Georgia "Bags" bigger than Alabama's

If Richt really kept the boosters from doing what they wanted to do, theres no way he would have stayed there as long as he did. People within the program expressed Smart has a much better plan for recruiting and urged for more spending on staff for it. Smart can recruit like **** and Richt is kind of just, well, laid back.

Oh to be naive. Richt lasted because he sprinkled in real good years in with mediocre years. Made it hard to fire him. Not going to fire the dude for not playing the bag game. Energy and a “recruiting plan” don’t bring in that type of class

So these boosters are willing to open their checkbooks bigger than ever before to cheat, but have enough scruples to keep Richt around when he’s keeping them from doing so because he’s a nice guy? Not buying it

But you’re willing to buy that Kirby is flipping kids from Bama, Michigan and bathing in S.FL all because of his recruiting model

Advertisement
It smells like a good bag game. But on the other hand one of my good friends is Otis Reese Jr.'s dad....he's a 4 star safety that flipped from Michigan to Georgia on signing day. I spoke to his dad Monday and he told me his son was still on the fence but it was his own decision to make. I asked him if Georgia or Michigan offered any extra "incentives" during the process and he says no.

Sometimes these kids just change their minds. But then again he wasn't a 5 star.....but he was highly recruited. Even Slick Nick flew in at the last minute to make a final pitch. The kid still chose Georgia on his own.

What did you expect him to say? "Yes, Georgia offered us $300,000 and a new house"?

To be honest yes. This is one of my best friends in life, he's pretty much like a brother more than a friend. If they offered money he would've told me.

Now if that was the case I definitely wouldnt have posted his business and snitched on a thread. But in this case it didn't happen.

It smells like a good bag game. But on the other hand one of my good friends is Otis Reese Jr.'s dad....he's a 4 star safety that flipped from Michigan to Georgia on signing day. I spoke to his dad Monday and he told me his son was still on the fence but it was his own decision to make. I asked him if Georgia or Michigan offered any extra "incentives" during the process and he says no.

Sometimes these kids just change their minds. But then again he wasn't a 5 star.....but he was highly recruited. Even Slick Nick flew in at the last minute to make a final pitch. The kid still chose Georgia on his own.
of course he says no

You guys just don't get it. If money bags were being dropped, you would know about it. All you need to do is look at how high school football recruiting in SEC country. You don't offer straight cash, you offer a job. (which equates to cash) You can take someone working as a lunchroom lady and give her an administrative assistant position, and boom that's $50k raise. Now you just don't offer them a job, you recommend they apply for one to a friendly company. This type of assistance is impossible to track. Now you only need to do this if that is what it takes. You don't risk it on a kid that commits 3 months before NSD.

You guys just don't get it. If money bags were being dropped, you would know about it. All you need to do is look at how high school football recruiting in SEC country. You don't offer straight cash, you offer a job. (which equates to cash) You can take someone working as a lunchroom lady and give her an administrative assistant position, and boom that's $50k raise. Now you just don't offer them a job, you recommend they apply for one to a friendly company. This type of assistance is impossible to track. Now you only need to do this if that is what it takes. You don't risk it on a kid that commits 3 months before NSD.

So recruits dont get cash? I find that hard to believe. We've had "insiders" here that have confirmed that cash has been offered.

Advertisement

Semantics. Not everyone means 70k in cash when they say “bags.” They also means jobs, homes, cars, etc

So recruits dont get cash? I find that hard to believe. We've had "insiders" here that have confirmed that cash has been offered.

They do, ole miss giving cash to players who didn’t even end up at their school...

So do you have any intel on TC's sister getting a job as some have posted?

At minimum Georgia/Texas/Miami bringing in these good classes will help restore some balance.

Advertisement

nah, they come with cold hard cash. period.

What did you expect him to say? "Yes, Georgia offered us $300,000 and a new house"?

To be honest yes. This is one of my best friends in life, he's pretty much like a brother more than a friend. If they offered money he would've told me.

Now if that was the case I definitely wouldnt have posted his business and snitched on a thread. But in this case it didn't happen.

