Geno Smith/Sammy Watkins

Mico Jones

Positivity!
Banned
How much longer are we going to have to watch local superstars dominate for other teams.

Advertisement
They talked up Sammy Watkins too much last night. It was like watching a Lakers game and hearing about how good Kobe is every time he makes a play.

Nobody wants to play for the Canes anymore. That's usually what a decade of irrelevance will accomplish.

It's going to take a superhuman effort from Golden to get us back on top.

Advertisement
This **** pops up every time some local kid has a good game. Did the kid want to go to Miami, did he have the grades...com'on enough already. You act like its something new.

This **** pops up every time some local kid has a good game. Did the kid want to go to Miami, did he have the grades...com'on enough already. You act like its something new.

+1
Neither kid wanted to come here... And sometimes I see why with some of our fanbase...

Advertisement
Nobody wants to play for the Canes anymore. That's usually what a decade of irrelevance will accomplish.

Since 81, when has Clemson really been relevant? How did they get these guys to come and play there?

Since 81, when has Clemson really been relevant? How did they get these guys to come and play there?

Top notch facilities and briefcases full of cash would be my guess. College football has changed and we simply can't compete with these big state schools right now. The Miami brand isn't enough. Considering the amount of NFL talent that has passed through here it should be, but the big-time recruits we battle for on the east coast are going to go where the money and the flashy facilities are.

The Miami brand has been left out in the weather to rust for the past decade.

Golden's doing a frame-off restoration. Not an overnight ordeal.

Our team in recent years may have sucked, but not nearly as much suck as many of the fans.

Advertisement
The Miami brand has been left out in the weather to rust for the past decade.

Golden's doing a frame-off restoration. Not an overnight ordeal.

Our team in recent years may have sucked, but not nearly as much suck as many of the fans.

What is it about the fans that you have a problem with? Just curious.

More bull**** from the Shalala apologists. I didn't become a Canes fan because of our high graduation rates but because we were kicking people's asses all over the field with the Watkins/petersons/ geno smiths of their time. We are forever locked into mediocrity with the likes of other academic first football schools like Notre Dame.

Advertisement
More bull**** from the Shalala apologists. I didn't become a Canes fan because of our high graduation rates but because we were kicking people's asses all over the field with the Watkins/petersons/ geno smiths of their time. We are forever locked into mediocrity with the likes of other academic first football schools like Notre Dame.

Da **** are you even talking about? Not a single kid mentioned in this thread was lost due to grades.

Da **** are you even talking about? Not a single kid mentioned in this thread was lost due to grades.
. It's all tied together. The university cares more about graduation rates than winning. Subpar coaching hired, subpar facilities, higher academic standards means we can no longer compete. We put out a mediocre product and we lose out on the Watkins/smiths of the world. This all started with the Ali highsmiths and the Dwaybe Bowes. By the way Peterson was borderline. Remember he got flagged by the NCAA clearinghouse. Probably wouldn't have been admitted here.

. It's all tied together. The university cares more about graduation rates than winning. Subpar coaching hired, subpar facilities, higher academic standards means we can no longer compete. We put out a mediocre product and we lose out on the Watkins/smiths of the world. This all started with the Ali highsmiths and the Dwaybe Bowes. By the way Peterson was borderline. Remember he got flagged by the NCAA clearinghouse. Probably wouldn't have been admitted here.

It's a school, a place of higher of education. Of course the first priority is its academic status, as it should be.

yes the school cares more about graduation rates than winning, thats their job

i also care about the fact that i have a better job than my counterparts who graduate from fsu, lsu, and wvu aka the idiot factories

with that said i would take a dozen arrests and a #40-50 us news ranking for a ring or two. Thats it though, when the arrest #s start getting out of hand i cant stand behind it

Advertisement
Back