Geoegia Tech vs. Miami 2014 Prediction Thread

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Vegas is giving Miami 1-3 points. When is last time we covered?

We covered as favorites last week. That game was bet down to -5 after jumping to -7 in mid week. We also covered the -16.5 hosting Arkansas State. Miami failed to cover as favorites against FAMU and in both road underdog roles at Louisville and at Nebraska.

You are correct, Miami is now the underdog. Major line move a few hours ago. Canes are now getting +1 to +2 depending where you shop. Makes me feel like an idiot because I had friends go to Wynn on Sunday night and grab Canes at pick-em.

Some of the betting outfits who move numbers are a pain in the butt. When I was full time in Las Vegas I had connections and often would get advanced notice from the runners. They would tell me, "Hey, we're going to play Georgia Tech in a few minutes. The order is -1 or better." Stuff like that. I could maneuver beforehand, if proper or available. They trusted me not to spread the word before they moved the line. I would help them out when I had info. Now from afar it's mostly guesswork. I don't get as many great numbers. I can anticipate the standard line moves but the outfits often play games. This might be setting up an intended play on the Canes later in the week. I mentioned that last week, that the move to -7 could be setting up a middle. Things were sitting pretty when that game sat 16-10. Massive tickets would have been cashed on both sides.

I still pick Miami. Now I have to decide whether to press the wager at a slightly better number.

Advertisement
Tech gets no pressure on the QB and secondary is average. This offense is close to breaking out and playing a complete game and Brad is the type QB who can win games for you not just manage a game or serviceable, This kid is a player. That throw he made to Herb in a downpour was a thing of beauty. The pass he made to Walford the play before the pass to Herb was perfectly thrown tight spiral dropped. That was a deluge not a drizzle. Canes 45-21.

Advertisement
I see a low scoring, GT posession lesson, Coley befuddled, Dorito befuddled, and you know Golden will have that Radio look.

Can't see us winning at all. Sucks. Season be over! **** it mane!

Advertisement
Back