Georgia State DL transfer Thomas Gore COMMITS

Certainly hasn’t been what was expected but he has had doubles but to me he may have been asked to do things he’s not great at but for sure he hasn’t been the best. But being without Deen and mezzy deff hurts him. Hopefully he can turn it on from here and build off the temple performance

Advertisement
Agreed. He is taking on a lot of double teams. The capping on this board for Taylor is unreal. Maybe a few ppl are related to him or something cause man if I ever bring up him not playing up to 5 star 1st rd talent a few posters ALWAYS chime in.

I was expecting a big season from him and so far it’s hasn’t been one. It’s still early but y’all can’t seriously sit here and say so far his has looked like a 1st rd talent.

This last game was his best and it was phucking temple. Let’s see what he does in October. I know what a dominant NFL DT looks like and so far he hasn’t been one.

**** Gerald Willis was a dominant force who disrupted games and couldn’t even get drafted.
G-Willis didn't get drafted because of behavioral/maturity issues. He also had old coaches who gave poor reviews on him so he had huge red flags. That's why he didn't get drafted.

Are u drunk or slow!? He had a sack yesterday & lived in the backfield! On TC’s interception on the sideline, who do u think forced the QB out of the pocket & forced the errant throw! U just talkin out ur *** now (BIG PAUSE)
I understand we all want to see crazy *** stats, but stop always looking at the box score. Watch the game. Taylor was living in the backfield.

well first off

branson deen was arguably our best defensive player until he got hurt.

I'm not here to crown gore, my only point was that half the board is morons who just whined about his size without knowing anything about football. you're saying "its just Miami of ohio", well as far as I'm aware, our other players played against them too.

In terms of ranking Mario vs manny in the portal - important to note manny had an additional year at this juncture, but even with 1 less transfer class he's found way better talent

You're conveniently leaving off:

henry parish, javion cohen, colbie young, matt lee, akeem mesidor, jamil burroughs (will be dominant next year), cam Mccormick (MONSTER addition in run blocking), Ajay Allen, JADEN DAVIS, Francisco Mauigoa, KJ Cloyd,and darrell jackson (despite him leaving a year later)
Cohen, Lee, Young and Parrish alone, anchoring the best offense we've seen here in a hot minute is not enough? We're playing VERY good FB right now, sitting at 4-0 and people wanna bring up Manny ******* Diaz? GTFOH. Some are such wretched, negative souls, that they don't deserve nice things....

Cohen, Lee, Young and Parrish alone, anchoring the best offense we've seen here in a hot minute is not enough? We're playing VERY good FB right now, sitting at 4-0 and people wanna bring up Manny ******* Diaz? GTFOH. Some are such wretched, negative souls, that they don't deserve nice things....
You are complaining to the guy that brought up Manny Diaz 🙄.

Advertisement
G-Willis didn't get drafted because of behavioral/maturity issues. He also had old coaches who gave poor reviews on him so he had huge red flags. That's why he didn't get drafted.
Some of that is true but Willis still had the opportunity to prove if he belonged in the NFL (signed with 3 teams) and he didn’t. Now, he’s in the XFL.

Welcome to Miami fans

Advertisement
folks saying Gore is outplaying LT....when LT is out there WITH gore a ton.

That being said Gore looked bad in the spring...looked out of place...but i must say has logged good snaps most of this szn so far has been kind of underrated.

Think he has another year os would be good to be in rotation next year

folks saying Gore is outplaying LT....when LT is out there WITH gore a ton.

That being said Gore looked bad in the spring...looked out of place...but i must say has logged good snaps most of this szn so far has been kind of underrated.

Think he has another year os would be good to be in rotation next year
In the words of Al Golden, trust the process

Advertisement
Yall told me he suck and while i kept watching the game, i was like, who is 59?!!! Oh thats Gore....hold up, i thought he sucked. Lets get this clear. U can have 1 dominant DL man and suck because when he is tired the unit falls off. U need a unit and the more players u have who can play the better.

The biggest compliment i can give the DL is regardless of who is in, they have suffocated the run game. Both from the QB and RB and we been without 2 of our best since 1st half of Texas A&M. Thats depth, thats coaching, thats scheming since we have no big 320 pound anchor. We are in really good hands. We are giving up 48 yards per game on the ground. A&M just ran for over 200 yards v Auburn btw. And when Manny had those pretty good defense in '17 and '18....we gave up 145 and 143 yards pg on the ground. For context.

side note: I think atleast 1 SEC team is gonna come after 1 or both our Coordinators. Thats how they operate, weaken you while strengthening themselves. I would love to keep these guys for 3 years minimum. They can parlay this job in HC opportunities for sure.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Gore has been a revelation. If remember correctly, he was a non-factor in spring and those bringing up his name were throwing him under the bus. He was deemed a portal miss before the last snap of spring.

But I was told LT is a 1st rd talent and leaving after this year 👀.

I know LT has been doubled but man he hasn’t done much of anything this year.
It’s really hard for a DT who’s game is mostly quickness 3 tech type to have to take on double teams all game to make a huge impact. But he is holding his own especially in the running game. I do feel he is hurt by the stunts and twists. We clog up the middle and force QBs out of the pocket purposely.

Advertisement
Back