Georgia Tech Series

It says money talks. If DiMare wants to forge his own legacy and not be laughed at by fans as an entitled trustfund baby HC who did nothing to deserve the title- he needs to go behind Morris's back and straight to the AD immediately. Tell Blake point blank that the team is going nowhere in Morris's retirement tour and another mediocre season is going to kill recruiting so he wants to be Head Coach NOW. DiMare should say he needs to be the Skipper in order to have the chance to turn the team around before the season is completely lost.
DiMare is the hitting coach. This is the worst hitting team in the ACC and 200+/268 D-1 teams. What does that say about the head coach in waiting?

I see the same terrible hitting approaches half way thru the season that I saw st the beginning of the season. This team had all Fall and Winter going against one of the best pitching staffs in the ACC. How are these batters not ready for ACC pitching? Don't they have individual hitting sessions?

A vey weak hitting team that strikes out 12 times per game. No way this should be happening. Its not just the freshman. The upper classman are not getting it done either. These guys should all have short compact swings and most of them don't. Cut down the swing, stop guessing at the plate, and put the ball in play. Where is the coaching? It's as though DiMare is just letting these guys do whatever they feel like at the plate.

Advertisement
FYI, the pitcher who ate us up today didn’t throw a single pitch in 2016 and then missed all of 2017 after having TJ. This was his first career win. He came into the game with a 4.50 ERA over 15 innings. EVER. In his whole career.

But we’re young. No way we can expect to hit a guy like that.

Congrats to Romy Gonzalez for stepping out as the undisputed power threat on this team. Romy, a junior, now has two home runs and 12 RBI, both of which lead the team. And that's in just 27 games. Way to go, Romy!

DiMare is the hitting coach. This is the worst hitting team in the ACC and 200+/268 D-1 teams. What does that say about the head coach in waiting?

I see the same terrible hitting approaches half way thru the season that I saw st the beginning of the season. This team had all Fall and Winter going against one of the best pitching staffs in the ACC. How are these batters not ready for ACC pitching? Don't they have individual hitting sessions?

A vey weak hitting team that strikes out 12 times per game. No way this should be happening. Its not just the freshman. The upper classman are not getting it done either. These guys should all have short compact swings and most of them don't. Cut down the swing, stop guessing at the plate, and put the ball in play. Where is the coaching? It's as though DiMare is just letting these guys do whatever they feel like at the plate.

I totally agree that DiMare has done nothing to deserve being named HC. I don't think he should be HC. But I'd rather see Morris out tomorrow and DiMare as HC to finish the season than see Morris coach another game. Gives the AD a chance to "evaluate" DiMare and decide to go in another direction.

Advertisement
The AD doesn't know what he's evaluating, otherwise he would have recognized the stench in this program and made a move in 2013. He isn't an alpha male. He doesn't want to stir things up.

Another week of prolific offense - 6 runs in 4 games and 47 K's. FORTY-SEVEN strikeouts in 4 games - are you kidding me! There has to be stuff going on behind the scenes, at least I hope there is, as I cannot imagine we are this bad.

And we are now exactly half way through the regular season and Morris is literally throwing darts to make out a lineup.

Engineers at the U should figure out a way to harness the wind power generated by all the swings and misses.

Advertisement
Back