Getting to the ACC Championship

Bernie20

Recruit
Premium
I know this is wishful thinking in light of our play recently but I want to have hope and also enjoy my Saturdays watching college football.

Can someone please clue me in as to who we are supposed to cheer for this coming weekend in order to ease our path to the Championship game and what team is currently the biggest threat to keep us ouf of it.

Thanks in advance and go Canes!

Advertisement
Its doable even with a lose to FSU. UNC is ineligible. VT, UVA and Duke are all winnable games. And VT next 3 games are @ Clemson @ Miami and home against FSU. They could very well lose all 3 of those. If we somehow miraculously beat FSU then things will be looking even better.

All we have to do is take care of our business and we'll be in.

As someone else said, UNC is ineligible.

Advertisement
This is my favorite time of the year. Each week the scenario gets crazier and crazier yet fans still hold out hope. Right now it's very doable from a schedule and standings standpoint, but I'm guessing things unfold like they usually do and in a few weeks all we'll need is a "VT team plane crash, and sudden outbreak of swine flu in the GT locker room."

First, it is possible and this FSU game is irrelevant, we can lose and still control our destiny.

Second regardless of technicalities, this team has a lot to play for and each game remaining will be a war.

I expect 2 wins (Duke, USF) and a coin-flip for 3 (UVA even though they suck).

VT will without a doubt play their best game of the season on November 1st. I am not saying we lose but that off week to prepare will be the most important thing for this young team (Get healthy Morris, Duke and Porter) and get focused for what's left.

Third, for a young team, an ACC Coastal Crown (yes stupid) and an opportunity for a BCS Game will be tremendous for their development.

Week by Week, game by game. Give it your all. As a fan expect it to be a rough and difficult remainder of the season. Please reserve your expectations if you can't handle it.

I don't see how anyone can down play the significance of getting to the title game with this team.. would be a huge boost for them, if it happens.

I don't see how anyone can down play the significance of getting to the title game with this team.. would be a huge boost for them, if it happens.

Correct.

In general, Miami fans are stupid, entitled and unfaithful.

I have heard plenty say they won't show up for FSU because of embarrassment.

Advertisement
I struggle with the prospect of getting there. Great boost to the confidence, and for recruiting? OMG you can't paint a better picture.

That said, part of me worries about the future and the NCAA coming down with sanctions. Are we almost better going 8-4 or 7-5 and taking a second bowl ban to get it out of the way?

Win these games and we are in: VT, UVA, Duke

Cheer for those teams to lose all their games as well.

This is probably the easiest year for us to make it to the ACCCG.

VT sucks and will probably lose to Clemson.

The next two teams are Duke (lol) and UNC :)ohlord:).

I know it has been repeated ad nauseam, but we really do control our own destiny.

SEIZE THE OPPORTUNITY!!!

Advertisement
Hope that VT loses to both Clemson and FSU. Then, we need to beat Uva and Duke. The biggest game of the year will us versus VT at home. must win.

Advertisement
I keep seeing the bowl ban talk about the acccg. We can play in the acccg and still take the ban on a post season bowl.

If we win the acccg we're not taking a bowl ban. Anything less than a BCS bowl and we had better take the ban. This is all assuming we win another game this year.

I keep seeing the bowl ban talk about the acccg. We can play in the acccg and still take the ban on a post season bowl.

I am not sure about this, I think it is called a "post-season ban" even though teams refer to it as a "bowl ban." With that being said, I wouldn't worry about it unless it is on the table...i.e. we can represent the coastal.

Advertisement
Back