Gayot transferring per the PPB

brcane1

Sophomore
I thought he wasn't going to get medical clearance to resume his football career?

Advertisement
I thought he wasn't going to get medical clearance to resume his football career?

...from Miami.
Miami was not going to sign off and medically clear him. He still wants to play, so he will take his talents elsewhere.

Advertisement
I hope he knows its very dangerous and not listening to bad advice. He has had a few head injuries and UM is very careful with those. Can't blame them, life over football.

Wish him the best. I wish he could have continued his career here but I can certainly understand UMs position in this matter. It's a shame because he was going to be a player. Hope it all works out for him.

was really looking forward to seeing this kid develop. kid had a natural tenacity to strike, something very difficult to teach. hope the best for him, but as a non-senior, this move opens up another 2017 spot

Advertisement
Yea i agree but im with the coaches on doing the right thing as well. If he is cleared then ok but if there is a sliver of a chance he shouldnt play. I agree with them. Sucks too because i seen alot of potential in gayot. Reminds me alot of grace.

Yea i agree but im with the coaches on doing the right thing as well. If he is cleared then ok but if there is a sliver of a chance he shouldnt play. I agree with them. Sucks too because i seen alot of potential in gayot. Reminds me alot of grace.

There's a chance any player can get injured on any play.

This sort of thing should be left up to the player and his family. If they want him to play, then he should play here.Like I said, if he's healthy enough to play somewhere else and wants to play, then he should be playing here. If Gayot realizes the risk and knowingly accepts it, then who are we to stand in his way?

Advertisement

This sort of thing should be left up to the player and his family. If they want him to play, then he should play here.Like I said, if he's healthy enough to play somewhere else and wants to play, then he should be playing here. If Gayot realizes the risk and knowingly accepts it, then who are we to stand in his way?

Because the university has a legal and moral responsibility to its players. I'm sure they would love to put him back out there because of the lack of depth and experience but IF he gets hurt then the media would eat them alive. It's a calculated PR move to me. A good one at that. I'm with the university on this one.

I read a few weeks back when this first came up that there is a problem with the spinal cord in the neck area and the UM team doctors will not clear him to return to football. That takes the coaches out of the equation as it should. Apparently he has found a school whose doctors are willing to clear him. Hopefully, the player doesn't suffer an injury and becomes paralyzed. I'm sure Gayot, the new school and the doctors hope he doesn't either.

I read a few weeks back when this first came up that there is a problem with the spinal cord in the neck area and the UM team doctors will not clear him to return to football. That takes the coaches out of the equation as it should. Apparently he has found a school whose doctors are willing to clear him. Hopefully, the player doesn't suffer an injury and becomes paralyzed. I'm sure Gayot, the new school and the doctors hope he doesn't either.

Pretty sure I read on the WEZ that the school that cleared him was Northern Illinois.

Advertisement
USC would not give clearance to Jarvis Jones after his neck injury there, but Uga took him in and CMR himself was with him during the medical tests and got him in...and became an all American.

Medical advice isn't an issue exact science and just because our doctors won't clear him that doesn't mean some others won't. Who is right, hopefully the ones that clear him (providing that happens) wherever he may go.

Those assessing his risk for injury know a lot more that those on this website. It sucks for him about football, but his future is more important. I doubt UM was taking away his scholarship. He just puts football above his education

Advertisement
Back