The bandwagon recruits itself. No need to do anything extra if you don't have to

If Richt really kept the boosters from doing what they wanted to do, theres no way he would have stayed there as long as he did. People within the program expressed Smart has a much better plan for recruiting and urged for more spending on staff for it. Smart can recruit like **** and Richt is kind of just, well, laid back.

Oh to be naive. Richt lasted because he sprinkled in real good years in with mediocre years. Made it hard to fire him. Not going to fire the dude for not playing the bag game. Energy and a “recruiting plan” don’t bring in that type of class

So these boosters are willing to open their checkbooks bigger than ever before to cheat, but have enough scruples to keep Richt around when he’s keeping them from doing so because he’s a nice guy? Not buying it

But you’re willing to buy that Kirby is flipping kids from Bama, Michigan and bathing in S.FL all because of his recruiting model

Ill believe that before I believe Richt was able to thwart blood thirsty boosters. Funny when Michel went to Georgia everyone screamed bag then

Advertisement
Personally, I believe that handlers get paid, hs coaches get paid, family may get paid in sophisticated ways through churches as an example, and via jobs. The game is complex, but I believe that good teams like Bama and Georgia do this early on. Once they become great teams, the programs recruit themselves mostly. At that point, they only need to do it for select players because the rest are going to want to play for programs that win and can get them to the NFL.

Personally, I believe that handlers get paid, hs coaches get paid, family may get paid in sophisticated ways through churches as an example, and via jobs. The game is complex, but I believe that good teams like Bama and Georgia do this early on. Once they become great teams, the programs recruit themselves mostly. At that point, they only need to do it for select players because the rest are going to want to play for programs that win and can get them to the NFL.

BINGO. Saban learned a “primitive” bag game at LSU and when he returned to college football in 2007 he implemented a recruiting plan that was at that time “trailblazing” look up when he started to buy these car “dealerships”. I have a cousin from Dothan AL. Her husbands a pastor. They had a son who Bama recruited. A sizable “donation” was made to the church and the kid signed with Bama. As time went on str8 cash was evolved into “jobs”, cars, homes, etc. yeah the kid gets kickbacks but the main evidence of “bags” is seen in the families lifestyle. Usually “mama” gets taken care of due to the high rate of single parent black households and it’s easier because said single mother is usually not the most financially stable. Anyways Kirby learned this system for YEARS and implemented it on steroids at UGA. He’s in a even better situation because he has a Home talent goldmine Bags +Talent Goldmine+competent coordinators =titles eventually.

BINGO. Saban learned a “primitive” bag game at LSU and when he returned to college football in 2007 he implemented a recruiting plan that was at that time “trailblazing” look up when he started to buy these car “dealerships”. I have a cousin from Dothan AL. Her husbands a pastor. They had a son who Bama recruited. A sizable “donation” was made to the church and the kid signed with Bama. As time went on str8 cash was evolved into “jobs”, cars, homes, etc. yeah the kid gets kickbacks but the main evidence of “bags” is seen in the families lifestyle. Usually “mama” gets taken care of due to the high rate of single parent black households and it’s easier because said single mother is usually not the most financially stable. Anyways Kirby learned this system for YEARS and implemented it on steroids at UGA. He’s in a even better situation because he has a Home talent goldmine Bags +Talent Goldmine+competent coordinators =titles eventually.

Lets hope the difference in coaching ability from saban to smart prevents UGA from becoming Bama 2.0

Advertisement

Pretty close, say 99%

Rumor on some of the other boards are saying Georgia boosters spent over 3 million dollars in players with 4 specifically ranging in the $500,000 relm

Rumor on some of the other boards are saying Georgia boosters spent over 3 million dollars in players with 4 specifically ranging in the $500,000 relm

Rumors do not mean ****, you or I could start one even bigger than that. Do I not believe something is happening other than Kurby yes because he comes across just like Saban an insufferable prick.

By the way might be of interest to most Coley got replaced as WR coach today, no word on what his new assignment will be.

Rumors do not mean ****, you or I could start one even bigger than that. Do I not believe something is happening other than Kurby yes because he comes across just like Saban an insufferable prick.

By the way might be of interest to most Coley got replaced as WR coach today, no word on what his new assignment will be.

Director of Bag dropping

Advertisement
Back