Georgia State DL transfer Thomas Gore COMMITS

A lot people crapped on Gore after an uneventful spring game and seeing him in person for the first time but Gore was productive at his last school and gave **** to the P5 teams he did play; Go watch the UNC tape, he whipped Corey Gaynor like he stole something.

Gore being productive against Temple and Bethune shouldn't be some revelation. Gore is undersized but a quality depth player.
This. Not going to let the "Its only been 4 games" crowd sneak out the back door on this one. There were ALOT of posters who basically said this kid had no business being in P5 let alone being at UM after the Spring session and even going into the Fall. Already had labeled him a complete miss by Mario.

He is absolutely holding down the fort for us and for that alone, he is meeting expectations until Deen gets back. And of course, once Deen is back, he will go back to be a solid depth piece as needed since Moten and JHH are playing well too.

Advertisement
DO NOT ASK THIS RIGHT NOW. LET THESE GUYS GET A FULL PAGE OF ARGUING DONE BEFORE WE CHANGE THE SUBJECT
fox tv GIF by Empire FOX

Some of that is true but Willis still had the opportunity to prove if he belonged in the NFL (signed with 3 teams) and he didn’t. Now, he’s in the XFL.

I watch a couple XFL games just to see him an our other Canes play. He wasn't nearly as disruptive as I remember him. I think he would have been much better served playing for a Mario type coach in college where they busted his hump all offseason in S&C and all season in relentlessness. He just didn't put enough energy into his game. Really disappointed for him, as he was/is a talent.

Will be interesting to see if Gore's production is due to injuries finally giving him a chance or the level of competition being closer to what he saw at GSU.

Advertisement
Will be interesting to see if Gore's production is due to injuries finally giving him a chance or the level of competition being closer to what he saw at GSU.

You can’t help yourself getting a sly shot at him: “GSU competition level”

A lot of people commented, I’m sure you were one of them, just railing on the guy when the pick up was made.

You know, maybe the coaches looked at film, and liked what they saw, but the peanut gallery looked at his height, and where he played and made a thumbs-down decision. Now you’re hoping like **** he falls flat on his face so you can say I told you so.

You can’t help yourself getting a sly shot at him: “GSU competition level”

A lot of people commented, I’m sure you were one of them, just railing on the guy when the pick up was made.

You know, maybe the coaches looked at film, and liked what they saw, but the peanut gallery looked at his height, and where he played and made a thumbs-down decision. Now you’re hoping like **** he falls flat on his face so you can say I told you so.
Long post to make a lot of assumptions. Actually what I meant is what I wrote. If he continues to play well vs good teams I will post that I was wrong about Gore. At this point, Im not certain. He didn't start the season playing much, and we experienced a lot of injuries increasing his snap count. If you are certain he's going to continue to play well congratulations to you. Not sure why you felt insecure enough to make this about me. GSU plays teams like Temple and BCU is that news to you?

It could be closer to the bolded.

I dont think its injuries as he was rotating in from day 1 and held up against tx am as well and i dont know of temple but Miami of Ohio Ol is good sized.

Good to see him in acc play but he has been solid so far in the 4 games.... JHH has also been a problem for every OL we faced and he was never mentioned b4 szn as a guy to look at.

Long post to make a lot of assumptions. Actually what I meant is what I wrote. If he continues to play well vs good teams I will post that I was wrong about Gore. At this point, Im not certain. He didn't start the season playing much, and we experienced a lot of injuries increasing his snap count. If you are certain he's going to continue to play well congratulations to you. Not sure why you felt insecure enough to make this about me. GSU plays teams like Temple and BCU is that news to you?

I made no assumptions. You admitted it in this very post that you could be “wrong about Gore“ which means you trashed him. At least you admit that.

Advertisement
It could be closer to the bolded.

I dont think its injuries as he was rotating in from day 1 and held up against tx am as well and i dont know of temple but Miami of Ohio Ol is good sized.

Good to see him in acc play but he has been solid so far in the 4 games.... JHH has also been a problem for every OL we faced and he was never mentioned b4 szn as a guy to look at.
I don't get what was controversial about my post. Ive never seen GSU play a game and I judged Gore on stature. If he continues to play well over next 8-11 games Ill be front and center. Had nothing to do with me being right or wrong 🤣. The DT have all been stout sans Lichtenstein but I rest my case.

I don't get what was controversial about my post. Ive never seen GSU play a game and I judged Gore on stature. If he continues to play well over next 8-11 games Ill be front and center. Had nothing to do with me being right or wrong 🤣. The DT have all been stout sans Lichtenstein but I rest my case.
I called Gore a miss fromt he jump in spring because i honestly didnt understand the role they would use him. Then seeing him in spring and he looked like a complete walk on.
In fact we have another walk on #92 that is similar size stature as Gore that made the Temple trip so he must be solid as a player as well.

But he has looked solid so far, and i'll be happily wrong about him through the acc play if he keeps up this trajectory , especially considering they paired him alot with Taylor who isnt exactly a 1tech to take on doubles but he has done his job there to and Gore has ate.

He seems to be in better shape from the spring as welll where he kind of looked a bit sloppy, seems fit from what is aw on Saturday (Gore)

Yes, I’ll be the one to say, I was scratching my head on the picking of Thomas Gore, but I’ll eat my words now. The guy is truly a walking “it’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog.”

Advertisement
He's played decently well as a backup but hasn't stood out as more than a depth piece, but that's fine because that's exactly what he was brought in as. Speaking of which did Allen Haye's name get called at all on Saturday? He's a starter for Temple..

You're good man, almost all of us understood what you meant im sure

He's played decently well as a backup but hasn't stood out as more than a depth piece, but that's fine because that's exactly what he was brought in as. Speaking of which did Allen Haye's name get called at all on Saturday? He's a starter for Temple..

Right, I don’t think anybody thought of him as anything more than quality depth, which, by the way, we desperately needed, so why trash him? I don’t mean you, I mean, others literally trashed him in this thread.

Advertisement
Right, I don’t think anybody thought of him as anything more than quality depth, which, by the way, we desperately needed, so why trash him? I don’t mean you, I mean, others literally trashed him in this thread.
Yea and they p*ssed and moaned about McCormick too, which was way more stupid considering how desperately we need blocking on the edge. And for the record both those guys have contributed a **** of a lot more than Tyler Harrell, who everyone rubbed themselves raw over.

I vaguely recall people at practices saying Gore had a rough spring and was getting consistently worked when he went up against the 1s and some of the 2s, and that's part of the reason coaches were looking at other DTs like Malone, Rose, etc....

At this point, I think it is fair to say Gore has exceeded expectations compared to what was reported during the spring. Whether he can continue to maintain this level of play against our ACC opponents is obviously an open question, but it seems at a minimum he'll be a quality depth piece (which is better than what was expected 3 months ago).

I watch a couple XFL games just to see him an our other Canes play. He wasn't nearly as disruptive as I remember him. I think he would have been much better served playing for a Mario type coach in college where they busted his hump all offseason in S&C and all season in relentlessness. He just didn't put enough energy into his game. Really disappointed for him, as he was/is a talent.
i think its also fair to see he was like 23 going up against kids and sometimes that makes a diff

Advertisement
Back