Geoff Collins Making Moves in GA Tech

Sigma_Cane_7

Senior
Hope Manny is taking notes. Geoff is poaching from the SEC and building a nice staff with no fuss.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He got Brent key Alabama oline coach last week too. Ga tech grad but still that’s a big get

Not sure what GT's been doing but have never bought the premise that Paul Johnson was the best they can do because they can't recruit. Any momentum and there's enough talent in the state to get the program to a top 15 level. Johnson's best year's went down with talent like Demaryius Thomas, Jon Dwyer, Michael Johnson etc that he inherited from Gailey.

We dont even have an assistant athletic director for football. But we should think about creating this position and giving it to a former player. This could help shield the football program from Flake Jame's and his ineptitude.

Advertisement
That’s a far cry from PJ pulling commits schollies for taking visits to better schools.

Advertisement
Been saying this for a long time but GT is a sleeping giant. I know I'll catch flack from everyone here but whatever. I've lived in Atlanta for awhile and there is a lot of talent here.

They’re definitely in a good area for talent.

Any coach with some sense and skill could make them a decent program.

Advertisement
Been saying this for a long time but GT is a sleeping giant. I know I'll catch flack from everyone here but whatever. I've lived in Atlanta for awhile and there is a lot of talent here.

the problem is the incentive to go to a school without cupcake majors. unless they change things to make sports better, georgia tech is a legitimately great stem institution that doesn't leave their athletes a ton of wiggle room.

also hard to get great players to go to a school with a 60-40 male-female ratio at best (it was almost 70-30 in 2017).

53A68C7A-CFE5-4812-8C41-2ED36503AFC5.gif

Advertisement
Except Georgia Tech has never been especially good regardless of who the coach was besides 1990 when they miraculously won a natty. (Just so happened to be before FSU joined the ACC and started attracting more football schools to the conference).

Advertisement
Back