Gattis production at Michigan

I don't know what to say there. You'd think Richt would have had a better idea of when a change was needed with his experience, but he didn't. And I don't believe it was because he was tired, he just insisted in believing he could do it. Honestly, you have to give things some time or you don't know they will or won't work, the trick is not giving too much time. I'd say it's hard to argue that after 3 games Gattis' time should be up. He may not be the guy, but he'll get at least a year no matter what we want. And I think he deserves that.
I think richt knew. but couldn't fire his son after year 3. combine that w his health, he chose to retire and not take the money.

Advertisement
I don't know what to say there. You'd think Richt would have had a better idea of when a change was needed with his experience, but he didn't. And I don't believe it was because he was tired, he just insisted in believing he could do it. Honestly, you have to give things some time or you don't know they will or won't work, the trick is not giving too much time. I'd say it's hard to argue that after 3 games Gattis' time should be up. He may not be the guy, but he'll get at least a year no matter what we want. And I think he deserves that.
I'm not insinuating that Gattis after 3 games should be axed...But he needs to Shake things up quickly. And this "No" separate WR coach at The University of Miami makes me want to throw up. You have a quality RB coach in Smith....but nothing for WRs??...

Hes def getting the year. were not saying fire him tomorrow. were just asking for some flexibility w what were running.

Would love to see the receipts from many (including supposed insiders) when Gattis was hired. Now everyone is an armchair OC. Never fails.
Go check it out. I bumped it to the top page. I said exactly what would happen and got laughed at. I complained all week about him and got laughed at. And now that I said Saturday was not all his fault I’m an idiot for that too lmao

Go check it out. I bumped it to the top page. I said exactly what would happen and got laughed at. I complained all week about him and got laughed at. And now that I said Saturday was not all his fault I’m an idiot for that too lmao
he didnt call a terrible game. hes just didnt call a great one and the pass game looks so congested again

Advertisement
Ok, here's what I've come up with based on the conversations with @hoops156 and @SWFLHurricane.

My wife and I have this ongoing conversation about our kids and how to handle them. I'm a dad so I can be a little fire and brimstone at times. I think I'm hard but fair, but who can say? She points out to me that they're kids and learning how to be in the world whereas I'm an adult. Therefore it's my job to meet them where they are so that I can help them. She's not wrong. I still think they need to learn that the world won't give a f*ck about them so sometimes you have to conform or harden the f*ck up. But, again, she's not wrong. Sometimes they need me to change where I'm coming from so they can better hear and understand my message. So now that those few who have read this far know way too much about me and my family...on to coaching.

Coaching is very much parenting. They want different things from their players at times than I want from my kids but it's the same dynamic. I see our coaches, past and present, struggling to find the balance between "do it my way" and "what would work for you?". If they change plays so TVD feels more comfortable, will other players start demanding the same? If they insist players conform to their system will they comply or will there be rebellion? They feel they see farther than players and want to realize their vision. If they bend now, will it keep them from realizing that vision?

I agree that the best thing is to work with the players we have as opposed to asking our guys to be who they are not. I'm honestly mystified as to how they're getting good play out of both lines, but not the WRs. I would have thought the WR group was more talented, but they don't seem to be able to perform, and both lines can. There are a lot of moving pieces here, and I don't know the answers. I'm hoping our staff does.

Ok, here's what I've come up with based on the conversations with @hoops156 and @SWFLHurricane.

My wife and I have this ongoing conversation about our kids and how to handle them. I'm a dad so I can be a little fire and brimstone at times. I think I'm hard but fair, but who can say? She points out to me that they're kids and learning how to be in the world whereas I'm an adult. Therefore it's my job to meet them where they are so that I can help them. She's not wrong. I still think they need to learn that the world won't give a f*ck about them so sometimes you have to conform or harden the f*ck up. But, again, she's not wrong. Sometimes they need me to change where I'm coming from so they can better hear and understand my message. So now that those few who have read this far know way too much about me and my family...on to coaching.

Coaching is very much parenting. They want different things from their players at times than I want from my kids but it's the same dynamic. I see our coaches, past and present, struggling to find the balance between "do it my way" and "what would work for you?". If they change plays so TVD feels more comfortable, will other players start demanding the same? If they insist players conform to their system will they comply or will there be rebellion? They feel they see farther than players and want to realize their vision. If they bend now, will it keep them from realizing that vision?

I agree that the best thing is to work with the players we have as opposed to asking our guys to be who they are not. I'm honestly mystified as to how they're getting good play out of both lines, but not the WRs. I would have thought the WR group was more talented, but they don't seem to be able to perform, and both lines can. There are a lot of moving pieces here, and I don't know the answers. I'm hoping our staff does.
True...And you have to understand that I'm about as spoiled as they come in ref to UM coaching....I sat for hrs upon hrs with the likes of
Butch
Kehoe
Soldinger
CJ
Miller/Schiano
and of course Pagano....4 of them are the best position coaches in UM History...with Pagano coaching both DBs/STs. And Butch is the best DL coach as well. So yeah, I might come off as being too opinionated, and might seem too quick to base judgment. But I know what tf I'm talking about in ref to UM FB and coaching. In all fairness, I'm certainly more of a defensive guy. My family all are/were defensive coaches, including an uncle who's in the Colorado HS HOF. But I know enough offensively to not like what I see, primarily in fundamentals and play-calling.

