Geo's Predictions

DatePredictionOutcomeVerdict
9/11Yes [about recruitment momentum and commits]. More 2025 and another soon in 2024.

Advertisement
OP is the hero of this recruiting board and I would never want to demean his efforts here

However these prediction tracker threads have proven to be a futile exercise. It was a good thought but I think it accomplished a goal by showing insider predictions mean jack ****
Nah I like them for accountability purposes. With time, they will show who is to be trusted.

Also kind of makes the predictor be a little more responsible (unless they don't care about their reputation lol)

Nah I like them for accountability purposes. With time, they will show who is to be trusted.

Also kind of makes the predictor be a little more responsible (unless they don't care about their reputation lol)
Where’s the accountability though? It’s just more “recruiting is fluid” excuses

I’m all for accountability but that’s not what I’m seeing

Where’s the accountability though? It’s just more “recruiting is fluid” excuses

I’m all for accountability but that’s not what I’m seeing
With the new system, they're paying for the "recruiting is fluid" predictions. They'll get a miss first.

50%. Which overall is not good. Eventually someone will lose respect if they're at 50%.

With the new system, they're paying for the "recruiting is fluid" predictions. They'll get a miss first.

50%. Which overall is not good. Eventually someone will lose respect if they're at 50%.
I’m not gonna argue with you about this because we are both seeing the same thing and having different opinions

I see no differences in this and the last 20 years following recruiting. Same insider lines we’ve always heard.

Anyway, I’m out. That was my feedback I won’t read or comment on these threads anymore

Also editing to avoid further confusion I’m not singling out Geo or knocking him

Advertisement
these aren't pushes. They are bad predictions. He predicted in June that Cole would be a Cane, and he committed to UGA. That's not a push. Lindend, do Geo and Flo have something on you that you don't want to get exposed?
man look, idk what lindend does for a real job but he takes a lot of time to comb through numerous "insiders" twitter spaces, other sites etc. and compiles information in an easy to digest format on a free forum. The tracker thing started out as just for fun. IMO that is what it still is. Some people get paid to make predictions so they have to put their nuts on the line maybe even if they do not feel comfortable doing so. Other people understand the game a little better like a cribby who will hold back info and usually only drops something once he has confirmed it, and then you have someone in the middle like Flo who likes to talk and make "predictions" for fun.

If you truly have an issue with the way the tracker is being scored then create your own list to rival lindends like what on3 did to 247 lol otherwise just read em and move on.

man look, idk what lindend does for a real job but he takes a lot of time to comb through numerous "insiders" twitter spaces, other sites etc. and compiles information in an easy to digest format on a free forum. The tracker thing started out as just for fun. IMO that is what it still is. Some people get paid to make predictions so they have to put their nuts on the line maybe even if they do not feel comfortable doing so. Other people understand the game a little better like a cribby who will hold back info and usually only drops something once he has confirmed it, and then you have someone in the middle like Flo who likes to talk and make "predictions" for fun.

If you truly have an issue with the way the tracker is being scored then create your own list to rival lindends like what on3 did to 247 lol otherwise just read em and move on.
The part about Geo and Flo having something on Lindend is a joke. Obviously, Geo and Flo don't have anything incriminating against the man. Lighten up.

Why is it that everything always has to have an ulterior motive? I put the change out there multiple days beforehand and everyone could've commented on it if they had issues with the change. But no one one did.

Its not like I did this in the dark and no one was aware of it. Nevertheless, lesson learned. For full transparency, in the future, I'll conduct a public poll for criteria changes and adopt the majority's preference.
Lighten up. Obviously, Geo and Flo don't have anything incriminating against you.

The part about Geo and Flo having something on Lindend is a joke. Obviously, Geo and Flo don't have anything incriminating against the man. Lighten up.
I know bro, I didnt seriously think they had something but lindend is doing his **** best to remain as neutral as can be between the board and the insiders. All I was saying is he doesnt need the extra aggravation in calling things out as a hit or a miss. If I see someone say Cole is coming as of June 1 and barring something crazy like he gets arrested then in September same insider says he is going to UGA, we are all smart enough to see what happened. Who cares if they flip it the day before a commitment, thats why we have the tracker with dates so we can see if someone is FOS.

Advertisement
I know bro, I didnt seriously think they had something but lindend is doing his **** best to remain as neutral as can be between the board and the insiders. All I was saying is he doesnt need the extra aggravation in calling things out as a hit or a miss. If I see someone say Cole is coming as of June 1 and barring something crazy like he gets arrested then in September same insider says he is going to UGA, we are all smart enough to see what happened. Who cares if they flip it the day before a commitment, thats why we have the tracker with dates so we can see if someone is FOS.
duly noted, Geo. Thank you.

Lighten up. Obviously, Geo and Flo don't have anything incriminating against you.
ok, couldn't tell if serious.

