Gentleman, we have a real football program. (Clinic recap)

Why do all of y'all try to make it seem that everything Mario praises relates to Satan? By the by it's butch who they all learned from. Satan included. Satan simply refined it to where it applies to modern day principles
What's your infatuation with Butch Davis when unlike so many Miami head coaches before him won nothing? I mean, Jimmy Johnson, he's not.

Advertisement
What's your infatuation with Butch Davis when unlike so many Miami head coaches before him won nothing? I mean, Jimmy Johnson, he's not.
talking homer simpson GIF

Probably not and frankly, Alabama doesn't look the same since Mike Locksley left for Maryland after the '18' season. Gattis was our WR coach for a cup of coffee so it's hard to say what Gattis's offensive values were overall in Tuscaloosa. I would think his time with Michigan as OC seems to tell the bigger story. From watching Mario's approach at Oregon, I don't know how Gattis is not feeling right at home with Mario's offensive philosophies. Mario Cristobal's value system at Oregon seems to be on full display.
I would also mention it will probably also be a bit different then his time in Michigan as well. Harbaugh seems like he has always ran a super conservative offense since he has been in college football.

I would also mention it will probably also be a bit different then his time in Michigan as well. Harbaugh seems like he has always ran a super conservative offense since he has been in college football.
And OCs ultimately run what the boss says run. That's about the only way I can possibly explain how they misused Shea Patterson's time there.

Advertisement
Bruh...Shorty's was my grandmother's spot when we would head down to the Keys to go fishing. I would always try and race my uncle to see who could finish our corn on the cob first. I never beat him. Lol. That corn was and still is blazing hot when it comes to the table. Don't even get me started on the shorts sauce!! So freaking good. Shortys is south Florida treasure for sure.
Keep going South on US1, stop at Shiver's (I heard it was opened by one of Shorty's angry cousins), get the fried corn. Trust me.

Advertisement
Guys, it would not surprise me if we were actually kinda good this year. I know new staffs and new systems come with growing pains sometimes, but from what I've seen so far, they have made massive strides in a short period of time.

Whether we're actually good or not this season, we'll have to see. There's still roster deficiencies.

I do know where we're headed though. And that's elite level. It's just a matter of time.
And if Mario is able to do that, I don't see us falling off for a long time. He ain't going anywhere IMO. It was told to me that he has aspirations of surpassing Saban. He wants to be on THAT level. Someone who is competing for titles on a regular basis and is top-5 in the country yearly. We all know that's lofty expectations, but that's where his head is at.

I also see us as a destination where coaches come, get better, win, and move on to HC or coordinator positions...much like we used to be...and how Bama is now. Gattis, Ponce, Addae are the first 3 guys that come to mind. I can see all 3 of them eventually getting promotions, either at Miami or somewhere else. Addae has future DC vibes, Gattis future HC and Ponce probably taking over as OC here. Mario certainly didn't hire any inexperienced slapd!cks like Manny did.

Lots of buzz around the program right now. Plenty of high school coaches were thoroughly impressed.
I don't think it's unreasonable at all to expect a good season. Playoff might be a stretch, but we weren't terrible last year, and even looked pretty good at times. We return one of the best QBs in the country, who should only be better, plenty of skill position talent, an improved OL, and a defense that while still not great, should be improved as well. Add that to competent coaching and scheme, and yea ACCCG is a more than reasonable goal.

Stop. Just stop.

JJ inherited a team one year removed from a National Championship. Butch...not so much.

They are incredibly similar coaches, both in talent identification/development and in establishing a coaching staff and team identity that wins on an incredibly consistent basis.

Who were the "so many" Miami head coaches before Butch who won nothing? Dennis Erickson? Jimmy Johnson? Howard Schnellenberger? Let's not pretend that Alabama was the cradle of coaches before Bear. ****, I'd like to limit to discussion during a time period when more than just "whitefolk" were allowed to play, but I realize that would invalidate most of Alabama's history.

#1 I have no infatuation with any human. #2 I played here for butch Davis who regardless of what he won, he set us up to be a dynasty, and the best football team in the history of college football. He also was one of the main reasons jimmy was able to do what he did. Jimmy would tell you that.

Advertisement
#1 I have no infatuation with any human. #2 I played here for butch Davis who regardless of what he won, he set us up to be a dynasty, and the best football team in the history of college football. He also was one of the main reasons jimmy was able to do what he did. Jimmy would tell you that.
@Brooklyndee sometimes you just have to tea bag these trolls. This guy @TUSKtimes clearly is an FSU sleeper agent.

combo teabag GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back