Gaynor

Advertisement
I haven't rewatched in detail yet, but from the stadium view, I saw #62 on some very important plays - including the last drive. #62 is Hayden Mahoney. Can anyone confirm or deny if something (injury-wise) happened to Gaynor? Are you guys confusing #62 and #65 (Gaynor)?

Advertisement
I haven't rewatched in detail yet, but from the stadium view, I saw #62 on some very important plays - including the last drive. #62 is Hayden Mahoney. Can anyone confirm or deny if something (injury-wise) happened to Gaynor? Are you guys confusing #62 and #65 (Gaynor)?

I saw Mahoney a lot more than 65. I'm pretty sure Gaynor was having some issues today. The old instantly got better when 62 came in. I do love Gaynor though.

I didn't realize it was Mahoney in there. Gauthier is money too. We look like we are in pretty good shape inside next year.

I think first drive.. like first play 65 had issues with their dt, he was in rosiers lap.. affected his throw.. sure coaches saw that and made adjustment..

Kid is a player but might not have strength yet for acc play.. need a off-season of grinding in weight room

Advertisement
I mean lets be real here, at the end of the day this is a True Freshman OL.
The fact that he has even earned PT like this is great.

...which just Means Donalson is a beast.

Twitter says Gaynor was hurt. It's really nice to get guys some experience and see them play well while still winning the game.

Hopefully Donaldson, Richards, and Redwine get healthy quickly. We need them back.

Advertisement
That’s my bad. Didn’t even notice Mahoney subbed in for Gaynor. Just saw a big white RG moving some piles and felt a sense of relief. Still excited to see this OL in the next couple years.

I think first drive.. like first play 65 had issues with their dt, he was in rosiers lap.. affected his throw.. sure coaches saw that and made adjustment..

Kid is a player but might not have strength yet for acc play.. need a off-season of grinding in weight room

Gaynor's problem is not totally strength as in HS put up a 365 bench and 500 squat and I imagine those numbers have gone up since at the U. He is very aggressive and sometimes can be used against him also his bodyweight is listed at 285 (he may be lighter and looks smaller on the field than the others)which is a little light for the O-line in this era.
https://coralspringsconnection.word...ll-play-at-university-of-minnesota-next-fall/

Mahoney showed good technique plus is 6-5/300 so has size on his side. I am glad Mahoney has materialized into a solid player as a number of those guys from that recruiting era have not or have left the U.

Last edited:
Gaynor got knocked back into Rosier on first play but didn't get pulled early. He started the second half and was there on two scoring drives. (TD pass to Homer before half and long pass to Thomas).

Don't know if Searels stayed with hot hand in 4th quarter (Mahoney made nice block on Homer TD run) or if Gaynor was hurt. Thought both guys did their jobs upon rewatch.

Advertisement
Gaynor got knocked back into Rosier on first play but didn't get pulled early. He started the second half and was there on two scoring drives. (TD pass to Homer before half and long pass to Thomas).

Don't know if Searels stayed with hot hand in 4th quarter (Mahoney made nice block on Homer TD run) or if Gaynor was hurt. Thought both guys did their jobs upon rewatch.

Gaynor did get worked that first play. Mahoney played well as a replacement which was nice to see. We seem to have some depth on the interior but nothing on the outside. What are we going to do at LT/RT next year?

F/U based on quick review of tape:

Looks like Gaynor played most of the 1Q.
Mahoney played most of 2Q, sans some snaps at end.
Gaynor played in 3Q.
Mahoney closed.

No idea the reason or if something happened to Gaynor.

It time to play more of our "JAG" O-line because apparent they are gamers. Gauthier, Gall last year, Mahoney this year.. go ahead and toss in more of these guys in the rotation they're apparently getting the job done when they actually play. Already better then Linder.

Advertisement
Back