Get ready

How is dis guy gonna recruit SoFl? Can he relate to kids? he is Just like "Uncle Jethro". He looks like a preacher, or a HS principal.

Advertisement
http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/1/16/3885030/buccaneers-fire-defensive-line-coach-randy-melvin

Buccaneers fire defensive line coach Randy*Melvin

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers weren't satisfied with the production of their defensive line this season

The Bucs had the third fewest sack in the league with just 27, and the defensive line coaching appeared to play a major role in that lack of production. The Bucs have plenty of talent with Gerald McCoy, Michael Bennett, Da'Quan Bowers and Adrian Clayborn, although part of that talent was injured this season, but lack of execution frequently hurt the Bucs. They failed to execute basic defensive line stunts properly and many blitzes appeared to be poorly coordinated, failing to produce free rushers despite numerical advantages. The Bucs will hope that a new defensive line coach will be able to solve this problem, although the four previous coaches weren't able to solve it, either.

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Why is he a Temple guy? Why isn't he an NFL or CFL or B1G, or any of the other places he's coached in 30+ years? The guy coached at Temple for ONE year.

Maybe bc that ONE year he coached at Temple it was with your buddy OWL golden. Honestly I think if OWL had it his way he'd have all of his temple buddies down here...

Advertisement
It's natural for HC's to bring aboard guys that they've had previous success with. I don't know why anyone is surprised.

PS: I use the word "success" loosely.

Advertisement
This guy got ****canned by Tampa because of how bad his dline performed.

Will fit right in

he got canned along with Schiano which usually happens when your boss gets canned, his assts. go along for the ride. Schiano seemed to like him as he worked the dline at Rutgers for a couple of years and went with Schiano to the Bucs. Before that worked under Belichek at NE and under Crennel at Cleveland.

Advertisement
http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/1/16/3885030/buccaneers-fire-defensive-line-coach-randy-melvin

Buccaneers fire defensive line coach Randy*Melvin

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers weren't satisfied with the production of their defensive line this season

The Bucs had the third fewest sack in the league with just 27, and the defensive line coaching appeared to play a major role in that lack of production. The Bucs have plenty of talent with Gerald McCoy, Michael Bennett, Da'Quan Bowers and Adrian Clayborn, although part of that talent was injured this season, but lack of execution frequently hurt the Bucs. They failed to execute basic defensive line stunts properly and many blitzes appeared to be poorly coordinated, failing to produce free rushers despite numerical advantages. The Bucs will hope that a new defensive line coach will be able to solve this problem, although the four previous coaches weren't able to solve it, either.

Well then, he'll fit right in with this staff.

I think you guys are reaching a little bit.

Of course I would rather have Patrick but that doesn't mean he's better at the job. He gets a lot of credit for Pierre Paul and guys like that but that sounds a bit like Golden/Wilkerson. Patrick hasn't really moved up so why is that? This guy at least got to the highest level.....I mean I guess anyway.

Its just not something to freak out about IMO.

This guy got ****canned by Tampa because of how bad his dline performed.

Will fit right in

he got canned along with Schiano which usually happens when your boss gets canned, his assts. go along for the ride. Schiano seemed to like him as he worked the dline at Rutgers for a couple of years and went with Schiano to the Bucs. Before that worked under Belichek at NE and under Crennel at Cleveland.

And your excuse for him getting fired from a Super Bowl winning team?

I really think NCAA has sent Golden here as a spy to destroy our program from the inside out....

Advertisement
Back