Georgia State DL transfer Thomas Gore COMMITS

Another guy getting boosted up on CIS when we have played nobody with 8 consecutive weeks of power 5 opponents coming right up.

Did Lichtenstein see the field vs A&M?

Many of you are getting carried away with a 4-0 start and the performance of our DL when we have played 1 notable opponent thus far in our season. We better hope guys like Deen and Mesidor can return soon.

Respectively, that's obvious to everyone. Yeah, we should hope half of our starters on D line play.

But people were saying Gore was another Kennedy, and Lichtenstein was unplayable.

Licht played a series or two vs TAMU and held his own. I just want the third stringers to be able to stand their ground.

Someone like Gore who's leading the team in defensive grades after four games, probably doesn't become unplayable In conference play.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Respectively, that's obvious to everyone. Yeah, we should hope half of our starters on D line play.

But people were saying Gore was another Kennedy, and Lichtenstein was unplayable.

Licht played a series or two vs TAMU and held his own. I just want the third stringers to be able to stand their ground.

Someone like Gore who's leading the team in defensive grades after four games, probably don't become unplayable In conference play.
Im not as big on Lichtenstein but overall I agree. Gore has been better than I expected but I will wait to start my apology tour until at least mid October.

Another guy getting boosted up on CIS when we have played nobody with 8 consecutive weeks of power 5 opponents coming right up.

Did Lichtenstein see the field vs A&M?

Many of you are getting carried away with a 4-0 start and the performance of our DL when we have played 1 notable opponent thus far in our season. We better hope guys like Deen and Mesidor can return soon.

Lichtenstein was quality depth at USC, got injured and is finally now healthy enough to play at a high level again. His get off is still too slow and he gets washed out too much. But I've seen improvements as he's gained snaps.

You need to generate pressure from the interior. This is part of a successful makeup. Can never have too many advanced age pass rushers.

My head canon says you are replacing Allen Haye with 76 pressures, 22 TFL, and 8 sacks in their career. This seems like a big upgrade to me, one that is more than usable and wants to be here. I would wager a guy like this would be on someone's sleeper G5 list for draftable players. Someone would want to see what they could do with this guy situationally getting after the QB. Let's hope his jump (if he comes here) is similar to KJ Osborn from fringe guy to rock solid mid-rounder. Would be a net positive for Miami if things break right. If things break left...he still seems like a usable rotation guy.
Nice take, brother.

Someone like Gore who's leading the team in defensive grades after four games, probably doesn't become unplayable In conference play.
Look brother, the thing that you and others seem to be missing is that when you are this small up front you wear down as the season continues and now we are getting into 8 power 5 opponents in a row. Sure we can beat up on small teams who have undersized lines to begin with. We have played 1 real opponent thus far and we had our higher level players playing. We are so **** lucky to have our DC because he is making a huge difference by making the OL guess who's backing out or coming and reeking havoc on blocking assignments. Our 1 sizeable starter DT who is taleneted (Taylor) is getting double teamed regularly. We need to get bigger and more stout up front. Those are your DC's comments....not mine. We will not be a championship level DL until size is addressed on the DL and our DC will have to continue to generate pressure on every down. I wish Mario would have treated the DT position the same way he treated the OL and Salive'a is whiffing his *** off. That is the truth and the state of our DT position and recruiting. I understand everyone is giddy about our fast start (I am to), but if we really want to beat the big boys of college football and win championships this needs to be addressed. We are not on the same level as championship contenders at this particular position. Sometimes the truth hurts.

