Official Gattis Fired!!

He was done two months ago. There’s a reason he’s been **** near awol after the season ended. Barely any contact with players.
Sorry to ask if you already answered, but why keep the guy for 2 months? Why not cut the guy loose asap. Its not like anyone liked him or he was a factor in recruiting. Thanks @Cribby

Advertisement
Sorry to ask if you already answered, but why keep the guy for 2 months? Why not cut the guy loose asap. Its not like anyone liked him or he was a factor in recruiting. Thanks @Cribby

Seems like we're going to burn the dirty laundry and sweep it under the rug

homer simpson laundry GIF

so miami is a small place (like any major city). the rumor going around UM campus (administrators) is that Gattis was involved in an act/event with multiple co-eds simultaneously that is verboten by UM policies and procedures. the act/event was discovered by UM administration (i don't know how) and he was terminated for cause. this rumor leaked because an administrative proceeding occurred (therefore dozens of people learned of it) to fire him with cause.

this is merely a rumor that i heard today.

Advertisement

Relax. We didn't "keep the guy for 2 months". We've been trying to "place him" for 6 weeks. But...it's complicated...as @rsa coral gables just posted...

so miami is a small place (like any major city). the rumor going around UM campus (administrators) is that Gattis was involved in an act/event with multiple co-eds simultaneously that is verboten by UM policies and procedures. the act/event was discovered by UM administration (i don't know how) and he was terminated for cause. this rumor leaked because an administrative proceeding occurred (therefore dozens of people learned of it) to fire him with cause.

I mean, is it wrong that I kind of like Gattis now?

Advertisement

at least he can score off the field

Advertisement
if the rumor is true, and it has lots of credibility, then this would explain the delay in firing him. a for-cause termination proceeding could certainly take considerable time so that evidence could be gathered, witnesses interviewed, rebuttals/defenses proferred etc.

Last edited:
if the rumor is true, and it has lots of credibility, then this would explain the delay in firing him. a for-cause termination proceeding could certainly take considerable time so that evidence could be gathered, witnesses interviewed, rebuttals/defenses proferred etc.
Those type situations are delicate and most professional Human Resource departments have strict protocols and procedures involving counsel and definitely a series of interviews, on the record. Totally out of the hands of the head coach.

Those type situations are delicate and most professional Human Resource departments have strict protocols and procedures involving counsel and definitely a series of interviews, on the record. Totally out of the hands of the head coach.

Yes. Now people can go back and re-read certain threads, to interpret the hints that were being given.

I tried to tell people that this "wasn't Mario". Once the ***** hit the fan, it was Dan and other folks (H.R., Legal) who were driving the process.

Advertisement
i believe certain gold-crusted members of this fine society said ON MULTIPLE OCCASIONS that the process was outside of the hands of the HBC. now i understand why they said it.

And after bending Mario over the table during the interview process, it was likely at least his second offense of on-campus fornication…

Glad the administration stepped in..

And after bending Mario over the table during the interview process, it was likely at least his second offense of on-campus fornication…

considering his lack of judgment/good character (once is a mistake, twice is a pattern), he likely violated policies and procedures numerous times.

It's not a question of the administration "stepping in". They pretty much HAVE TO take the wheel at a certain point, otherwise it opens them up to legal liability for NOT following up.

Let's not forget, Jameis Winston's accuser received a $1M settlement...FROM FLORIDA STATE...for F$U's violation of Title IX by not acting on her report. Having nothing to do with whether the underlying accusation was adjudicated one way or another...but because F$U DID NOT ACT initially.

Advertisement
Back