Georgia State DL transfer Thomas Gore COMMITS

Deen and Gore were just grabs for depth I don’t give a **** about pro football grades bs. I knew those were just fillers (pause) I wasn’t expecting much from them. But I know when your roster is that bad you have to just grab bodies sometimes. Glad they cleaned this position group up this cycle. In 25 though that’s when it will pay dividends when those boys are physically mature (pause).

Got to still attack that position group on the trail next cycle and add more dogs.

Deen was pretty good all year when he played and you take him every time. He is a legit top 4 DT on a decent defense. I agree he did get pushed around up front vs. Rutgers.

Agree on Gore.

Advertisement
Those 2 transfer DTs can’t get here fast enough…
To be fair, Marley Cook is very much the archetype of Gore. Undersized, penetrator type. (Jokes I’m sure)

Cook played alright against Alabama, but as a one-gap player who tried to get in backfield. Same way Gore played well against UNC (off memory).

If you’re looking for a nose, it’s the NC St. kid.

Miami is such a long way from the Georgia/Alabama realm on the DL and that’s the difference every year for me.

Advertisement
To be fair, Marley Cook is very much the archetype of Gore. Undersized, penetrator type. (Jokes I’m sure)

Cook played alright against Alabama, but as a one-gap player who tried to get in backfield. Same way Gore played well against UNC (off memory).

Miami is such a long way from the Georgia/Alabama realm on the DL and that’s the difference every year for me.

Miami would need 3 more DL classes in a row to be stacked in the trenches like the big boys. And then Georgia and Bama can just pluck the portal for the top trench players if they do whiff or lose some guys early to the nfl.

Ppl can’t seem the grasps how stacked those teams are. They been recruiting elite for many many many many many years

Deen and Gore were just grabs for depth I don’t give a **** about pro football grades bs. I knew those were just fillers (pause) I wasn’t expecting much from them. But I know when your roster is that bad you have to just grab bodies sometimes. Glad they cleaned this position group up this cycle. In 25 though that’s when it will pay dividends when those boys are physically mature (pause).

Got to still attack that position group on the trail next cycle and add more dogs.
The issue is that they needed to be much better than that. Gore was a horrible take based off his prospects and it was proven on the field. This is why I don’t buy into our perceived advantage of evals. I don’t see any proof that our guys can out eval the market.

We can only hope he stays in a role that is more pass rush/3rd guy off the bench in rotation

Burroughs, JHH, horton
Clark, Moten, Cook

Sneak in the true freshmen Scott and the wildcard Campbell who definitely has the size the team covets…

Advertisement
The issue is that they needed to be much better than that. Gore was a horrible take based off his prospects and it was proven on the field. This is why I don’t buy into our perceived advantage of evals. I don’t see any proof that our guys can out eval the market.
When it comes to transfers I’m not expecting much the evals in the portal been dog water. If it ain’t a high rated guy I look at it as a filler spot and then counting on the guy ahead of them to take the most snaps.

When it comes to transfers I’m not expecting much the evals in the portal been dog water. If it ain’t a high rated guy I look at it as a filler spot and then counting on the guy ahead of them to take the most snaps.
I expect a ton because they are already known quantities and should be much easier to identify. If your transfer evals aren’t hitting, it’s very likely neither will your HS ones. Now don’t conflate that with just recruiting monsters out of HS. Our issue is that our current #4 class had both monsters and evals(half the class is 3 stars) and because of that we will need numerous evals to hit.

Advertisement
Scott is an EE. He'll be on the field heavy by mid-season, gotta keep a 5 star happy.
It will be an interesting one to watch play out....

When Manny didn't play LT as a true freshman, he was labeled an idiot....

When LT didn't get the 5 star results last year under Mario, it was relax friends, it takes DTs a while to develop, can't expect early impact..

I am ok with not having Scott on the clock just yet.

I expect a ton because they are already known quantities and should be much easier to identify. If your transfer evals aren’t hitting, it’s very likely neither will your HS ones. Now don’t conflate that with just recruiting monsters out of HS. Our issue is that our current #4 class had both monsters and evals(half the class is 3 stars) and because of that we will need numerous evals to hit.
I disagree the HS ones are going to hit some of them not all. All I need to see is Kirby and Saban after the kid and I’ll think that most likely they probably are good. But yea if he doesn’t hit on these kids he and we are in trouble. And it’s a fair take if u think they won’t hit that’s fair asf. Some won’t work out that’s the nature of the beast

It will be an interesting one to watch play out....

When Manny didn't play LT as a true freshman, he was labeled an idiot....

When LT didn't get the 5 star results last year under Mario, it was relax friends, it takes DTs a while to develop, can't expect early impact..

I am ok with not having Scott on the clock just yet.
He has the measureables ww desperately need at 6'5" 300 + so if he shows early promise it's hard to imagine he doesn't see the field.

Advertisement
Miami would need 3 more DL classes in a row to be stacked in the trenches like the big boys. And then Georgia and Bama can just pluck the portal for the top trench players if they do whiff or lose some guys early to the nfl.

Ppl can’t seem the grasps how stacked those teams are. They been recruiting elite for many many many many many years
Yes and this is the first time in our history that we’ve had back to back top 10 classes

We would have won 3-4 more games with better DL play this season. There's a reason Mario's focused on it. Definitely the difference in the GT, NC State, UL and Rutgers.

If Mario talks about jumbo athletes and goes after them on oline, why is he pulling these undersized guys from small schools? Can he not see the disconnect? We didnt even shake the tree of Nolen, Raikes, but we jumping on gore and cook types?

Advertisement
Back