Gerald Willis Draft Projection

awill510

Recruit
I was reading an article by Matt Miller from bleacher report and he had this to say about Geral Willis.

“An early favorite to watch at the Senior Bowl: Miami (Florida) defensive tackle Gerald Willis. The former Florida Gator has some off-field issues (he took a leave of absence from Florida and transferred to Miami) but has been amazing this season as a breakout player. A good week in Mobile could put him into the first round.”- Matt Miller

So this leads me to ask how high could you guys seeing Willis go in the draft?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Other than the cat from Houston I don’t put anyone clearly above GW. Depends on the sceme fit too. Either a 3/4 end or a 4-3 3tech. But he’d be better off with a team like the Eagles or Seahawks cause those are attacking Ds

Other than the cat from Houston I don’t put anyone clearly above GW. Depends on the sceme fit too. Either a 3/4 end or a 4-3 3tech. But he’d be better off with a team like the Eagles or Seahawks cause those are attacking Ds

Would love to see him go to Philly

Agree with Miller's assessment. Hope our guy has a phenomenal week/game. There are several other highly rated DTs, but Willis has the goods.

Advertisement
I think its crazy that he went from a guy I had to worry about getting in trouble every day to a guy where I fully trust him. Has anyone ever seen a behavior transformation like that. Almost always they say they are a different person but they really aren't but Willis is a changed man.

I think he will be picked around 25. Right now he is an early second round prediction but with a good performance at the senior bowl he will move up. He will do well in the combine with his measurables. I could see him late first to the chargers or something like that.

Great player, wish we had him for another year. I think he's a 1st-Team DT all the way, imo. I can def see late 1st- mid 2nd rd, especially if he does what I think he will in Mobile

The Clemson kids, Quinnen Williams (if he declares) and Oliver will go before Willis. Right now I would view Willis ahead of guys like Brown from Auburn, Simmons from Mississippi State and Tillery from ND. Who knows with athletic testing and interviews but I could see a scenario where Willis goes 15. More likely the 20-40 range.

Advertisement

Would love him Philly. Philly would welcome him with open arms. Looking for a DT, too, with Jernigan's spinal injury he's trying to come back from.
Willis and Fletch would DOMINATE.

Advertisement
How is he not already projected in the 1st round? He was dominant this year.

Let's see, picking in the first round I can choose someone who has been dominant and dependable throughout their life, or I can pick Gerald Willis.

Tough call

One fired general manager after another made the most recent item on the plate the aspect they prioritized most in the first round pick.

Certainly there are examples the other way. I always have to remind myself of the message board desperation toward outliers. Much more often than not it is wise to take the player who has proven it time and again. Later in the draft the gambles are more sensible and less costly.

Might be better off going late first round would be a great value pick for the rams

GMs and scouts are going to see a force in Willis who is consistently whipping Gs and Cs and devastating the middle part of the line causing havoc and TFLs for himself and those around him...

A rough around the edge Aarong Donald.... Wish he would land with my cowboys playing that 3tech for us but alas we dont pick to the 2nd round

Let's see, picking in the first round I can choose someone who has been dominant and dependable throughout their life, or I can pick Gerald Willis.

Tough call

One fired general manager after another made the most recent item on the plate the aspect they prioritized most in the first round pick.

Certainly there are examples the other way. I always have to remind myself of the message board desperation toward outliers. Much more often than not it is wise to take the player who has proven it time and again. Later in the draft the gambles are more sensible and less costly.
Willis has had his issues but how does a good showing in the senior bowl change his "dependability" issue?

Advertisement
Back