True...And you have to understand that I'm about as spoiled as they come in ref to UM coaching....I sat for hrs upon hrs with the likes of
Butch
Kehoe
Soldinger
CJ
Miller/Schiano
and of course Pagano....4 of them are the best position coaches in UM History...with Pagano coaching both DBs/STs. And Butch is the best DL coach as well. So yeah, I might come off as being too opinionated, and might seem too quick to base judgment. But I know what tf I'm talking about in ref to UM FB and coaching. In all fairness, I'm certainly more of a defensive guy. My family all are/were defensive coaches, including an uncle who's in the Colorado HS HOF. But I know enough offensively to not like what I see, primarily in fundamentals and play-calling.
I think it's safe to say nobody likes what they see.

Advertisement
Would love to see the receipts from many (including supposed insiders) when Gattis was hired. Now everyone is an armchair OC. Never fails.

Go ahead and pull my receipts because my reaction was along the lines of "I'm sick and f#cking tired of pro style offense." Once I made peace with the fact that the Lane Train wasn't stopping in Coral Gables, I looked for OCs that could improve on what Lashlee established and not waste TVDs talents. Joe Brady was my #1, but I was also pumped about Jason Candle. Kendall Briles was another terrific option. I was lukewarm on Dorsey (hey, no one bats 1.000) because I thought he'd want to be a UM traditionalist and go back to pro style. I didn't consider Gattis because why would we go back to a ****ty offense when we had consecutive years of top 25 offenses?

I'm not insinuating that Gattis after 3 games should be axed...But he needs to Shake things up quickly. And this "No" separate WR coach at The University of Miami makes me want to throw up. You have a quality RB coach in Smith....but nothing for WRs??...
Gattis is the wr coach. Why would they have 2 wr coaches on staff lol

Advertisement

Scoring Offense (35th at 31.7 ppg)
Yards Per Game (61st at 402.1 ypg)
Yards Per Play (58th at 5.6 ypp)
Rushing Yards Per Game (68th at 151.2 ypg)
Yards Per Rush Attempt (79th at 4.0 ypr)
Passing Yards Per Game (48th at 250.8 ypg)
Yards Per Pass Attempt (37th at 8.0 ypp)
Red Zone Scoring % (82nd at 81.36%)

Scoring Offense (63rd 28.3 ppg)
Yards Per Game (77th at 381.3 ypg)
Yards Per Play (44th at 5.8 ypp)
Rushing Yards Per Game (94th at 131 ypg)
Yards Per Rush Attempt (51st at 4.6 ypr)
Passing Yards Per Game (42nd at 250.3 ypg)
Yards Per Pass Attempt (73rd at 7.1 ypp)
Red Zone Scoring % (75th at 80.95%)

2021 (Moore promoted to CO-OC)

Scoring Offense (14th at 35.8 ppg)
Yards Per Game (19th at 443.1 ypg)
Yards Per Play (17th at 6.3 ypp)
Rushing Yards Per Game (15th at 214.4 ypg)
Yards Per Rush Attempt (15th at 5.2 ypr)
Passing Yards Per Game (66th at 228.7ypg)
Yards Per Pass Attempt (35th at 8.1 ypp)
Red Zone Scoring % (21st at 89.55%)
If Gattis can get TVD right this offense will be good enough for Miami to win every game. If they just make a couple plays last week they win the game. Its not like they are going 3 and out half of time. What does Ohio st, Bama, and Georgia have? Great QB play and guys that catch the football.

Advertisement
****’s trying to scapegoat that brother. Abundance of snakes roaming in this thread…

We went from talking **** to all rivals because they were hiring G5 coordinators / first time OCs with no playcalling experience and hyping up the fact that we had a Broyles award winner calling play.

To now calling for Gattis' head after 3 games and predicting he won't even make it the whole season.

This fanbase is wild lmao.
Well, his play calling’s been pretty uninspiring.

We went from talking **** to all rivals because they were hiring G5 coordinators / first time OCs with no playcalling experience and hyping up the fact that we had a Broyles award winner calling play.

To now calling for Gattis' head after 3 games and predicting he won't even make it the whole season.

This fanbase is wild lmao.

Broyles Award lost its credibility when Randy Shannon won the award. Its like Henry Kissinger and Yasser Arafat winning the Nobel Peace Prize (which are things that really happened). Kind of makes you realize, "Maybe the people making the selection are factoring in things other than actual performance."

Advertisement
Back