Advertisement
I posted this in a different thread but it applies to Gore:

Tackling discipline continues to be really impressive

Something I noticed on Gores forced fumble was it looks like he’s coming in kinda high and a bit out of control but you see him go for the ball and immediately duck his head down and to the side

We see plays like that all the time that get called back because of some helmet to helmet or hands to the helmet contact

Look brother, the thing that you and others seem to be missing is that when you are this small up front you wear down as the season continues and now we are getting into 8 power 5 opponents in a row. Sure we can beat up on small teams who have undersized lines to begin with. We have played 1 real opponent thus far and we had our higher level players playing. We are so **** lucky to have our DC because he is making a huge difference by making the OL guess who's backing out or coming and reeking havoc on blocking assignments. Our 1 sizeable starter DT who is taleneted (Taylor) is getting double teamed regularly. We need to get bigger and more stout up front. Those are your DC's comments....not mine. We will not be a championship level DL until size is addressed on the DL and our DC will have to continue to generate pressure on every down. I wish Mario would have treated the DT position the same way he treated the OL and Salive'a is whiffing his *** off. That is the truth and the state of our DT position and recruiting. I understand everyone is giddy about our fast start (I am to), but if we really want to beat the big boys of college football and win championships this needs to be addressed. We are not on the same level as championship contenders at this particular position. Sometimes the truth hurts.

I remember Lance mentioning that there couldnt have been a better DC hire for our undersized interior. Top 3 in rush defense is a testament to how good Guidry really is. You're not lying, we're not big up front but regardless of the opponents, its **** impressive to be 3rd in yards/ave and yards/game.

I might be more worried about the pass rush at this point. Guidry also mentioned he's having to manufacture pressures because we just don't seem to have that rush right now.

As you said, getting Deen and Mesidor back is huge. This is pretty much the same dline that was one of the best In the nation at getting to the QB and causing pressures.

Hey, we can get blown out of the water stopping the run in conference play, yeah, but being top three in the nation is at least a good sign.

Last edited:
If Gore had a rough spring/fall camp then it's whatever. We have a bunch of grown men on our OL. Just makes the kid better.
IIRC people were saying the same thing about Lee when he first got here

He seems to be acclimating haha

Advertisement
Seriously? Wasn't he like the second best center in the country last year?
Yeah there were some immediate comments (pre spring game maybe? Perhaps after as well) that he looks like he might not belong here

I only remember because I was so high on him and was like “oh ****”

I posted this in a different thread but it applies to Gore:

Tackling discipline continues to be really impressive

Something I noticed on Gores forced fumble was it looks like he’s coming in kinda high and a bit out of control but you see him go for the ball and immediately duck his head down and to the side

We see plays like that all the time that get called back because of some helmet to helmet or hands to the helmet contact
All true.

But, to extend...the way these players FLY to the ball en masse and group tackle as well as have discipline with the cut back...areas we have struggled with for years...is pretty awesome to see. Guidry really has them playing well right now. Big tests coming up in a few weeks, though.

All true.

But, to extend...the way these players FLY to the ball en masse and group tackle as well as have discipline with the cut back...areas we have struggled with for years...is pretty awesome to see. Guidry really has them playing well right now. Big tests coming up in a few weeks, though.
Yeah man absolutely

We are walking that line between playing fast and being aggressive as ****, and still playing within the boundaries

It’s been from the first snap against Ohio through Temple. You can tell they bought in to the coaches bigtime

are you trying to defend his claim that manny did better in the portal than Mario?
I Cant Hear You Small Business Owner GIF by Aurora Consulting: Business, Insurance, Financing Experts

Advertisement
His portal evals so far he’s batting low average. You need the cream of the crop in the portal if your going to dive in there if not you end up with trex arm players.
You mean the 10 guys he brought in that cant touch the field werent great additions? These gurus would disagree.
Screenshot_20231015_170641_Samsung Internet.jpg

Advertisement
You mean the 10 guys he brought in that cant touch the field werent great additions? These gurus would disagree.
View attachment 261540
I didn’t like all of them for sure I did like Cohen those are the ones I like and Francis brother has surprised. I was telling my boy we got no **** excuse being a cane fan where a WSU linebacker comes in and is our best LB. That should never be the case. Not discrediting him though he’s played his *** off. We better hope Ruiz ain’t broke and he pays for that DL or some sh lol

for every jaelan Phillips there’s a tate martell (could’ve had Jalen Hurts btw). But fr manny took advantage of the portal when it first opened but it was mostly due to a poor recruiting class

Advertisement
Back