Georgia State DL transfer Thomas Gore COMMITS

If Gore had a rough spring/fall camp then it's whatever. We have a bunch of grown men on our OL. Just makes the kid better.

That could be part of it. And maybe growing pains from a significant step up in competition level. Plus he may be a player that doesn't practice at the level he plays. Either way, he made his presence felt on Saturday, but I do want to see how he fares against ACC play (where he'll be going up against some more grown men... though probably not quite as grown as ours, lol).

Advertisement
That could be part of it. And maybe growing pains from a significant step up in competition level. Plus he may be a player that doesn't practice at the level he plays. Either way, he made his presence felt on Saturday, but I do want to see how he fares against ACC play (where he'll be going up against some more grown men... though probably not quite as grown as ours, lol).
I think Temple only gave up 1 sack going into our game. I mean that's not terrible by any means.

I vaguely recall people at practices saying Gore had a rough spring and was getting consistently worked when he went up against the 1s and some of the 2s, and that's part of the reason coaches were looking at other DTs like Malone, Rose, etc....

At this point, I think it is fair to say Gore has exceeded expectations compared to what was reported during the spring. Whether he can continue to maintain this level of play against our ACC opponents is obviously an open question, but it seems at a minimum he'll be a quality depth piece (which is better than what was expected 3 months ago).
I posted he finished strong after struggling after arriving. Sometimes kids can’t translate to the step up in competition ( Tommy Kennedy) or it takes times to adjust. Obviously he‘s adjusted and is playing well now.

It’s funny all the Cis experts mocked this take and McCormick. More proof why people are on a message board versus getting paid to evaluate .

Gore has been a good add and we’re lucky to have him after the injuries.

Last edited:
IMG_3477.jpeg

247’s top rated transfers this season. And this is including all transfers regardless of season or years with the program.

I vaguely recall people at practices saying Gore had a rough spring and was getting consistently worked when he went up against the 1s and some of the 2s, and that's part of the reason coaches were looking at other DTs like Malone, Rose, etc....

At this point, I think it is fair to say Gore has exceeded expectations compared to what was reported during the spring. Whether he can continue to maintain this level of play against our ACC opponents is obviously an open question, but it seems at a minimum he'll be a quality depth piece (which is better than what was expected 3 months ago).
Bro maybe our O line is that good lol. Everybody is getting worked against them boyz.

Advertisement
folks saying Gore is outplaying LT....when LT is out there WITH gore a ton.

That being said Gore looked bad in the spring...looked out of place...but i must say has logged good snaps most of this szn so far has been kind of underrated.

Think he has another year os would be good to be in rotation next year
bro stop. you making to much dam sense fort CIS to take in at one time.

I posted he finished strong after struggling after arriving. Sometimes kids can’t translate to the step up in competition ( Tommy Kennedy) or it takes times to adjust. Obviously he‘s adjusted and is playing well now.

It’s funny all the Cis experts mocked this take and McCormick. More proof why people are on a message board versus getting paid to evaluate .

Gore has been a good add and we’re lucky to have him after the injuries.
Man fcking McCormick has been a total stud. He had another huge block again last game. I think he might be the best Portal player we have got so far. He is 100% with out a doubt a monster addition to this team.

Advertisement

He already has Corey Gaynor's number, so I'll be looking forward to seeing him perform in that game. ... At this point, I feel he's a proven depth piece. Exactly what we needed from him. Just can't have any more injuries. And need Deen back .

You are complaining to the guy that brought up Manny Diaz 🙄.
what are you talking about lmao? you can't even keep up with the dumb points you're trying to make

since you don't remember. YOU are the one who mentioned manny and posted this below when we got thomas gore because it was just the worst take of all time supposedly by Mario and staff. This is even more hilarious because he ranks as our highest defender on the season so that goes to show the football accumen we're dealing with.

You then proceeded to argue that manny diaz did better than Mario has done in the portal, which I disproved with ~10 names (and Mario has had 1 less year in the portal here).

