Georgia Tech Series

Jaromir Jagr

Senior
Banned
Game 1: Down 4-1 in the 4th

5-1 after 5 complete.

5-1 after 7 complete. We have six hits, all singles.

6-1 going to the 9th. Cook made his own mess after getting two quick outs.

Canes mount a vicious rally with a bunt single but come up just short. 6-1 final.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It’s a colossal lack of maturity. They play up to or close to their potential one weekend by fighting and focusing, and get the results they want. Then they let up and think they can cruise on their new found success and stop fighting and lose focus and here we are. If I’m a pitcher on that team I’m starting to get ****ed that I have to throw shutouts if I want to give myself a chance at a win consistently.

It’s a colossal lack of maturity. They play up to or close to their potential one weekend by fighting and focusing, and get the results they want. Then they let up and think they can cruise on their new found success and stop fighting and lose focus and here we are. If I’m a pitcher on that team I’m starting to get ****ed that I have to throw shutouts if I want to give myself a chance at a win consistently.

And the guy who is supposed to be the savior of a team that can't hit is currently the hitting coach. Does Blake James not care about baseball or are his hands tied because the DiMares have donated so much money to the school?

Advertisement
Game 2: GT leads 4-0 after three innings. We have one hit. Shockingly, that hit was a double. Not shocking was that the other three guys in the inning struck out. After four innings worth of batting, we've struck out six times. Pitching for Georgia Tech this weekend are Bob Gibson, Nolan Ryan, and Pedro Martinez.

Talk about pathetic... with the GT pitcher recording his 10th K of the day he has now set a career high in strikeouts. In Miami’s last 3 outings, the opposing starter has set a career high in strikeouts...so painful to watch at the plate again this year

Advertisement
Here's the thing- there is not a sane person on this planet that looks at this Miami team and thinks it has the potential to make a deep run in the college world series. The team is going to struggle to finish above .500. Knowing that, what is the point of wasting the fans time with this pathetic display of baseball? Give the fans a reason to hope for improvement next year - fire Morris immediately. Announce DiMare as interim and Miami will make an evaluation on whether to make him permanent or hire a new HC at the end of the season. Plenty of games left to see if he has what it takes (my guess is a resounding no).

You don't even have to fire him - just tell DiMare it's his team to develop, make lineup decisions, etc. from here forward. The more logical question though is why is Dimare's hiring a fait accompli?

DiMare may become a great head coach and we can only hope that is the case, but what does it say when the head coaching job of one of the best baseball programs in the country is handed to someone with no head coaching experience?

You don't even have to fire him - just tell DiMare it's his team to develop, make lineup decisions, etc. from here forward. The more logical question though is why is Dimare's hiring a fait accompli?

DiMare may become a great head coach and we can only hope that is the case, but what does it say when the head coaching job of one of the best baseball programs in the country is handed to someone with no head coaching experience?

It says money talks. If DiMare wants to forge his own legacy and not be laughed at by fans as an entitled trustfund baby HC who did nothing to deserve the title- he needs to go behind Morris's back and straight to the AD immediately. Tell Blake point blank that the team is going nowhere in Morris's retirement tour and another mediocre season is going to kill recruiting so he wants to be Head Coach NOW. DiMare should say he needs to be the Skipper in order to have the chance to turn the team around before the season is completely lost.

It says money talks. If DiMare wants to forge his own legacy and not be laughed at by fans as an entitled trustfund baby HC who did nothing to deserve the title- he needs to go behind Morris's back and straight to the AD immediately. Tell Blake point blank that the team is going nowhere in Morris's retirement tour and another mediocre season is going to kill recruiting so he wants to be Head Coach NOW. DiMare should say he needs to be the Skipper in order to have the chance to turn the team around before the season is completely lost.

It is a lazy hire, from a lazy AD, at a lazy program. Why should DiMare do anything at this point when he has almost zero responsibility for the failure on the field, as it seems to all fall on Morris. For him, letting the young players get a year under their belt may be the best option.

If Morris cared for the team, he should have declined the victory lap, to get new blood injected into the program, getting it back on track. If DiMare cares, he will tell James to open the search, and may the best coach lead the team. However, since he is not remotely even close to the best qualified candidate, he will not do that. Thus, he will be associated with daddy's money for the job.

Hope he proves the doubters wrong, but do not see him as the future, just more of a Shannon or Golden type hire.

Advertisement
It makes no sense. He pretty much is the guy responsible for hitting ... approach, development, coaching... and the team can’t hit for chit on a consistent basis. In fact they look down right pathetic at times. Yet he is now going to be the guy running the whole show. It would be like having an offensive coordinator who can’t average 12+ points a game and promoting him to head coach. NO program in the country would do that.

Advertisement
It makes no sense. He pretty much is the guy responsible for hitting ... approach, development, coaching... and the team can’t hit for chit on a consistent basis. In fact they look down right pathetic at times. Yet he is now going to be the guy running the whole show. It would be like having an offensive coordinator who can’t average 12+ points a game and promoting him to head coach. NO program in the country would do that.
You forgot recruiting...

Putrid week. Baring a miraculous turnaround that should do it for this season with UNC, Clemson, and FSU 3 of the next 4 weekends.

Advertisement
Back