Georgia State DL transfer Thomas Gore COMMITS

Advertisement
Agreed. I do like this addition, though. He can be used as a 3T and a 5T. We still need at least 2 more 1T-types.
Me, too. Our iDL last year lacked real depth (IMO). We played Darrell Jackson more than we needed to and as a result, Jackson's overall output was mixed...especially by the end of the season when he was playing over 40 snaps against GT (for example) and he was being outplayed (per PFF) by iDL players that were playing far fewer snaps, just making those snaps count.

We'd play Jackson, Taylor, and JHH most of the time and then fill in with Moultrie, Lichtenstein, and Miller...but those guys were playing on average like 10-12 snaps. If you can get 2 iDL that can play at least 25-35 type snaps a game and excel in a role (like Gore on passing downs, for example) you might have a better output from the iDL.

This probably isn't the thread for this, but a guy I think we'll have trouble replacing is Agude. He did a lot and was moved around a lot last year. Didn't always come up on the highlight reel or the stat sheet, but he was playing good ball by the end of the year. Who is going to be that guy?

Go ahead..convince me Gore wasn't on hold until staff knew Adeleye's decision. No one wants to acknowledge how close we are to 85, or discuss Mario's philosophy w/oversigning. And ballpark 4-6 more signees/portal imminent: (Mauigoa (s), Brown, Cormani, Hussey (??), Bonsu/surprise.

*not saying Gore wouldn't EVENTUALLY have been brought onboard. And yes, EVENTUALLY more will portal out. The unknown is  how Mario manages that.

Last edited:
Plotting Super Mario GIF by GIPHY Gaming

Welcome to The U

Advertisement
No one wants to acknowledge how close we are to 85, or discuss Mario's philosophy w/oversigning. And ballpark 4-6 more signees/portal imminent: (Mauigoa (s), Brown, Cormani, Hussey (??), Bonsu/surprise.
Mario said in today's presser that 85 only matters at the end. Priority is acquiring talent from either HS or the portal and he's solely focused on that. IMHO, that means if the player is available, the 85 limit means nothing to him, he will recruit them relentlessly. At the end, may mean that some kids will find out that this is a one year renewable contract and the football scholarship won't be renewed.

The difference between Mario and someone like Saban is Mario will either ensure they have an academic scholarship and can graduate or find them a landing spot elsewhere.

But he sees what we all see. A roster bereft of talent.

Watched him play in person against Marshall a few weeks ago. They couldn't block him. He really stood out, he flashed in the run game and rushing the passer. Easily the best player on their defense. The Sun Belt has some serious talent.

GSU WR Thrash really stood out too. Marshall has 2 All conference CBs and they couldn't do anything with him. Special player.

This guy’s floor is Aaron Donald, no? In all seriousness, we gotta get this bro on the sauce and let him create havoc.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back