1) your negative and mope reaction to thomas gore proved to be wrong
2) Mario > manny in the portal for all the reasons listed in this thread and also highlighted by common sense

1695730108781.png

what are you talking about lmao? you can't even keep up with the dumb points you're trying to make

since you don't remember. YOU are the one who mentioned manny and posted this below when we got thomas gore because it was just the worst take of all time supposedly by Mario and staff. This is even more hilarious because he ranks as our highest defender on the season so that goes to show the football accumen we're dealing with.

You then proceeded to argue that manny diaz did better than Mario has done in the portal, which I disproved with ~10 names (and Mario has had 1 less year in the portal here).

1) your negative and mope reaction to thomas gore proved to be wrong
2) Mario > manny in the portal for all the reasons listed in this thread and also highlighted by common sense

View attachment 258518
You guys are so ******* stupid. You bumped a post from Dec 13 2022 to bring up Manny Diaz clown. I haven't said **** about that ****head in 2023. Nonetheless the post I made last year that you thought was so relevant 4 games into the season is still how I feel. Don't tag me after a game vs Temple to take a victory lap bum.

You guys are so ******* stupid. You bumped a post from Dec 13 2022 to bring up Manny Diaz clown. I haven't said **** about that ****head in 2023. Nonetheless the post I made last year that you thought was so relevant 4 games into the season is still how I feel. Don't tag me after a game vs Temple to take a victory lap bum.
whenever I'm unsure of something, I keep an eye out for what you've posted on the topic and know with utmost certainty that the exact opposite is true. thanks for continuously being a North Star

Advertisement
whenever I'm unsure of something, I keep an eye out for what you've posted on the topic and know with utmost certainty that the exact opposite is true. thanks for continuously being a North Star
Stay tuned.

Bro maybe our O line is that good lol. Everybody is getting worked against them boyz.
Trying to tell ‘em. The holes our OL was opening in scrimmages was silly, thought our run D was about to be in the 70s-80s… yet here we are sitting at #2 nationally against the run. Mario has completely overhauled the OL room (was only a matter of time) from weakness to best position group on team.

Lichtenstein is pretty solid as well. Do we actually have DT depth?

Advertisement
Folks keep boosting up guys like this on our roster when we have played nobody other than A&M thus far. Taylor is getting double teamed and playing out of position because we are so small up front other than him. Now we are getting ready to play 8 ACC opponents 8 consecutive weeks. This is when small fronts start to wear down. We have a long season left against 8 power 5 opponents who are not named Miami of Ohio, Bethune Cookman and Temple. It is a **** shame that we have to go portal shopping for DT's every year. We are getting beat like a drum on DT recruiting and Salive'a is a whiffle ball expert.

1 HS DT in the 2023 class and 1 DT thus far with a little over 2 months left for the early signing period for the 2024 class. Pathetic recruiting at the position. Too bad Mario doesn't seem to care as much about DT recruiting as he does his precious OL.

Lichtenstein is pretty solid as well. Do we actually have DT depth?
Another guy getting boosted up on CIS when we have played nobody with 8 consecutive weeks of power 5 opponents coming right up.

Did Lichtenstein see the field vs A&M?

Many of you are getting carried away with a 4-0 start and the performance of our DL when we have played 1 notable opponent thus far in our season. We better hope guys like Deen and Mesidor can return soon.

Another guy getting boosted up on CIS when we have played nobody with 8 consecutive weeks of power 5 opponents coming right up.

Did Lichtenstein see the field vs A&M?

Many of you are getting carried away with a 4-0 start and the performance of our DL when we have played 1 notable opponent thus far in our season. We better hope guys like Deen and Mesidor can return soon.
Lichtenstein played against A&M, as did JHH & Gore. Albeit it was probably due to Deen and Mesidor injuries… interior depth ain’t where we want it to be, but it’s a lot better than Manny’s last two years here

Advertisement
Back