General recruiting question, ultimatums given?

bling121

Recruit
I’ve always wondered but I’ll use Bogle in this example since Manny’s going to visit him tonight. Do coaches essentially give an ultimatum to recruits? I know in the past we’ve been burned on signing day. Do the coaches have to kiss *** and cross their fingers all the way through signing, or at some point do they say, we need to know, that way they can close the door and maybe grab a Boykin before he signs elsewhere?

Advertisement
Generally no because anything can happen up until signing day and coaches don't want to give an ultimatum to one player, banking on another player coming, and then that other player doesn't come and we're left eating our own ****.

What does happen is coaches express to recruits that numbers are limited and although they can usually make things work, if they don't commit early enough, there is no guarantee that their spot will still be available later on.

I’ve always wondered but I’ll use Bogle in this example since Manny’s going to visit him tonight. Do coaches essentially give an ultimatum to recruits? I know in the past we’ve been burned on signing day. Do the coaches have to kiss *** and cross their fingers all the way through signing, or at some point do they say, we need to know, that way they can close the door and maybe grab a Boykin before he signs elsewhere?
I was thinking the samething. If we miss on Boykin bc of Bogle and then miss on Bogle that would be Richt era ****.

Bama puts up with recruiting antics , I don't why you weirdos think sorry *** Miami can not. Save me the "I want kids that want to be canes with 5* hearts here only" crap.

Advertisement
You gotta put up with it if not you gonna end up with horse **** being worried about the games they playing lol. Thankfully our coaches are smarter and more mature than our fans

Need to move on. We dont need Bagel. If there is someone out there that wants to be at Miami that is worth a scholly give it to them

Advertisement
I think we need to force players to be more straight up with us.

One of the big problems we've had over these last 4 years is you always hear about Coaches being "extremely confident" we're going to land a player only to have that player fck us over immediately after, it's actually **** near become the kiss of death for us lol.

I hope Diaz starts making these kids just tell us what it is exactly, not just what the coaches wanna hear. What I really hope is we stop inviting kids on campus to hang out all year & then visit one SEC school & tell us to fck off. We need to put a stop to that sh*t pronto. Bring kids on for camps & if they wanna come on 1 or 2 UV's that's cool, but if they're not committing get them the fck outta here & stop having them back.

We need to start getting a straight answer out of these kids from the beginning, do you wanna play for Miami? If you do then commit & SIGN, if not, best of luck kid.

Last edited:
Saban has been known to tell commits if they take other visits their offer is revoked IIRC

Saban also typically has other 4/5 star options in the wings. We haven had that luxury unfortunately. I agree we need to be more direct with these recruits but it’s a delicate balance.

Advertisement
Clemson does. They have very few decommits because they tell kids their spot is gone if they take visits.

As far as Miami the only time I remember something like that was with Matt Thomas and Kirkland circus.

Coaches swallow their pride all the time. On the trail, in interviews with the media, newspapers and such.

Advertisement
I think we need to force players to be more straight up with us.

One of the big problems we've had over these last 4 years is you always hear about Coaches being extremely confident we're going to land a player only to have that player fck us over immediately after, it's actually **** near become the kiss of death for us lol.

I hope Diaz starts making these kids just tell us what it is exactly, not just what the coaches wanna hear. What I really hope is we stop inviniting kids on campus to hang out all year & then visit one SEC school & tell us to fck off. We need to put a stop to that sh*t pronto. Bring kids on for camps & if they wanna come on 1 or 2 UV's that's cool, but if they're not committing get them the fck outta here & stop having them back.

We need to start getting a straight answer out of these kids from the beginning, do you wanna play for Miami? If you do then commit & SIGN, if not, best of luck kid.

Nice in theory, but they'll still be free to commit then flip at the end. I love the idea of making them be honest with us, just don't see how we'd make it stick.

Of course coaches do this. The question is where you stand. Alabama can do it to anyone. Miami will have some very top local kids they wait on. But you cannot wait on very many kids or you risk a mess of a class, which can cost a coach his job. It’s not so much an ultimatum as ‘moving on.’

Nice in theory, but they'll still be free to commit then flip at the end. I love the idea of making them be honest with us, just don't see how we'd make it stick.

The early signing period is going to help a lot in separating the rice from the rat sh*t

You gotta put up with it if not you gonna end up with horse **** being worried about the games they playing lol. Thankfully our coaches are smarter and more mature than our fans

The last 15 years cast serious doubt on your last statement. Unless you are trying to say thank only Manny and his minions are smarter and more mature.

Advertisement
Back