Gattis is Calling Plays from the Box - Is this Heaven or ****?

Advertisement
I’m guessing that ponce being on the sidelines is a good eyes and ears setup for him. I’m down with it.

Y'all are overthinking this.....he just came from Ann Arbor, he needs the AC, he can't be in that south Florida heat after that climate!
I heard Mario will be in the box too for the same reason. Hopefully but 2025 those guys will be acclimated.

Advertisement
He did last year and won the Broyles..
this-is-the-way-mandalorian.gif

This usually the sort of news that launches a thousand rounds of fury and debate, yet today it’s been crickets.

Why are y’all so chill? Did you already know he was doing it?
LSU had the most dominant offense ever with their OCs in the box, so the ceiling is up there. Enos was on the sideline with unlaminated play cards in the rain. This is my hot take rationalization.

Advertisement
Advertisement
As far s I know, calling plays from the box is the Gattis MO. The guy is coming off of a Broyles award and he is a very competent, well respected coach who has had a lot of success at the highest levels of college football. Gattis can do whatever he wants and I'm fine with it and everyone here should be too. He has earned that level of respect. Factor in the fact that he has a veteran QB who is expected to be a 1st round pick next year who has complete command of the offense plus Ponce the QB coach who was an OC last year and I would say that the offense is in pretty good hands.

This usually the sort of news that launches a thousand rounds of fury and debate, yet today it’s been crickets.

Why are y’all so chill? Did you already know he was doing it?
All jokes aside? Is this a real topic or joking around? Surely no one can possibly give a **** about this right? lmao

Advertisement
Some coaches are just more in their element from the sideline and value that face to face interaction with the players more.

Steele is going to be on the sidelines. Obviously other successful DCs have done it that way too. Diaz being an obvious one. It’s just one of those personal preference things.

Orly?

Advertisement
Back