Gerald Willis vs Ed Oliver

Advertisement
If your going to watch Oliver then watch his frosh tape when he had some coaching to help. I love me some Willis but as a prospect i have to go with Oliver.

Ed Oliver is a freak show. At a verified 289 pounds he ran a laser 4.87 40-yard dash. Willis beat him in the short shuttle (4.32 to 4.52), albeit at a lesser weight (275 for Willis), and the short shuttle is the #1 indicator for future success within defensive linemen. Willis also jumped a ticker higher at 31" to 29.9". The vertical jump helps to show initial explosion.

Oliver tested in the 95th percentile of all DT's because of his incredible 40 time at his weight and because he was strong with a Powerball toss of 41'. Willis tested in the 89th percentile on the backs of his short shuttle and vertical jump.

Add Oliver's youth and Willis's off-field concerns and he's the better NFL draft prospect. Key indicators show that Willis has a great chance of being successful in the NFL as well.
They are both monsters im more worried who the **** will reolace willis next year. We have no one on the roster right now like him. We got some players though but when Miami is at its best they have a beastly first round type dt.

Oliver is elite against the run but not a polished pass rusher by any means. He has 0 sacks on the year and has never graded out that well on PFF as a rusher iirc. Willis is probably the better player in college right now but Oliver's age, work ethic and athleticism are his big selling point to the NFL. I don't see him going #1 overall but top 5 is likely.

Oliver is a small dude, he looks like a LB. I don't think the gap is as big as some wanna make it seem. Willis is almost unblockable, he is so quick across the line its ridiculous. Oliver but not by alot imo.

Advertisement
I watched Oliver last night. He’s so good he even drew a triple team at least once.
But based on what I’ve seen of Willis this year, I don’t see much, if any, difference between the two.
It is true that Wills is playing with a better defensive line, which makes it harder for OLs to focus on him. And Oliver has a bigger body of work over 2 1/2 years.
Still, as they stand now, they seem pretty even or close to it...
Ed Oliver is doing his own jadeveon clowney impersonation..making sure he’s a top pick..I don’t blame him. Him, Myles garret, and JC are types of guys who should be able to and could do 1 year as college and bolt

Advertisement
Gerald Willis >>>>>>>>>

Ed Oliver going up against American Athletic conference talent

They are both monsters im more worried who the **** will reolace willis next year. We have no one on the roster right now like him. We got some players though but when Miami is at its best they have a beastly first round type dt.

We can reload with Nesta Silvera...He will be scary...

Oliver is better. G is 2nd to him. Not bad being the 2nd D takle taken in the draft. []_[]!

Willis is Fletcher Cox in the making.. He is a beast only getting better.. My vote is on Big G!

Advertisement
We can reload with Nesta Silvera...He will be scary...
Nesta is beastly but we need more 5 stars like Willis, them 1st rounder type of cats. Nesta and the DE's will be ok but we need a base defense yearly that fields at least one monster DT no one can block.......u control much more as a defense if u have an unblockable force at DT

Hoping the 2020 cycle we get a monster right when Nest will be a JR he can school the youngsters

Oliver is elite against the run but not a polished pass rusher by any means. He has 0 sacks on the year and has never graded out that well on PFF as a rusher iirc. Willis is probably the better player in college right now but Oliver's age, work ethic and athleticism are his big selling point to the NFL. I don't see him going #1 overall but top 5 is likely.

I'll give you one guess why he has zero sacks this year.

Advertisement
Willis is the most disruptive and violent DT in a looong time. He’s having the best season of any DT in the country and nobody is even close.

Oliver was great as a freshman but you can’t tell if he still is since he plays for Dorito. Feel bad for him.

I know what you mean and agree that Willis is an absolute MONSTER. But.. Willis is a 23 year old redshirt senior playing in Diaz scheme. Oliver is a 20 year old true junior playing in No D's diarrhea. That may not seem like a big difference but its gotta be something..
This right here. I said this in a previous thread. Willis should be a high level player, he is older than many who are already in the league

The only reason this is even up for discussion is because Willis hasn’t played in a couple years. If he would’ve played his first 3 years he would’ve been a top 10 pick. He’s elite in every since of the word. Other factors are gonna keep him from being taken where Oliver will be

Advertisement
Back