Geoff Collins Making Moves in GA Tech

I guess if someone on the internet makes a conclusion, it's automatically true. Love this message board, but it's a behavioral health trauma ward right now. We've sucked for 15 years. What's with the sudden overwhelming panic?

Advertisement
Advertisement
No, you're right. GT is the real football powerhouse in the state and Georgia is just hoping to occasionally finish third in their division.

I'm just saying.
We (Miami) have won 5 titles since Georgia's last one.
GT has a more recent title.

Blows my mind that so many think of UGA as this blue blood program with a rich history and banners hanging all over the place. Jesus.

/grew up hating Georgia if you can't tell

Advertisement
We dont even have an assistant athletic director for football. But we should think about creating this position and giving it to a former player. This could help shield the football program from Flake Jame's and his ineptitude.
@Dude
Sounds like the football GM you’ve been asking for.

Not sure what GT's been doing but have never bought the premise that Paul Johnson was the best they can do because they can't recruit. Any momentum and there's enough talent in the state to get the program to a top 15 level. Johnson's best year's went down with talent like Demaryius Thomas, Jon Dwyer, Michael Johnson etc that he inherited from Gailey.

Nice try. Georgia Tech's best season under Paul Johnson was 2014 when they routed 10-2 Mississippi State in the Orange Bowl. That Mississippi State team was quarterbacked by Dak Prescott and had been unbeaten and ranked #1 deep into the regular season.

Chan Gailey had been gone by 7 years at that point

Advertisement
Wasn’t impressed with key at ucf lol sort of like cristobal at fiu idk why y’all are getting your panties in a bunch

Advertisement
We dont even have an assistant athletic director for football. But we should think about creating this position and giving it to a former player. This could help shield the football program from Flake Jame's and his ineptitude.
Have Manny add in this hire when he announces his entire offensive staff at once

Jkjk

I don't care how good these recruiters allegedly are, you aren't selling an Engineer degree to most 4* and 5* athletes. Even if they are 1 mile away from your campus.

GT made a solid hire I was hoping they'd take the "Lane Train" out of Florida but god wouldn't grant me that wish and Collin's is putting together a good staff and they will be better but everyone knows our biggest threat in terms of the new hires is Mack Brown because he knows how to recruit and build a staff they'll be competitive. Not sure GT will win many recruiting battles.

Advertisement
Back