Official Gattis Fired!!

I don't think this website will ever top someone calling out the financial expertise of another poster only for that posters rebuttal to be, "If I wasn't financially savvy then why would I have this wooly mammoth tusk seated nicely on my 2005 Rooms to Go sofa?"

Like, my brain has a hard time processing that interaction.
This is why I can’t give this site up no matter how hard I try

Advertisement
Nope, there is a time constraint that allows you to play a second sport without being switched over to that sport for scholarship purposes.

And, to be honest, the primary consideration for that rule was IC numbers, which are currently suspended anyhow.
Well, there may have been rule a one time. I remember Santana Moss receiving a partial track scholarship when arriving at UM, who was working under limited scholarship sanctions. He had switch to a football scholarship once he started playing, after the third game of his freshman season.

Of course, that was 25-years ago.

There was a pizzeria by my place in Beirut that did too. Better options for pizza were out there, so I rarely went.
Always wanted to go there though I don’t know that it’s possible for me. Beautiful women there as I knew some in college. Anthony Bourdain ate at a shawarma place there when a war broke out. If you know the episode, how was that place if you’ve been?

Well, there may have been rule a one time. I remember Santana Moss receiving a partial track scholarship when arriving at UM, who was working under limited scholarship sanctions. He had switch to a football scholarship once he started playing, after the third game of his freshman season.

Of course, that was 25-years ago.

That's why the rule was passed.

Advertisement
Now that he's fired recruiting board sets the precedent that this thread should be locked.

And if you don't like pineapple on pizza you can go right straight to ****, or Tallahassee, or Gainesville.

Always wanted to go there though I don’t know that it’s possible for me. Beautiful women there as I knew some in college. Anthony Bourdain ate at a shawarma place there when a war broke out. If you know the episode, how was that place if you’ve been?
Never went to that place, but hit a lot of other ones. My two favorite places were Barbar for food and The Captain’s Cabin for beers, but ****, there were so many great places there for both.

Reminded me a lot of Miami in many ways. Was a great place to live for a bit. Even as a member of the tribe, I never felt out of place.

Advertisement
Never went to that place, but hit a lot of other ones. My two favorite places were Barbar for food and The Captain’s Cabin for beers, but ****, there were so many great places there for both.

Reminded me a lot of Miami in many ways. Was a great place to live for a bit. Even as a member of the tribe, I never felt out of place.
That’s the risk I was worried about. MOT there with some of the actors they have.

Feelings? You seem worked up. Meanwhile, I’m thrilled. Gattis was atrocious. Feel free to show me where I guaranteed he would be the OC in 2023.

I’m sure you’ll find a ton of material of me mocking the timeline, Gattis’ offense, Mario’s rolodex, failure to recruit WRs, bourbon, and other ****ery…

Did it take too long. Absolutely it did. But if cribby said Mario’s hands were tied, his hands were tied. I’m sure it took too long for him…

Today, I was asking about a 3 week window in the middle of January and whether it made a difference. Some don’t think it did. I think it may have. That’s how conversations work.

My take was Mario’s a great recruiter that has a roster to flip and gaps to fill and it seems counterintuitive to think Mario of all people couldn’t have improved his roster more without his hands tied behind his back with extra time before the portal round and NSD closed out…

Don’t be so upset… a huge issue has been resolved and we have a new opportunity.
Thought you weren’t going to keep arguing about it
Lies Liar GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
That’s the risk I was worried about. MOT there with some of the actors they have.
I’m sure there’s ways to get in deep there, but it’s one of those things that if you don’t go looking for it, you’ll be fine. I will say, it was probably the safest city I’ve ever been in…walked across the city at night in the witching hours plenty of times without issue.

Advertisement
Back