Getting to Borregales

JTKoval

Cane for Life
Bubba probably won’t make it back mentally. Davis has had his 5 minutes. Price seems very close in only. Driving the field to hit a post or worse is deflating.

Assuming a repeat of last year isn’t acceptable, anybody know or willing to predict a kicker scenario that improves things? Grad transfer names out there?

Thanks.

Advertisement
Would expect a grad transfer option to be the route they go with. Price is a solid option for a backup, but he can't be the guy you depend on.

Got to get someone with experience and a track record.

Forget Flowe or Greene, not fixing the kicking problem will be catastrophic.

Advertisement
Bubba probably won’t make it back mentally. Davis has had his 5 minutes. Price seems very close in only. Driving the field to hit a post or worse is deflating.

Assuming a repeat of last year isn’t acceptable, anybody know or willing to predict a kicker scenario that improves things? Grad transfer names out there?

Thanks.

Brandon Ruiz from Arizona St was out there but we missed the boat - he's headed to Miss State. Pickings are slim now. There's a few kids in the portal that were 3 star kickers but don't have stats in their careers.

Camden Price missed 1 kick last year.

He's no Justin Tucker, but he looked serviceable to me. I don't want to be kicking 50 yard FGs anyway unless it's absolutely necessary. So, while Price probably isn't winning the Groza award next year, he was MILES better than Baxa and the prepubescent kid we had after him.

Advertisement
Camden Price missed 1 kick last year.

He's no Justin Tucker, but he looked serviceable to me. I don't want to be kicking 50 yard FGs anyway unless it's absolutely necessary. So, while Price probably isn't winning the Groza award next year, he was MILES better than Baxa and the prepubescent kid we had after him.

Who's talking about 50 yard kicks? He was 6/7 on FGs with a season long of 32 yards. Longest kick he even attempted was a 37 yarder versus f$u that he missed wide right. He is definitely 10x better than Baxa, but that's a low bar.

Of course nobody wants to be kicking long field goals, but sometimes that is what you need to get a win. I have serious questions about the strength of his leg. And if Baxa bolts, we'll need someone with a strong leg for kickoffs, otherwise I expect our previously suspect kick coverage woes will be resurrected.

A GT kicker on a one-year rental makes my list of needs this off-season.

Isn’t there some talk that Borregales brother is a possible grad transfer? He has 1 more year to play
This makes too much sense. Kid graduated last week, so can move on as grad transfer and keep the seat warm for his younger brother. If he was here this year, Miami is at least 9-3 and the program isn't a dumpster fire.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I've been to kicking camps down here, there are plenty of good kickers in South Florida.

I don't think anyone in Coral Gables knew who Andy's brother Jose was...and its a shame, because most people knew who Jose was before he went to FIU and he has become a pretty incredible kicker. There are plenty and they could be freshmen next year...or you can go find a transfer...it doesn't matter, give me a few hundred thousand and I'll personally go find a few kickers that will kick for us next year. It isn't that hard.

Advertisement
Back