Gattis is Calling Plays from the Box - Is this Heaven or ****?

7302386D-FA2E-4454-A8CE-D34F2AF53085.jpeg

He can pace and conjure up plays out of site

Advertisement
Advertisement
This usually the sort of news that launches a thousand rounds of fury and debate, yet today it’s been crickets.

Why are y’all so chill? Did you already know he was doing it?
He has had success calling plays from pressbox and he is comfortable with it. He's able to see defenses easier. I am all for it.

I like the bird's eye view approach. He can see mismatches and coverages a lot easier. Audibles from the booth.
Agree. You can see so much more from the box than the sideline. You might think the d is stacking a backer behind a d lineman or think this or that from the sideline but the best view is from above. Plus with Ponce being QB coach on the sideline we are good.

Advertisement
Because we’d like to see the results, before we pass judgment

This is CIS. No way that's anywhere near the consensus response.
I bet we have more people who haven't chimed in on this because they're **** drunk, still hung over from last night, or locked up over the weekend than we've got people waiting to see the results before they pass judgment.

He’s done it both ways and if you listen to his answer he’s confidently more comfortable calling from the booth, and that’s what matters most.

Obviously on the other side, he won’t be able to be face to face with the WRs but it sounds like he’s comfortable with the other on field coaches helping out in that regard.

This is CIS. No way that's anywhere near the consensus response.
I bet we have more people who haven't chimed in on this because they're **** drunk, still hung over from last night, or locked up over the weekend than we've got people waiting to see the results before they pass judgment.
😂😂😂

Advertisement
So other coaches get to biiitch out the WR when they drop the ball or run the wrong routes?

This is heaven. Its up to Gattis. If he wants to see the defensive formations then so be it. If he wanted to be on the side lines then that would be heaven. Whatever works!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back