Ghosts Of Orange Bowl - FB Page

Advertisement
Advertisement
One of the few bright spots on the cesspool that is Facebook. OP is spot on when he describes how impressive the guy running that page is with his posts.
Facebook gets a lot of hate, but I've always found Twitter to be the most toxic warzone on the internet. I guess maybe it depends on your demo.

I've wondered if the guy running the page is coming up with all the commentary himself for each post or pulling old newspaper articles etc. He legit knows the date of everyone's b'day who's ever stepped foot into the OB

Advertisement
Facebook gets a lot of hate, but I've always found Twitter to be the most toxic warzone on the internet. I guess maybe it depends on your demo.

I've wondered if the guy running the page is coming up with all the commentary himself for each post or pulling old newspaper articles etc. He legit knows the date of everyone's b'day who's ever stepped foot into the OB
His commentary 100%

Advertisement
Had no idea Kannell was from miami.
Sure is....His Welcome Home Party was Scintillating....
69598189_2715106075190217_2592692175422619648_n.jpg

A friend who was teammates with Twan Russell on the Dolphins told me he was one of the truly good dudes on the team.
You sir are correct. Twan came to UM and had some great role models in three of the finest LBs in our history. Kid was a sponge always listening and learning and endured some tough times with his dad’s issues and the loss of close friend Marlin Barnes. He was a winnner on and off the field and has had great success with his REF foundation assisting South Florida students in many ways and it is shocking how many ex UM athletes are involved in multiple charities throughout the area and the support they receive from their football brothers is amazing. Twan is another UM success story who keeps giving back and is a true Hurricane.

Demo definitely plays into it but I think it's kinda how you choose to utilize each. Twitter can for surrrrrre be an absolute cesspool but you can also basically just use it as news/sports news aggregation tool if you choose not to engage people on it.

My issue with Facebook is you can sometimes not help but wanna kill some of your friends and family or just old high school acquaintances based on some of the **** and lunacy they spread on there.

I've wondered the same about the guy running that page. If he's not utilizing newspapers then he almost comes off as an old sports writer. It's absolutely a quality and fun read though.

Advertisement
That's a great page
A pic of me standing in front of the National Championships sign was featured on the page.

SIAP

I'm always surprised at the quality and in depth content this guy puts out. Good fanpage to follow if you don't already.

An example of content he recently put out -

I did myself a solid and deleted my Fakebook account about 3 years ago. That Ghost of the Orange Bowl page was one of the few things I liked about Facebook.

Go Canes!!!!!!

Advertisement
Back