Serious Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Accuracy change after the second adjustment to the new rule on conflicting predictions being a push. (13/17 compared to 10/14)

Hit Rate: 76% (13/17) [Sample size too small, don't draw conclusions from this percentage]

2023 Predictions

DatePredictionOutcomeVerdict
9/8Expectation for Cole is UGAPicked UGAHit
7/20I see Patterson in Miami's recruiting classPicked MiamiHit
6/29Schmo isn't coming to MiamiPicked PittHit
6/29Would be shocked if Cole isn't a CanePicked UGAMiss
6/27Cole on commit watchPicked UGAPush (already counted as a miss)
6/27Geo see Schmo committingPicked PittMiss

@lindend everyone on here appreciates your work. It's a lot of effort and usually thankless. So you should feel free to measure win rate however the heck you want.

That said, just mathematically, I don't see how the win rate could have gone up if you're now assigning a 0 or a 1 to the old prediction, when you were earlier not counting it at all. The VAST majority of old predictions will be a 0. So there's no way you should be adding 3 to both the numerator and denominator. Shouldn't it be adding 0 to the numerator and 3 to the denominator? I don't have the details of your full table. But it is much more likely a 10/17.

duly noted, Geo. Thank you.
I assume this was a joke too right? idk I guess your jokes just arent funny. Aint nan person has laughed at you calling me Geo or claiming they have some incriminating evidence on lindend. Perhaps that is the root of the issue.

All I am saying is you click these threads for a reason. I bet it is not to see who has the highest hit rate, it is to see who is predicting what and when. Enough people get mad about how the ranking is scored lindend will just stop then we are back discussing random **** like its the offseason. No need to even comment about how its scored, I dont give a rats *** if its geo or gaby or whoever . The board pretty much is universal in how ferman is out of the loop, yet if he were to post something about Messidors injury it would spread across this board like wildfire.

My point was complaining about a free board when he is actually just compiling information from other sources is petty and unproductive. As mentioned you dont like how its scored do your own leg work and score it however you want.

Advertisement
@lindend everyone on here appreciates your work. It's a lot of effort and usually thankless. So you should feel free to measure win rate however the heck you want.
Thanks.

That said, just mathematically, I don't see how the win rate could have gone up if you're now assigning a 0 or a 1 to the old prediction, when you were earlier not counting it at all.

I missed the Patterson hit which probably explains why the push change alone isn't adding up for you.

Was 10/14

Two hits for Schmo and Cole
One hit for Patterson
Two misses for Schmo and Cole
One push for Cole (because we don't count either hits or misses twice)

13/19

Edit: my bad, there was an error in my math!

I assume this was a joke too right? idk I guess your jokes just arent funny. Aint nan person has laughed at you calling me Geo or claiming they have some incriminating evidence on lindend. Perhaps that is the root of the issue.

All I am saying is you click these threads for a reason. I bet it is not to see who has the highest hit rate, it is to see who is predicting what and when. Enough people get mad about how the ranking is scored lindend will just stop then we are back discussing random **** like its the offseason. No need to even comment about how its scored, I dont give a rats *** if its geo or gaby or whoever . The board pretty much is universal in how ferman is out of the loop, yet if he were to post something about Messidors injury it would spread across this board like wildfire.

My point was complaining about a free board when he is actually just compiling information from other sources is petty and unproductive. As mentioned you dont like how its scored do your own leg work and score it however you want.
Screenshot 2023-09-11 at 4.38.54 PM.png

More people have laughed at my posts than you have actual posts. So, go away, Cookie dough.

I like these threads personally. They're a good way to pass the time during the doldrums of summer. But I see them as more entertainment - of course these guys have some connections, but their sources can't be right all the time. As cheesy as it is to hear recruiting IS fluid. At any rate it is nice to get the drop on some announcements that our insiders provide.

Advertisement
View attachment 256144
More people have laughed at my posts than you have actual posts. So, go away, Cookie dough.
for a guy arguing about statistics this point falls flat on many levels....
****, some dudes need to stop taking so seriously a dude named P-Tizzle! :LOL:
It has nothing to do with his name or anything serious, he can be a troll account, doesnt matter but him coming after someone that is just posting entertainment and second hand sources to then ***** about it like a school yard brat is why some very good posters get run off. That was the only point I was making, then his rebuttal is to call me "cookie dough" and claiming he has made way more "funny" posts than I have ever made is some kind of badge of honor. He said he was joking, I said his jokes werent funny. Did you laugh when you read them? If you had your choice between "p-tizzles "funny" posts or lindends who you riding with?

for a guy arguing about statistics this point falls flat on many levels....

It has nothing to do with his name or anything serious, he can be a troll account, doesnt matter but him coming after someone that is just posting entertainment and second hand sources to then ***** about it like a school yard brat is why some very good posters get run off. That was the only point I was making, then his rebuttal is to call me "cookie dough" and claiming he has made way more "funny" posts than I have ever made is some kind of badge of honor. He said he was joking, I said his jokes werent funny. Did you laugh when you read them? If you had your choice between "p-tizzles "funny" posts or lindends who you riding with?
It's not that seriously bro. Yes I did laugh, then again last year I joked about Lindend being Flo so...

Advertisement
Back