the 4th quarter. I hope this newfound motivation carries into VT.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Gil is the most improved player on the entire roster, don't @ me.
Zion is up there fighting him for that spot

but yes I agree most had written him off and I pretty much had too thinking a younger body would take his spot

Credit to him for pushing though it and reaching another level of production that the defense needed

Advertisement
Gil is the most improved player on the entire roster, don't @ me.

I'm sorry, but homie was the same guy last season.

People got fixated on him getting burned overtop when he was supposed to have help overtop.

Kid is making NFL plays all over the field. He can play any secondary position, and he would probably stand to be a great nickel-backer.

Advertisement
Love me some Gil. We have the personnel to be great on D, idc what anyone says Lets put them in the right position to make plays.

guys were in position last week for the most part. We dropped 3 picks and Gurvan gave up a score right in his face.
Against UVA first TD was on Bolden’s Head. 2nd TD Blades was in La La land.

guys have to make plays at the end of the day

Advertisement
I remember freshman year he was CB and got burnt. We all wrote him off

I remember sophomore year he was...actually i dont remember him doing ****. Again we all wrote him off

Thought he was a JAG and i had moved on. Nah Gil aint going out like that. Dude has balled the f*** out hard this year. May not be the most talented player on D (Nesta, Bubba, Phillips...) but honestly think Gil has been the most CONSISTENT defensive player across all 7 games

EATING CROW HARD AND LOVIN IT. GET IT GIL

I never wrote him off. I thought he would be a good one when all was said and done. Just needed to find his role. And I never did get his frustration over Smith seeing more snaps. Competition breeds excellence. He proved he deserves to be on the field. ... Manny needs to get him a better DC and strikers coach so he can thrive.

Advertisement
Back